For the Chase naysayers | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For the Chase naysayers

This is not the 80's.......drafting sewell at 6 would be dumb. You need big time playmakers these years to win big in the NFL. Not saying the O-line doesn't matter because it does. But we've invested enough in it and you need to let them develop together. As for skill positions, we need to add at least two players but really 3 would be the ideal(including RB)
There are some really solid O-Linemen and even WR's that will be available later in the draft, after pick #6. 2nd and 3rd rounds and even later in the 1st, if you don't wanna wait.

There's only one Pitts. One reason I love him so much as player for us or anyone, really. But I hope it's the Dolphins. 🤞

I would assume...but it’s occurred to me lately that it’s at least a possible strategy that they may have in mind an overpowering line and running game to enable Tua to be more successful.....Sewell and Najee Harris in round one would a nice start with Creed Humphrey at 36...a wideout at 50.

I’ve made clear Pitts is my choice followed by Chase...I’m just thinking about what they might be thinking

I really don't think Miami made those trades with the intentions of banking on Pitts and Chase being there at 6. They def have multiple people on their board at 6 and i'm they're not all receiving options. I want Pitts or Chase at 6 just like everybody else but it still wouldn't be a bad thing if we end up taking Sewell. Miami's offense should be better regardless if we draft one of the top receiving options or Sewell (who's the best O-Line prospect in the draft)...

Either load up on the weapons or load up on a bunch of high end lineman prospects for Tua. Drafting two Tackles in the first round, then a tackle/guard in the second round, and a guard in the fourth round in two drafts could be huge for our future.

This is not the 80's.......drafting sewell at 6 would be dumb. You need big time playmakers these years to win big in the NFL. Not saying the O-line doesn't matter because it does. But we've invested enough in it and you need to let them develop together. As for skill positions, we need to add at least two players but really 3 would be the ideal(including RB)
I don't understand how drafting two potential franchise OT in back to back drafts to protect Tua would be dumb... Especially considering this draft is full of interior linemen and slot receivers that could be drafted in round 2... Makes zero sense to me....

And what happens with near certainity when Parker, Williams, Grant,Albert, and Fuller miss time during the season?
Elijah Moore or Rondale Moore would just step in then. They may not be one of the top 4 receiving options in this draft but they both play the slot which is our biggest receiving need and they both have a lot of potential. Plus Tua should have more time to throw the ball if that happened as well since we decided to draft the best OT prospect.

I don't understand how drafting two potential franchise OT in back to back drafts to protect Tua would be dumb... Especially considering this draft is full of interior linemen and slot receivers that could be drafted in round 2... Makes zero sense to me....
Yes..but it has plenty of not only interior linemen in the 2nd or 3rd round but guys that can be T/OG and C in those rounds or later at pick #18, as well! Deep at WR and O-Line, in general! Very!

Yes..but it has plenty of not only interior linemen in the 2nd or 3rd round but guys that can be T/OG and C in those rounds or later at pick #18, as well! Deep at WR and O-Line, in general! Very!
I def agree and that's big time for us considering on what our team needs are! The QB run in the draft is what's gonna end up pushing all that talent to be drafted later. I can see either Smith or Waddle falling a bit outside of the top 10 depending on the QBs drafted too which could be something to keep an eye on. If we draft Sewell at 6 and one of Smith or Waddle falls a bit then I could see us moving up a few sports from 18 to draft one of them.

Draft Sewell at 6.
Trade up from 18 and draft Smith or Waddle
Draft Williams at 36

That'd be a fun draft if that happened!

I def agree and that's big time for us considering on what our team needs are! The QB run in the draft is what's gonna end up pushing all that talent to be drafted later. I can see either Smith or Waddle falling a bit outside of the top 10 depending on the QBs drafted too which could be something to keep an eye on. If we draft Sewell at 6 and one of Smith or Waddle falls a bit then I could see us moving up a few sports from 18 to draft one of them.

Draft Sewell at 6.
Trade up from 18 and draft Smith or Waddle
Draft Williams at 36

That'd be a fun draft if that happened!
I prefer Pitts @6 and a Tackle/Center/OG/WR later at #18 or even #36 or #50..but I catch your drift! I see what you're saying!

Elijah Moore or Rondale Moore would just step in then. They may not be one of the top 4 receiving options in this draft but they both play the slot which is our biggest receiving need and they both have a lot of potential. Plus Tua should have more time to throw the ball if that happened as well since we decided to draft the best OT prospect.

So your solution is midget Elijah Moore? That’s the guy that’s going to save us down the stretch with the usual suspects out down the stretch?

Because we don’t need to take one @6 overrall!

So your solution is midget Elijah Moore? That’s the guy that’s going to save us down the stretch with the usual suspects out down the stretch?
He'll help as much, probably as "Skinny Smith!"..he actually weighs more than Smith! Elijah Moore, that is. Funny, for a midget. 178lbs for Moore to 170, If that, for Smitty. Hmm?

He'll help as much, probably as "Skinny Smith!"..he actually weighs more than Smith! Elijah Moore, that is. Funny, for a midget. 178lbs for Moore to 170, If that, for Smitty. Hmm?

He’s like 4’ 10”

Sorry for the term “Midget” how about “Little Person?”

He’s like 4’ 10”

He's 5'9.5" ..you know who else was 5'9" that many compare him to? One Steve Smith Sr.

Moore also ran a 4.32 hand timed compared to 4.41 for Steve Smith Sr. at the combine..so umm..I think he's got a good shot.

He’s like 4’ 10”

Ever watched a whole Ole Miss game, by the way? He smoked the Gators, btw. Many did last year, still..he was second in the SEC in Receiving to 170lbs (maybe???), Skinny Smitty.

He's 5'9.5" ..you know who else was 5'9" that many compare him to? One Steve Smith Sr.

Moore also ran a 4.32 hand timed compared to 4.41 for Steve Smith Sr. at the combine..so umm..I think he's got a good shot.

5' 9.5" with stripper pumps

Back
Top Bottom