For Or Against The Tank ..with Poll. | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For Or Against The Tank ..with Poll.

For or against the Tank ?

• For Tanking

Votes: 115 62.8%
  • Against the Tank

Votes: 54 29.5%
  • Undecided Yet

Votes: 14 7.7%

• Total voters
It was a general question. I wasn't putting it on you.
I think Tua is an elite prospect and the only elite prospect in the class. I wasn't big on Herbert this year and Fromm just looks pretty good. I'd put them in the same block as Haskins and Lock. I think if we ended up with one of those, we've done ourselves a disservice by being garbage for a year and just ending up with that.

I'd want a Mayfield, a Murray, or a Tua if I'm going to watch pure garbage all year, not the B tier.

You are aware that we're probably going to be the least talented team in the NFL next season, yes? We aren't going to have to "try" very hard to end up at the bottom of the food chain.

We probably (key word) will but for all anyone knows we are going to have a banner draft and be able to put a much better team than expected on the field. What are the odds? Not great.

And we're not going to "try" at all to end up at the bottom of the food chain. Anyone who believes otherwise has never been in a head to head collision with a 6'4 280 Lbs, never has strapped on pads, never has shared a locker room with a band of brothers.

It's not that hard. Don't sign Fitzpatrick, who is an aging veteran who isn't going to be part of your franchise long term, to play QB when you could get by through starting a young guy and maybe finding yourself a backup QB to your eventual starter.

This "we'd have to try to lose" thing is nonsense and I don't know why it keeps getting thrown around. You think the only time a team ends up with the worst record is because they tried to lose?

You are aware that we're probably going to be the least talented team in the NFL next season, yes? We aren't going to have to "try" very hard to end up at the bottom of the food chain.
They already signed Fitz. So move on already. Should have been a huge eye opener, that they are going to try to win as many games as possible. Which is what they are supposed to do.

No, i'm not aware miami will be the least talented team, before the draft has even happened. Fix the oline and dline, and miami is far from the worst.

We probably (key word) will but for all anyone knows we are going to have a banner draft and be able to put a much better team than expected on the field. What are the odds? Not great.

And we're not going to "try" at all to end up at the bottom of the food chain. Anyone who believes otherwise has never been in a head to head collision with a 6'4 280 Lbs, never has strapped on pads, never has shared a locker room with a band of brothers.
I'm well aware, but people have this misconception that tanking goes down to a coach/player level. It never does. It's on the GM. You can try super hard all you want, but if you don't have the ammo on the team it doesn't matter.

I think Tua is an elite prospect and the only elite prospect in the class. I wasn't big on Herbert this year and Fromm just looks pretty good. I'd put them in the same block as Haskins and Lock. I think if we ended up with one of those, we've done ourselves a disservice by being garbage for a year and just ending up with that.

I'd want a Mayfield, a Murray, or a Tua if I'm going to watch pure garbage all year, not the B tier.

But we don't know what tier we'll be drafting from. Who knows what a Tua coming out of the greatest school in the history of college will become at the next level.

I understand you want to play the odds. Who the heck doesn't? Im with you there.

I'm well aware, but people have this misconception that tanking goes down to a coach/player level. It never does. It's on the GM. You can try super hard all you want, but if you don't have the ammo on the team it doesn't matter.
So you want the GM to TRY and put crap talent out there. and then when miami drafts number 1, he's surrounded by crap? Good god...

Very true. And if we're going by what we've done/are doing in the front office, it certainly seems like a tank. But seeing as tanking doesn't exist and rebuilding does...

Very true. And if we're going by what we've done/are doing in the front office, it certainly seems like a tank. But seeing as tanking doesn't exist and rebuilding does...
They're just synonyms. One pisses people off and the other doesn't which is just amusing to me.

People have been watching horrible Dolphin teams for the last 20 years. I'm not sure why so many people are against winning 2 games instead of 7 in order to give yourself the best chance to be better the following year.

The goal is to win the SUPER BOWL, but the Dolphins have been so pathetic that they've beaten down fan expectations to a point where their peak excitement is to squeak into the playoffs as a wild card team... constantly searching for that one missing piece in free agency that's going to put them over the top so they get destroyed against teams like New England when it matters.

Yes

lol...
de·lu·sion
/dəˈlo͞oZHən/
noun
plural noun: delusions
  1. an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument, typically a symptom of mental disorder.
I hope your psyche doesn't crash when the team ends up winning 3 games.

Yes, because a number 1 pick guarantees success for many years to come. There have never been a bust. So what, it only costs one season, right? Wrong.

de·lu·sion
/dəˈlo͞oZHən/
noun
plural noun: delusions
  1. an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument, typically a symptom of mental disorder.
I hope your psyche doesn't crash when the team ends up winning 3 games.
Thanks webster!

So what does signing Fitz mean to you? Obviously not tanking...So...maybe that means they are going to try to win some games? Yes? What's your next word you are trying to learn?

They're just synonyms. One pisses people off and the other doesn't which is just amusing to me.

People have been watching horrible Dolphin teams for the last 20 years. I'm not sure why so many people are against winning 2 games instead of 7 in order to give yourself the best chance to be better the following year.

The goal is to win the SUPER BOWL, but the Dolphins have been so pathetic that they've beaten down fan expectations to a point where their peak excitement is to squeak into the playoffs as a wild card team... constantly searching for that one missing piece in free agency that's going to put them over the top so they get destroyed against teams like New England when it matters.

They are from synonyms, brother. Far, far, far from synonyms.

We are against losing because it's just the fight or flight thing of nature. My first reaction, even at my own peril, has been to fight. These guys, being much tougher competitors than I will ever be, are going to fight. Because that's what a warrior does. He fights to win. He fights to be the best.

The end game is the ring, ofcourse. In order to get there you have to win as cliche as it is, one game at a time. That is the goal. Win this inch. Win this snap. Win this quarter. Get better. Every day get better. Every practice get better. Losing games does not help that culture. It doesn't help moral. And it certainly doesn't guarantee a franchise QB.

They are from synonyms, brother. Far, far, far from synonyms.

We are against losing because it's just the fight or flight thing of nature. My first reaction, even at my own peril, has been to fight. These guys, being much tougher competitors than I will ever be, are going to fight. Because that's what a warrior does. He fights to win. He fights to be the best.

The end game is the ring, ofcourse. In order to get there you have to win as cliche as it is, one game at a time. That is the goal. Win this inch. Win this snap. Win this quarter. Get better. Every day get better. Every practice get better. Losing games does not help that culture. It doesn't help moral. And it certainly doesn't guarantee a franchise QB.
Welp, we've solved it. All we need to do is to draft or sign anybody who tries really, really hard.

When we have a team full of Rudys, we'll be back to the Super Bowl in no time!

Ruuuuudy! Ruuuuudy! Ruuuuudy!

Back
Top Bottom