For All The Tannehill Fans. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For All The Tannehill Fans.

Points per game is the only offensive metric that matters. 11th in 2014 and 17th in 2016.

Also, why do people compare tannehill to Marino? That's a losing battle every time
Marino was added just as a footnote.

Team offenses and defenses have been ranked by yards for decades. It does show production although I agree points is key yet points can be skewed by special teams and field position etc.

Bottom line is RT led offenses have not been good at either for the most part.

Points per game is the only offensive metric that matters. 11th in 2014 and 17th in 2016.

Also, why do people compare tannehill to Marino? That's a losing battle every time
Marino was added just as a footnote.

Team offenses and defenses have been ranked by yards for decades. It does show production although I agree points is key yet points can be skewed by special teams and field position etc.

Bottom line is RT led offenses have not been good at either for the most part.
Is this yards per game?
yes

You’re right I missed 2014. But it’s even uglier than I thought after researching.

Dolphins offensive ranking under RT:

2012 27th
2013 27th
2014 14th
2015 26th
2016 24th
2017 25th (Cutler)
2018 30th

This is the worst stretch of offensive ranking by far in Miami Dolphins history. Even the Henne years were better. The Fiedler years were better. Pennington in 2008 had us 12th which is our highest rank between 1997 and 2018.

Marino’s worst year? 1999 final season ranking 20th. He also had eleven top ten offensive years.

The two worst years offensively in Dolphins history? Cleo Lemon in 2007 had us 28th for a point of reference. Feeley in the last Wanny year (2004) provided us our lowest offensive rank ever at 29th.

We are currently in the dark ages in Miami Dolphins offensive history.
Every time I hear clearly lemon I think of those 1-800 tell the future commercials from the eighties

Good riddance to bad rubbish! You didn't add much to the site anyway nor support it in any way either!

Are you serious? All you have to do is compare their best games and even their average games to see the lack of backbone in that argument.

Hint: Tannehill's wouldn't be close

Wouldn't be threads about firing the coach, starting the back up QB after wins but way to miss the point despite me surmising it for you.

Wouldn't be threads about firing the coach, starting the back up QB after wins but way to miss the point despite me surmising it for you.

If your point was that every QB has bad games then it’s not much a point at all. If there is another point you're trying to make please enlighten me.

These threads, unlike most reactionary threads, are an accumulation of the last 5-7 years just as much as they are the last two games. We've got a lot of football left to play but it sure feels like we're cruising towards another 8-8 season.

If your point was that every QB has bad games then it’s not much a point at all. If there is another point you're trying to make please enlighten me.

These threads, unlike most reactionary threads, are an accumulation of the last 5-7 years just as much as they are the last two games. We've got a lot of football left to play but it sure feels like we're cruising towards another 8-8 season.

Bad games happen. For three quarters we had a good reaction to the NE loss which hopefully the fourth quarter offensive collapse doesn't crush the team going forward.

Now's the time that the coaching staff earn their crust. We've seen the defense hopefully turn the corner but if Gase figures things out and actually coaches the offense up we just might go on a run.

3-2 is huge after the first five games just need the coaching staff to get this offense clicking.

In a nutshell good teams go on a run after bad games, the next few games will tell us more about this team than the previous two.

Says the biggest Joe Philbin/Jeff Ireland fan in the world.
In typical douche form you're confusing me with someone else...and you're still here which speaks volumes for how full of **** you are...been here 13 years and always depended on others to support this struggling site eh?

Back
Top Bottom