For Or Against The Tank ..with Poll. | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For Or Against The Tank ..with Poll.

For or against the Tank ?

• For Tanking

Votes: 115 62.8%
  • Against the Tank

Votes: 54 29.5%
  • Undecided Yet

Votes: 14 7.7%

• Total voters
If you were ever a athlete you would realize that winning creates confidence in whatever system you were participating in creating more success. When you loose it works the exact opposite and takes much longer to regain winning ways. This is a dangerous experiment for the phins imo.

If you were ever a athlete you would realize that winning creates confidence in whatever system you were participating in creating more success. When you loose it works the exact opposite and takes much longer to regain winning ways. This is a dangerous experiment for the phins imo.
How's that winning culture working out for the franchise for the last 2 decades?
Can you break something that doesn't exist?

You know what breeds a winning culture? Confidence that you can ACTUALLY win. Do you think the Browns are going to have trouble winning games this year because they were completely terrible 2 years ago and before that? Why are the Cavs so bad in the NBA right now when they've been to the Finals 4 years straight? Shouldn't that winning culture have given them more results?

This is all just hyperbole. Get good players. Get good coaches. Win games. It isn't that hard

lol @ using NBA to prove your point on the NFL
"If you were ever a athlete you would realize that winning creates confidence in whatever system you were participating in..."

But thanks for letting me know that this kind of rhetoric only works in one sport and not others because... Yeah, there's no because.

How's that winning culture working out for the franchise for the last 2 decades?
Can you break something that doesn't exist?

You know what breeds a winning culture? Confidence that you can ACTUALLY win. Do you think the Browns are going to have trouble winning games this year because they were completely terrible 2 years ago and before that? Why are the Cavs so bad in the NBA right now when they've been to the Finals 4 years straight? Shouldn't that winning culture have given them more results?

This is all just hyperbole. Get good players. Get good coaches. Win games. It isn't that hard

Yes it is that hard. The Browns have been the bottom of the barrel NFL team for the past 10 years. They have had picks in the top 5 of the draft during those tanking years and have had squat to show for it. The only area I agree in your statement is a great coach and GM make the difference. PS The Browns are not back on top yet and if they win 10 games this year it will be considered the most successful season in these past 10 years. If that's the case then the phins have been successful because of our 10 win seasons.

Of course if your happy gambling on a possible 10 year turn around who am I to rain on your parade. Loosing breeds more loosing.

Yes it is that hard. The Browns have been the bottom of the barrel NFL team for the past 10 years. They have had picks in the top 5 of the draft during those tanking years and have had squat to show for it. The only area I agree in your statement is a great coach and GM make the difference. PS The Browns are not back on top yet and if they win 10 games this year it will be considered the most successful season in these past 10 years. If that's the case then the phins have been successful because of our 10 win seasons.

Of course if your happy gambling on a possible 10 year turn around who am I to rain on your parade. Loosing breeds more loosing.
They spent 10 years cheaping out on QBs, drafting them in the 20s with all their terrible records and continued to stay terrible.

The first season they actually took a QB high, they hit on him and now they're the favorites in their division this year. And guess what? They'll be the favorites next year too. That's what an elite QB does for you.

I'm for stopping the big money free agent signings and pretending we're 1-2 players away from competing like when we signed Suh. I'm for stopping putting a bandaid on long term problems like when we signed a 32 year old Sitton. I'm for fixing the cap by getting rid of bloated contracts. If that's called tanking than tank away.

Big-Windy-670x446.jpg
Wow, those are some pretty big guns on your tank! It's almost like Miami is a Mortal Engine!

The most important ingredient is to get a great head coach. We just brought in Flores, and I'm willing to see if he is that answer we need. Other than Don Shula, we've never really had much success long-term. But we had Don Shula for a long time, and honestly, that's still how I think of the Miami Dolphins--consistently dominant and consistently with a great offense. I'm ready for another great QB … and if tanking brings it, so be it.

None of us can control what the Dolphins do, we can only express opinions. I'm ready to embrace the tank.

They spent 10 years cheaping out on QBs, drafting them in the 20s with all their terrible records and continued to stay terrible.

The first season they actually took a QB high, they hit on him and now they're the favorites in their division this year. And guess what? They'll be the favorites next year too. That's what an elite QB does for you.
In comparison they have Laundry and a host of other players many very high draft picks to help Mayfield out. We have squat other than a bunch of middle round draft picks next year. So the situations are very different. There have been a ton of first round QBs not make it over the years. Again the coach and GM are the real talent you need on your franchise. Rizzi was a talent we let walk which if your really building a winner you just don't do. Sure I can buy the excuse he fdidn' want to be here but at a price money wise he probably would have stayed. Not a good move by us.

In comparison they have Laundry and a host of other players many very high draft picks to help Mayfield out. We have squat other than a bunch of middle round draft picks next year. So the situations are very different. There have been a ton of first round QBs not make it over the years. Again the coach and GM are the real talent you need on your franchise. Rizzi was a talent we let walk which if your really building a winner you just don't do. Sure I can buy the excuse he fdidn' want to be here but at a price money wise he probably would have stayed. Not a good move by us.
If Rizzi walked away because he didn't get the HC job then I have no problem watching the door hit him in the azz on the way out.
What makes him think he should have been hired just because he worked with the team.

"If you were ever a athlete you would realize that winning creates confidence in whatever system you were participating in..."

But thanks for letting me know that this kind of rhetoric only works in one sport and not others because... Yeah, there's no because.
You are killing it on here. You are so right. Keep it up. It keeps me from having to argue with all this rah rah nonsense I keep reading on here about how this team has to win 5 games instead of 2 because of "winning culture".

if a team intentionally tank, then how is it supposed to be better the second year? I never liked the idea of tanking because football is very physical and injuries can happen very quickly when the effort isn't there. I want to win at any cost because it builds character throughout the team, and it attracts free agents that don't mind being here. Hell no to tanking for any QB that's in college because there is no guarantee that they're going to pan out.

if a team intentionally tank, then how is it supposed to be better the second year? I never liked the idea of tanking because football is very physical and injuries can happen very quickly when the effort isn't there. I want to win at any cost because it builds character throughout the team, and it attracts free agents that don't mind being here. Hell no to tanking for any QB that's in college because there is no guarantee that they're going to pan out.
What you guys that are "win at all costs" don't seem to understand is that no one who is for getting the number one pick in next year's draft don't expect the players not to play as hard as they can and want to win. What we want is the Dolphins to lose organically because of organizational decisions made by the owner and gm in order to be in the best position to finally resolve the most important position in all of sports. Short term pain for long term gain.

Tanking can be done without getting anyone hurt.
Coachs calling bad plays, assignment,clock management ,bad challengs , sitting players with minor injuries , trading away good players and the list goes on.
You don't have to jeopardize players health or attitude to tank.

Back
Top Bottom