For People That Want Us To Draft Baker | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For People That Want Us To Draft Baker

Yeah, I'm calling bull excrement on this little barb.

There are more who have actually stated that they are "done with this team" until Tannehill and Gase are gone.

Lol I didn't even notice that quote. The closest I've ever seen to that being said around here is "if Tannehill goes to X he'll light it up and everybody will regret it" which isn't the same thing.

I really like Baker Mayfield.

But every time I see him all I see is how Clemson dominated him and that RPO lead offense to a beat down.

34-17, and it wasn’t even that close.

That gave showed some red flags. Give an elite defensive coach time to game plan him and he crumbled to Clemson’s pressure.

I think he has red flags. While his production is on Wilson, Mariota, Newton level, he does not have the athleticism of the others to overcome pocket issues, high sacks and playing under pressure.

Another red flag is the shear numbers, 70% completions, 43 TDs, 6 ints, does not figure to translate to NFL passing production. There is something systemic, fishy about the numbers.

And, the nonprototypical frame, as well as off and on the field antics.

There are some red flags there that would prevent me from drafting him, and I would be okay if our division rivals took on that challenge.
Respectfully Largo, you cannot have watched this guy play. He looks like RUSSELL WILSON Part II. I'd take a chance on that all day, every day. I don't think we have to put any real thought into this though, as he'll most assuredly will be gone (Jets, Broncos or Bills) before #11. JMO of course.

Respectfully Largo, you cannot have watched this guy play. He looks like RUSSELL WILSON Part II. I'd take a chance on that all day, every day. I don't think we have to put any real thought into this though, as he'll most assuredly will be gone (Jets, Broncos or Bills) before #11. JMO of course.

Wilson is way faster and quicker.

Mayfield tested really slow at the combine, but that doesn’t matter much to me.

Mayfield is the best QB in the draft. That being said we have other serious needs. I won't be mad either way. Just make the dam team better.

Wilson is way faster and quicker.

Mayfield tested really slow at the combine, but that doesn’t matter much to me.
I'm more thinking about their pocket presence/escapibility. IDK about being 'way quicker'. Didn't see their 40's. MAYFIELD just looks like WILSON reincarnated to me. Both use their legs to allow more time to scan the field. A trait I feel is a must for todays NFL QBs.

Lol I didn't even notice that quote. The closest I've ever seen to that being said around here is "if Tannehill goes to X he'll light it up and everybody will regret it" which isn't the same thing.

Yep. That is indeed my biggest concern. That the Fins will have suffered through his progression and injury, then trade/release him, and he'll go to a team like Denver, Arizona, NE, etc, and just have me banging my head against my desk.

the thing yall gotta remember, the ones that say, GB drafted Rodgers when they had favre, NE always drafts a QB high even with Brady, KC drafted Mahomes when they had Alex Smith. THese were all good/great teams that our burning the pick on QB, they have that luxury because they know its a flippable commodity on top of a good insurance policy, whether you flip the current starter for something, or the draft pick a couple years later for something. If you are a good young player who has shined in spot duty or preseason, you are not going to depreciate in value sitting on the bench backing up a great player. I just don't see the fins as having the luxury to buy high on a QB this season that has any red flags

?? We won't know if he "fails to reach top ten level this year" (if past history is any indication he won't) until the draft is long gone so the decision to take an alt. will have to be made way before that.....

And Mayfield may be the only QB of the top candidates who drops to #11 and will be there for the taking. In no way should we try to move up to get him but if he's there it would be hard to say to pass. Drafting QBs has always been an inexact science...but sometimes you have to take the chance. If it works out then great, if not then we're stuck bashing ourselves and lamenting that we got a bust.....but, being Dolphins fans we're used to it (and if you're gonna swing and miss on your 1st round pick, QB is the position to do it). Maybe the Jest will take him and one of the others will drop (all the better I say but we're not that lucky).

I agree...my point was we need to draft a QB this year...if one doesn’t fall to us early...we should target one at some point.

Deep QB draft.

I want a plan B....that simple...I like Ryan, but reality is we’re entering year 8.

If he fails to reach top ten level this year, we should grab an alternative this year.

I dont care if he is 32nd as long as we win the f-ing SB!!

the thing yall gotta remember, the ones that say, GB drafted Rodgers when they had favre, NE always drafts a QB high even with Brady, KC drafted Mahomes when they had Alex Smith. THese were all good/great teams that our burning the pick on QB, they have that luxury because they know its a flippable commodity on top of a good insurance policy, whether you flip the current starter for something, or the draft pick a couple years later for something. If you are a good young player who has shined in spot duty or preseason, you are not going to depreciate in value sitting on the bench backing up a great player. I just don't see the fins as having the luxury to buy high on a QB this season that has any red flags
what does dolphins have to lose we have not been to superbowl in 32 yr,,,, I don't see thill17 take dolphins too sb at all. if you are trying be 7 to 9 win a yr. we should keep thill17. if u want try and win sb. I think if any of these top qb are on board when we pick. we should take chance.

The QB in college I want is Frohm ,the kid from Georgia . Do what ever we need to do. He is the guy I want for qb for the next 10 yrs. If we can tradeout at 11 and get picks for next year we do it

I love me some Jerome Baker. Excellent value in the third if we go, say, Derwin James in the first and Dallas Goedert in the second. Thats how you land three starters in this draft.

The QB in college I want is Frohm ,the kid from Georgia . Do what ever we need to do. He is the guy I want for qb for the next 10 yrs. If we can tradeout at 11 and get picks for next year we do it
I agree but he's just going into his sophomore season in 2018. Strong candidate for #1 overall in 2020. I like him better than any other current college QB, though that true fresh at Clemson is built like ****ing Jimmy Graham with a rifle of an arm. While on topic, I hate FSU but I think Francois is extremely underrated and I see an NFL QB if healthy.

Back
Top Bottom