For the Chase naysayers | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For the Chase naysayers

Don’t forget Waddle. He was the #1 WR for Alabama before breaking his ankle. I would be happy with any of the three WR’s or Pitts at 6. I would also be okay with Sewell, even though the Dolphins taking Sewell at 6 would infuriate a large percentage of the posters on Finheaven.

With QB’s going 1-3, I have no doubt the Dolphins will end up with an elite player at 6.
I was just about to post this exact thing. Waddle is rated above Smith on every board.
Waddle brings something really good and that is being a dangerous return man with Tyreek Hill speed.

If Chase would have been able to legally declare for the draft last year, he would have been the first WR taken...

He just ran ran faster than most thought he'd run.

He's adept at getting open, and when he's not, he wins contested throws at the highest rate around.

Fact. Fact. Fact.

Those that prefer Smithy are Alabumble fans.

Fact.

If Chase would have been able to legally declare for the draft last year, he would have been the first WR taken...

He's adept at getting open, and when he's not, he wins contested throws at the highest rate around.

Fact. Fact. Fact.

Fact.
Preach

So if Miami did go with Chase instead of Waddle in the draft, would a Devante Parker for the Bears' Anthony Miller make sense? Chase and Fuller on the outside with Miller in the slot and Gesicki at tight end might be a good starting unit. You could still have Preston Williams, Robert Foster and either Bowden or Albert Wilson as your reserves. You could even replace Foster with a late round wr prospect or fill that role in the mid rounds of the 2022 draft. Would love to keep Parker around, but if you drafted Chase and signed Fuller in free agency to play outside, Miller would make for a nice young slot option with that pair.

Last edited:

Fact. Fact. Fact.

Fact.
I agree. Not tying to hurt any bony fanboy feelings -- just hope stick man is OFF our draft board.

The kid is just hiding way too much -- including prior deep bone bruises.

He got away with flag football at 'bama but that won't happen in the Pros.

Also in the same article it says this about Smith, "Smith's consistent route running and ability to earn separation give him the highest projected floor and ceiling in this class of wideouts. The Heisman Trophy winner had the highest percentage of receptions in which he had more than 3 feet of separation at the time of the catch despite a defender being within 3 feet of him on the path of the route. This advantage carries over into yards after the catch; Smith's ability to increase his speed once he had the ball in his hands was the third-best in the FBS this season. Pro Football Focus measured him as the most effective receiver against press coverage across the board in 2020, with Smith leading the FBS in receptions (65), receiving yards (1,144) and TDs (13) against press." I feel the Dolphins can't really go wrong with any of the top 4 receivers (this includes Pitts)
You also have to take into consideration Chase didn't play. I think he would of put up better numbers than in 2019 and better numbers than Smith. We have to remember that Smith benefited from Waddle being injured. Chase put up those Numbers with Jefferson on his team

You also have to take into consideration Chase didn't play. I think he would of put up better numbers than in 2019 and better numbers than Smith. We have to remember that Smith benefited from Waddle being injured. Chase put up those Numbers with Jefferson on his team

Would he? No Burrow throwing him the ball..Different OC, Jefferson in the NFL etc

Some have said that's the reason he opted out. He didn't want to hurt his draft value.

Everyone is going to debate who is the best WR of the 3, pick apart each guys weaknesses, etc.
Reality is Smith is the best WR of the 3. His production on the field and skills are the best. No one in the last 20 years was as dynamic as Smith was this year.
But his size and weight is an issue with everyone and makes him the biggest risk to draft.
Will the Fins gamble on him?

Back
Top Bottom