For serious Dolphin Fans. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For serious Dolphin Fans.

Watching some of those Lincoln Reilly play designs takes me back to being in the huddle and drawing up plays in the dirt with our fingers when we played on the corner dirt lot.

Don't let that offense fool you and how good it can make a QB look like something he's not.

Exactly! I wouldn’t draft a QB out of that system

Yeah, also from Jersey, and losing to the Jets can't happen...ever.

images.jpeg-1.jpg

**** the Jets!

I'll say this several times over the course of the week, and as often as I'd like for the rest of my life. :up:

Yes, More then you do. I seen every Alabama game this year , and the WR,s are Wide open. Not going to be the case in the pro,s. He also misses wide open WR,s. He ain't all that. Numbers is why you think so highly . Watch him. You'll see what I mean.

What's interesting is that I don't even watch much NFL football - but when I do I see WR's running wide open all the time. Especially against the Dolphins.

:lol:

I was on the Tank wagon , but I'm officially getting off. I just cant accept a Jets Lose. I'm actually hoping Miami kicks the hell out of them. I'm going to be very disappointed if we lose. It's just the history. I grow up in Jersey, and I hate the Jets like no other. Sorry guys but I'm getting off the Tank , and I'm going to blow up some Jets now. Who's in

i still always root for a win and try to then convince myself after the game that a loss is better

"....remain competitive..."

Is this a bit of hyperbole?
Not sure what you mean, just to reiterate imo this team is playing with backups except for maybe two or three position, Raeqwon, Baker, Godchaux, two of those are part time..

I think if the team can continue to be competitive in games that’s a serious endorsement for the head coach..

I surely don’t expect wins with this roster..that would be far fetched when your are going against teams that have NFL rosters that were not gutted to the core.

A guy with no real track record before this season. His 2018 season was mediocre. An unproven Johnny Comelately that couldn’t beat out his competition at the Ohio State.

I laugh at those that dismiss Tua for the myriad of reasons they come up with yet back that up by wanting a player that showed nothing before this season.

All of the reasons the naysayers use against Tua can be used against Burrow too — except that Burrow has never stepped up in a National title game and make plays for an entire 2nd half that led his team to a win.

Burrow suffered a broken bone in his throwing hand in practice that required surgery. Yet Tua gets hurt in an actual game and it’s somehow used against him. Burrow has a ton of talent surrounding him at LSU, yet only Tua gets knocked for the same.

I have no problem with fans not being sold on Tua. But to double down with Joe Burrow who has even more question marks is beyond disingenuous.
Testify brother! I feel your pain. Win championships, put up ridiculous stats, demonstrate accuracy, timing, mobility, pocket awareness, and get dismissed for someone who hasn’t done that over a three year period. It’s nincompoopery I say!

Exactly! I wouldn’t draft a QB out of that system
I would of taken Kyler Murray #1 jmo..

Same with Pat Mahomes with that system.

I think it’s a big mistake when you pass on players because of systems, past failures, or not prototypical.

I'm curious about that Tanking thing....

Is it like a 'get Out of Jail card'?

Can it only be used once?

I mean, what if they want the top pick in the 2021 draft?

Or, what if they lose their first 5 games next season...

Can they use that Tanking card again?

I hate to get all serious again but...

once the integrity of the game has been flushed down the toilet, there is no getting it back again.

A guy with no real track record before this season. His 2018 season was mediocre. An unproven Johnny Comelately that couldn’t beat out his competition at the Ohio State.

That's pretty dismissive of Burrow to prop up Tua, no? Joe played well at Ohio State in limited duty but was never going to unseat JT Barrett in an Urban Meyer ran spread offense. He didn't fit there so I am not sure why he went there in the place. If were interviewing him at the combine, my first question would be why did you want to play for Urban Meyer? I say this as an Ohio State fan, I am pretty peeved we stuck with Barrett.

He's not so inexperienced either, based on my ability to add successive numbers in a column together, it appears Burrow has more career pass attempts to assess than Tua does.

Is it wrong to see talent in both prospects?

I think it's ok to acknowledge that Tua has long been considered the top prospect and rightfully so but also that Joe Burrow's season is eye popping and has been an extension of the things he started to accomplish last year.

The questions get answered on the field starting November 9th so I am not going to sweat it now and declare that I'm all in on one player only set myself up for possible disappointment.

I'll root for one or the other to be a complete failure in the NFL, once the dust has settled.

Last edited:
I'm curious about that Tanking thing....

Is it like a 'get Out of Jail card'?

Can it only be used once?

I mean, what if they want the top pick in the 2021 draft?

Or, what if they lose their first 5 games next season...

Can they use that Tanking card again?

I hate to get all serious again but...

once the integrity of the game has been flushed down the toilet, there is no getting it back again.

Well at the end of the day these are human beings making decisions, that want to keep getting paid their salaries. Jobs factor back into the equation next year.

Flores and Grier can't survive a 2nd season of no results.

I don't think it will be an issue as the team appears capable of putting up a fight when completely devoid of talent. I'm excited to see what this staff can do with some real players.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom