For all you who want a big play wr in the draft what do u think of this | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For all you who want a big play wr in the draft what do u think of this

TheAnswer385

STAY LOW RUN FREE
Reaction score
ok so what if the TB deal is made we get their 1 2nd and 3rd round picks well we draft brown in the first round and joe gibbs wants at least a 3rd for rod gardner wich is very reasonble how do u feel about that. the rod garder thing i saw on yahoo that they were still trien to trade him for at least a 3rd, not to us but just whoever.

I don't think we need him personally. I would rather let Chambers become great and have Booker and a rookie.

If we trade down with Tampa, get Barron! This draft is filled with RBs and they're all about the same outside the top 3.

well i dont think we need a wr either im was just saying that to all the pple that want edwards or williams in the 1st round wich would be a waste in my eye

Theanswer385 said:
well i dont think we need a wr either im was just saying that to all the pple that want edwards or williams in the 1st round wich would be a waste in my eye

Nobody in the top 10 is a waste based on position, only production.

williams wouldnt be a waste for us, he will be unstoppable in the red zone and he has sure hands (especially over the middle which we have lacked). edwards i believe would be a waste because we already have a better version of him in chambers. with williams, that would give us the deep threat(chambers), the posession guy (booker), and the redzone and everything in between (williams). do you all realize that this past year while he was out of football, he worked out with chris carter?? i know that it might take the pre season to get him up to speed, but who better to help him get better than a future hall of famer.

id like to see smith, but wouldn't mind trading down and taking mike williams. As a matter of fact i wouldnt mind taking mike at #2 or smith. and to hear he worked with chris carter is really a big plus. that guy has amazing work ethic.

exactly, Chris Carter probably ran the most crisp routes possible...word is that he focused a lot on the route running and getting seperation with Mike knowing that he doesnt have top speed. chris carter never had top speed, but he did have great routes and seperation. Mike even quoted in an article that the stuff CC helped him with this past year has made him a better player whether he played this season or not and that if he would have entered the draft last year it would have been a mistake because of all the things he has learned since he has been away and that he believes he will be more effective now more than ever.

i will try and pull the article if you guys want

Like I said in my other thread. I'm on the williams bandwagon. I think we can compete this year by drafting williams in the first (Oh if we traded down with tampa and got him, its a steal. He should be the #1 player in the draft) and a Qb/RB or RB/QB in the 2nd and third.

that has been my hopes since day one man.... Big Mike in the first, Campbell or Arrington in the second, or McPherson or best back available in the 3rd.

here is the quote from Mike

"Trying to go in last year's draft would have cost me throughout the season," Williams said. "I've worked on route running and separation. That's something the smarter players do, the fundamentals. That's what I learned during this year off. I wouldn't have learned that last year because I would have been learning on the go. Working with Cris Carter and having the chance to be side by side watching a Hall of Famer work out helped. I was able to emulate what he's doing. It helped me out when I got to my workouts. Now, my workouts are more smooth. I have body control that I wouldn't have had last year. I'm a lot better prepared."

here is the link if you wanna read more: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2032742&num=2

ih8brady said:
If we trade down with Tampa, get Barron! This draft is filled with RBs and they're all about the same outside the top 3.

If we trade down to 5...i think were gonna trade down again...maybe even out of the 1st round entirely...saban knows that the real talent in this draft is in the 2nd and 3rd rounds

there is no way no how we trade OUT of the first round, that is ridiculous... yea there is a lot of depth in those rounds, but that is basically saying that those rounds have better talent that that isnt true or they would be first round prospects..

Back
Top Bottom