For Every Qb That Declares, Our Odds Increase | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For Every Qb That Declares, Our Odds Increase

TrinidadDolfan

1st Team All-Pro
Reaction score
So Haskins is in, Kyler Murray too.

They were both “on the border”, declaration-wise, but now highly rated QBs in a 2019 weak class.

We have at least 3 teams above us who will likely draft QBs this year -

6 - Giants
7 - Jaguars
10 - Denver

Each of those teams will have to invest at least 2 years in their highly picked QB.

Those are 3 less teams that we should have to contend with in the 2020 QB dogfight, and those teams... along with the teams without the QB need, equate to an easier path to trading up for that franchise guy in 2020.

So... bring it on. The more declaring this year, the better our chances for stability and success for the next 15 years

(Mods, request to keep on this forum and not move to the Draft forum, please)

Last edited:
Could it be possible that the best QB class (2020) comes at a time when there is the least demand??

Might need to to trade up to #1 for Murray. Following the NFL Draft Value Chart, it would take at least this year's 1&2, next year's 1, 2, and 3. With competition from other teams, a player may have to be sacrificed.

If anyone has a flock of lamb and an altar, that might help also.

On top of the declaring QBs, you also have to factor in the fact that someone is going to sign Foles to be a starter. Bridgewater MAY be signed as a starter. Flacco and Tannehill should both be available, likely going to teams that feel they’re too far out of reach of a top QB in the draft.

Not every team in the market today for a QB will still be in the market on draft day

There are really three quarterbacks who are getting a lot of buzz in Haskins, Murray and Lock. Some are apparently comparing Lock to Carsen Wenz as a prospect. He has a dynamite arm, but was frustratingly inconsistent as well. Obviously, he didn't have the talent at Missouri that Haskins had at Ohio State or Murray at Oklahoma.

The bottom line is how Miami feels about any of these quarterbacks. If they think one of them can be elite or top 10 caliber in the NFL, then moving up has to be a priority. I know a lot of fans are looking toward 2020, but you just never know. Maybe Miami ends up just "good enough" to miss on some of those top quarterbacks.

Part of me would love to see Miami go defensive line in both the first and second rounds of the draft since that is where the talent is this year. Plus, that's a huge weakness for the Dolphins. But getting the qb has to be the top priority if the team is convinced on one of them.

we need draft qb this yr and if it don't work draft another one in 2021...dt and de are not as high as qb...they are easier to get. weather u agree or not still will need to do patch work. if you draft 7 players 3 might be good. the rest will need time.

Might need to to trade up to #1 for Murray. Following the NFL Draft Value Chart, it would take at least this year's 1&2, next year's 1, 2, and 3. With competition from other teams, a player may have to be sacrificed.

If anyone has a flock of lamb and an altar, that might help also.

I don't draft Murray unless he makes it to 4 or 5. He's not the player you trade to 1 for.

we need draft qb this yr and if it don't work draft another one in 2021...dt and de are not as high as qb...they are easier to get. weather u agree or not still will need to do patch work. if you draft 7 players 3 might be good. the rest will need time.

what does weather have to do with it?

My QB strategy:
If Murray available #8- start trying to move up with a Rd3 pick.
If not - fine. Too expensive.

If The Schtick available top Rd3. Move up and give up a 5th Rd.

Build the lines - clear out the waste. Bye bye Kiko Branch Quinn.
FA Targets: Grady Jarrett DT and Either the Denver or KC Center.

I would only draft Murray if he falls to the 3rd round. I don’t see him being a long term QB in the NFL.

My QB strategy:
If Murray available #8- start trying to move up with a Rd3 pick.

If The Schtick available top Rd3. Move up and give up a 5th Rd.

Build the lines - clear out the waste. Bye bye Kiko Branch Quinn.
FA Targets: Grady Jarrett DT and Either the Denver or KC Center.

Grady Jarrett is probably going to get the tag from Atlanta if they cant resign him sadly

I hope 3 QB's will go top 10 this year but for a different reason. That'd push some very good players down to us at 13.........then again Grier is doing the drafting so we might end up wasting the pick anyway.

Back
Top Bottom