For serious Dolphin Fans. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For serious Dolphin Fans.

What a ridiculous post. If we draft Tua and he sucks, should he call you out on how wrong you were every time you post? The religious allegiance to Tua on this site is breathtaking.
Do you seriously think that’s not going to happen? After all these posts, there will be posts like these when the time comes. I’ll own up if Tua sucks

That's pretty dismissive of Burrow to prop up Tua, no?

No. Just pointing out that all the negatives cited by Tua naysayers (that in turn prop up Joe Burrow) also apply to Burrow. That was the point.

I've not been one to jump into threads topics about Joe Burrow to criticize or dismiss him. I've only pointed out the hypocrisy in a couple threads now.

Is it wrong to see talent in both prospects?

Of course not. My answer above also applies here.

That said, I'm not in on any QB not named Tua Tagovailoa. But that's just me. And I'm not a Bama homer either. I'm a Buckeyes fan like you.

He's not so inexperienced either, based on my ability to add successive numbers in a column together, it appears Burrow has more career pass attempts to assess than Tua does.

I said that Tua has a phenomenal season under his belt. He also showed he could step up in the biggest of games when he led the Tide to a 2nd half comeback in the title game the season before.

At this moment in time, Burrow doesn't have either. His 2018 season was mediocre. And he's still in the midst of his 1st phenomenal season, which could still go either way. That was my point. Not which QB has more pass attempts.

Despite more pass attempts, Burrow is the less vetted and accomplished QB. They both have more to prove. But Burrow has a bit more to prove IMO.

Joe played well at Ohio State in limited duty but was never going to unseat JT Barrett in an Urban Meyer ran spread offense. He didn't fit there so I am not sure why he went there in the place. If were interviewing him at the combine, my first question would be why did you want to play for Urban Meyer? I say this as an Ohio State fan, I am pretty peeved we stuck with Barrett.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I'm also a Buckeyes fan and have watched every game for years and years. I also watch Spring games and such. I was never much impressed by Burrow in all that time.

I do understand your feeling about JT Barrett, but still don't believe Burrow was ever the answer. I don't think Burrow was ready or better than Barrett in 2016 and Haskins was the better player in 2017 and 2018.

Not sure what you mean, just to reiterate imo this team is playing with backups except for maybe two or three position, Raeqwon, Baker, Godchaux, two of those are part time..

I think if the team can continue to be competitive in games that’s a serious endorsement for the head coach..

I surely don’t expect wins with this roster..that would be far fetched when your are going against teams that have NFL rosters that were not gutted to the core.

Please don't misunderstand me. I'm all for a competitive team. For a team to be competitive, they need to present a credible threat to win by the end of the game. I haven't seen this yet from this team. The 2016 team did display this attribute.

This team may not be competitive this year, even with the isolated areas of improvement it has shown. If it does, I will be very happy, but I just don't see it happening yet.

Please don't misunderstand me. I'm all for a competitive team. For a team to be competitive, they need to present a credible threat to win by the end of the game. I haven't seen this yet from this team. The 2016 team did display this attribute.

This team may not be competitive this year, even with the isolated areas of improvement it has shown. If it does, I will be very happy, but I just don't see it happening yet.
Yeah I agree, it’s tough to compete for 60 mins with basically 20-22 backups as starters

Take an enormous tank effort?

It seems to me to be very presumptuous to assume we are so good that we would have to hold back to lose!
Well Ray...the Jets suck.

I'm so happy with this win. Go Fins baby. Congratulations Coach Flores.

Back
Top Bottom