For all you "We shoulda drafted Brees" people | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For all you "We shoulda drafted Brees" people

VanDolPhan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
There was a much better pick we could have made OVER 3rd corner or QB. What is one of our glaring weaknesses that has been there for a couple years now? Our outside LB's. Kendrell Bell was available :)

Heh why not add fuel to the fire? :goof: :goof:

I think we should have drafted TOM BRADY in 2000 instead of BEN KELLY. Or in 1974, we should have drafted Mike Webster in the third round before he got drafted in the fourth.

Or we could have drafted Randy Moss, and Barry Sanders, and Michael Irvin, and ruled the world. It doesn't matter. We have an awesome team......

Or we could have drafted Shannon Sharpe (wasn't he picked in like the 7th round) or a bunch of other people but we didn't so live with it. That's just the way it is. If we knew who would be great every year, we would always win the Super Bowl, but we don't and no one else does.

Thank God we didn't draft Sharpe. That's almost as bad as having Neon Sanders on your team. To much smack for my blood. I am happy to say I like our players. :D

Well, we actually may have Shannon Jr. on the team, so don't get too comfy yet......

We DID get this however:
2nd-Madison
2nd-Chambers
4th-McMichael
3rd-Taylor
5th-Thomas

It's just those 1st rounders that murder us. Yatil, Avery, Fletcher, Hill, Sammie, Overstreet, etc., etc.

That Marino guy was allright!

Real question is, would the Chargers be in better shape now if they picked up Mike Vick and a free agent RB, or Drew Brees and LaDainian Tomlinson.

I like LT. But I'm not convinced about Brees yet. I'm getting there with Vick though, he's looked damned unstoppable the past 3 games.

Or we could have drafted a punter in the first round. (This is a joke, I don't have a problem with our punter.

I think we should have drafted Jeff Garcia in the seventh round a few years ago or Kurt Warner.

Originally posted by poornate
We DID get this however:
2nd-Madison
2nd-Chambers
4th-McMichael
3rd-Taylor
5th-Thomas

It's just those 1st rounders that murder us. Yatil, Avery, Fletcher, Hill, Sammie, Overstreet, etc., etc.

That Marino guy was allright!

Good point. We missed on a few first rounders, but we made some steals late in the draft.:up:

Breck is right. This is all 20/20 hindsight. There are hits and misses and no one will know who fits into which category until after they start playing.

brees..................

no hit and miss about it. brees should have been the pic.

there is and always will be a premium on quarterbacks. that is why people give up the farm to attain them. it was horrable draft strategy by the finz.

first off, brees was considered a possible first overall pic for the draft after his senior year. he had a kind of down year [so did marino], they were just not a real good team.

many labeled him a franchise qb, some didn't, but that football. everyone has an opinion.

so when a qb that is labeled possible 1st overall talent and possible franchise qb slides to #26, YOU TAKE HIM!! expecially when your qb is jay feidler and his backup is ray lucas and cade mcnown.

it is easier to find a nickel corner and lb. i wanted brees before the draft and i wisdh we had him now.

brees is doing everything marty is asking him to do. and he has the ability to CONSISTANTLY make the big play, expecially down feild.

all in all, brees was the should have pic. that would have been smart drafting.

Considering how bad our first round picks have been, maybe it is good that we might have to give it to New Orleans. We won't have to talk about another high salary bust.

Back
Top Bottom