For the Chase naysayers | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For the Chase naysayers

Gotta love illegal hits. :lol:

Pitts came back and dominated Alabama.

Again, this isn't about college, bro. :rolleyes:

Smitty didn't have to come back. He just dominated Florida and everybody else while Pitts was sitting on his couch reading mock drafts.

Anybody can get injured. I covered this last year with the Burrow Brigade all piling on Tua. Size has nothing to do with injury. Nothing.

There's no guarantee Smitty will stay healthy at 6'1" and 170lbs..nothing is guaranteed.
Most NFL injuries tend to be tendons and ligaments and those are more common in heavier guys then in lighter guys. While there is no guarantee anybody in the NFL will stay healthy, there is no statistical evidence that Smith is more likely to be injured than Chase or any other player.

I often see people say things like, "you can't teach speed, but you can teach technique", but reality is not everybody can learn technique. I'm not saying Chase can't, but I am saying that when a guy has great technique then that's a skill onto itself. People want to undersell great technique as if it's something everybody can learn but history has shown us that's simply not true. Chase is a great WR prospect and there are many things he's great at, but there's no guarantee he'll ever be great at beating press.
Understood...I feel a highly athletic and coordinated player can get his body into position to execute technique but I’m sure will, intellect,heart and desire factor in.

Again this thread is about Chase

The Smith / Pitts stuff is being discussed here

Again this thread is about Chase

The Smith / Pitts stuff is being discussed here

Chase is the topic here incase you just joined us

This is not the 80's.......drafting sewell at 6 would be dumb. You need big time playmakers these years to win big in the NFL. Not saying the O-line doesn't matter because it does. But we've invested enough in it and you need to let them develop together. As for skill positions, we need to add at least two players but really 3 would be the ideal(including RB)
I don’t disagree with you...I was only speculating on why they possibly “might” think that way...possibly trying to duplicate the Alabama offense.

Back
Top Bottom