For all those obsessed with next year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For all those obsessed with next year

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
For all those obsessed with next year, ask yourself, did you expect the 9-7 2002 Phins to improve to better than 11-5 in 2003 ? I personally was only expecting 11-5 -http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&find=lastposter&forumid=7 - so we c/meet my expectations

If not, then wait til our next loss to all this ridiculous speculation and criticism :nono:

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP
philly is a SB contender, and buffalo and NY are always gunning for us...i'll take 10-6 this year, no problem
I hear you and get your pt.; but I was referring to putting our 8-5 record in perspective of what we expected before opening day. And how 11-5 w/b darn good - who w/have expected the Pats (especially after 31-0 opening day) to be #1 seed in AFC :hmmm:

I tought we would be 11-5 but not with 2 loss against the Pats...

I tought the Pats could go 10-6 at the best.

The bottomline is that they don't have the players we have but we don't have the team they have.
:(

Look at the remaining games!!!!..

Philly - They are the strongest team in the NFC right now. We'd be very fortunate to beat them.....Loss.

@Buffalo - Cold, windy, loud, and the Bills defense. Our offense is in for a long day IMO. We can shut down the Bills offense as well, but playing on the road in December, the odds are stacked against us....Still uncertain.

NY Jets - We can win this game. It wont be a cake walk though, we all know how the Jets are always tough against us no matter how bad they look during the regular season. Win.

If we can go 2-1, and finish 10-6 while making the playoffs, I'll be satisfied with the season. What really kills me are the losses at home against Houston / NE. We should never have lost those two games, and thinking about it now at 8-5, they really burn deep....:evil:

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

well, heres the problem with the team this year that makes me so disappointed.....OUR OFFENSE SUCKS!!! DAMN NEAR WORST IN THE LEAGUE.....honestly i would not be shocked if we go 0-3 these last 3 games.....i just don't see our o-line playing well enough....our defense has been all we could ask for....but with our inability to run, pass block, run block, catch passes, make passes, let alone SCORE POINTS....teams with good defenses will slaughter our offense....i'm starting to think that our win against dallas was the real fluke.....i mean, do you guys really think we'll ever see that dolphins offense again??? the answer is NO....wanna know why??? cuz Jay Fiedler played the best game of his life that day.....never again!

I thought 10-6 before the year, and I will stick with that until I see our seventh loss (if that happens).

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy
I tought we would be 11-5 but not with 2 loss against the Pats...

I tought the Pats could go 10-6 at the best.

The bottomline is that they don't have the players we have but we don't have the team they have.
:(

That is a great quote. Exactly the difference we have great players and a good team. They have good player and a great team. The coaches make the team the team.

Originally posted by dreadlockera

That is a great quote. Exactly the difference we have great players and a good team. They have good player and a great team. The coaches make the team the team.

Hey Dread is that you in your avatar dressed in what your wearing to the game on Sunday? :lol: Where abouts in Rochester are you? Just to let you know if you ever get bored we can get a group of us Fin Fans together and go looking for Justafan, he is supposed to be here too.

I guess we can wait until we see how the season turns out, if the Fins dont make the playoffs then watch out JAF somebdody has to pay.

Originally posted by dolphan39
For all those obsessed with next year, ask yourself, did you expect the 9-7 2002 Phins to improve to better than 11-5 in 2003 ? I personally was only expecting 11-5 -http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&find=lastposter&forumid=7 - so we c/meet my expectations

If not, then wait til our next loss to all this ridiculous speculation and criticism :nono:

As much as I am ready to give up on this seson I ahven't gotten to the point of talking about next year just yet.

For all those obsessed with next year, ask yourself, did you expect the 9-7 2002 Phins to improve to better than 11-5 in 2003 ?

Umm, actually yes I did expect better since that 9-7 team was arguably better than their play and record showed.
With Ricky Williams, "the main goal" of an improved OL, and our D, I certainly expected better and I'll bet that Wayne H. figured the same!

Dude..... It's a message board to discuss Dolphin football.
Speculation and talk is all we do here as fans......:rolleyes:

The season isn't over but the team has underachieved from the coaching staff all the way down the roster. Seeing as though we are behind the eight ball in making the playoffs right now, I don't think all of "speculating" about what may happen next year need to be scorned by you.

scorn is good word for the fact that 90% of the threads are about next year when we have 3 games left and a chance to make the playoffs with a win on MNF. Most teams, Steelers, Jets, TB, Raiders, etc. w/love to be in shoes

I hear you and get your pt.; but I was referring to putting our 8-5 record in perspective of what we expected before opening day. And how 11-5 w/b darn good - who w/have expected the Pats (especially after 31-0 opening day) to be #1 seed in AFC :hmmm:

Actually, since camp opened up, I have expected no better than what we're currently doing. I had expected us to do no better than last yr's 9-7 and possibly only 8-8 with no playoffs either way. But now if by some miracle we finish 10-6, then i guess I will have made a grave error in judgement, eh?? :lol:

As long as Wanny was running the show, I knew that this team would not succeed to a higher level.

Back
Top Bottom