For all those upset about our picks! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For all those upset about our picks!

chub

Practice Squad
Reaction score
First off I would like to say I do not think Saban is a god. I must also add though so far he is alot better than Wanny.

Saban has come into a situation where he has inherited problems. For starters the salary cap and secondly lack of draft picks.

Miami finished second last this past year and that should mean we pick high in every round yet we only picked high in the 1st 4th and 7th rounds. Want to blame someone blame Wanny and Spielman. Saban has played the hand he was dealt.

In the first three rounds Saban has chosen guys all slated as first rounders or atleast potential first rounders. They may not of necessarily filled need but I must agree they were the BPA. As for the later rounds so far they have picked guys they have scouted themselves, I know that is annoying lots of people hehehe. Saban took a corner he knows and Houck got a Olineman he knew. If you think those are bad picks you must not have faith in the coaches.

I am a huge Hockey fan and live in Calgary Alberta Canada. Last year a new coach was hired for our team, instantly he made trades and went through a draft. Most people in my hometown thought he was nuts, myself included! The Calgary Flames missed the playoffs for 7 years straight prior, this year we made it to the Stanley cup final. A non playoff team to a Championship team in one year. I dont expect Saban to do the same in a year but I have learned to cut a coach some slack.

Let Saban have a chance to prove his worth. I know people are questioning his picks as I do but he knows alot more than I do!

Has Saban made a bad pick? Today I would say yes but I hope I am just as wrong as I was last year with my hockey team..

Go Fins!

No responses?

OK guys maybe I am just an idiot lol! Well I know I am an idiot but the fact is we all find out in a few months if Saban is the man!

I think the majority of posters agree with ya Chub.

Yeah, I think we're all in agreement that the draft was good. Obviously, some of us wanted certain players in later rounds, and thats our only beef. Some people wanted us to get frye, other mcpherson, some young QB to groom. Nobodys knocking our first 3 picks though.

Wishfishin said:
I'm with ya. BTW, what's a chub? :D

It depends on what gender you are lol! SO far Saban is giving me a chub!

Just an abbreviation of my last name! Still though I will get a Chub if these guys perform well!

chub said:
It depends on what gender you are lol! SO far Saban is giving me a chub! Just an abbreviation of my last name! Still though I will get a Chub if these guys perform well!

LOL! Chubs to all! :roflmao:

chub said:
It depends on what gender you are lol! SO far Saban is giving me a chub!

Just an abbreviation of my last name! Still though I will get a Chub if these guys perform well!
:roflmao:

I think he did a good job, but whats with this BPA stuff, you have to draft for some needs. If every time you picked, the best player available was a RB, would you draft seven Rb's?

Phantom said:
I think he did a good job, but whats with this BPA stuff, you have to draft for some needs. If every time you picked, the best player available was a RB, would you draft seven Rb's?

I agree. The one thing that pisses me off is that we almost entirely went defense in the draft AND free agency while our offense is currently the cast of the Facts of Life (and Tootie left to smoke pot with Lenny Kravitz)

Aqua and Orange said:
I agree. The one thing that pisses me off is that we almost entirely went defense in the draft AND free agency while our offense is currently the cast of the Facts of Life (and Tootie left to smoke pot with Lenny Kravitz)

Gus Ferrerote
Heath Evans
Ronnie Brown
Stocker McDougal

Yep, we went almost all defense in FA and the draft......:shakeno: Maybe we have added 4 starters on offense, but lets ignore that fact.:shakeno:

Ronnie Brown will be huge for our offense, and maybe we didn't draft offense in the 2-4 rounds, but houck and linehan are just as important.

Aqua and Orange said:

is Ronnie Brown being moved to SS ? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom