For the Chase naysayers | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For the Chase naysayers

I like you am not here to bash Smith as he seems to be an excellent kid. Are you saying Jefferson and Lamb were close to Chase that year? I just want to be clear. Everyone rated Chase above Jefferson and Lamb was the third WR selected (not that I agreed with that). I am 99.9% sure that most draft experts had Chase rated over all of the WR' from last yr.

As for Smith's season? Outstanding but when you consider before he got hurt, Waddle was actually out performing Smith, he took off after Waddle was out. In contrast Chase put up monster numbers while Jefferson, a Pro Bowler as a rookie was stealing targets. That is a more impressive feat.

We really may not lose with either guy, a rare situation.

Some of you keep repeating this myth that Waddle was outperforming Smitty until he got hurt but it's just not true. I don't know why you people won't stop repeating misinformation over and over again.

Jaylen Waddle was not outperforming Smitty when he got hurt.

Secondly, you keep repeating this Chase nonsense as if Jefferson wasn't outperforming Chase all season in 2019 until November. I have news for you, he was. Chase didn't surpass Jefferson in touchdowns until the Alabama game, and Jefferson still had more receptions even at that point.

Lastly, I don't know why you keep trying to use Waddle's injury as a negative against Smitty. When Waddle went down Smitty had to be relied on like never before. He had to stay healthy, remain dependable, and consistently beat the best CB's in football to win games for his team. There was no room for error - he had to rise above it all and be the guy. Including taking over as punt returner for Waddle and running his SRPO routes.

That's exactly what he did. Nobody would've faulted him had he stumbled somewhere along the way. He's just too skinny.

Some of you just flat out don't know how to evaluate the WR position - and that's ok. Just try not to let all your misinformation overload every post.

No issues with any of Pitts, waddle, chase or smith. There was a thread hammering chase a couple of months ago saying he’s selfish and lazy .... that was ridiculous as there was clearly a college bias going on in that thread. Funnily enough we were also told by the same person I think that smith was the boy. Well I haven’t seen smith going ahead of Pitts or chase in any mock draft and waddle goes before smith as well in quite a few. But Pitts and chase are always taken before the bama boys on these mock drafts online. But apparently no one knows what they’re talking about

Some of you keep repeating this myth that Waddle was outperforming Smitty until he got hurt but it's just not true. I don't know why you people won't stop repeating misinformation over and over again.

Jaylen Waddle was not outperforming Smitty when he got hurt.

Secondly, you keep repeating this Chase nonsense as if Jefferson wasn't outperforming Chase all season in 2019 until November. I have news for you, he was. Chase didn't surpass Jefferson in touchdowns until the Alabama game, and Jefferson still had more receptions even at that point.

Lastly, I don't know why you keep trying to use Waddle's injury as a negative against Smitty. When Waddle went down Smitty had to be relied on like never before. He had to stay healthy, remain dependable, and consistently beat the best CB's in football to win games for his team. There was no room for error - he had to rise above it all and be the guy. Including taking over as punt returner for Waddle and running his SRPO routes.

That's exactly what he did. Nobody would've faulted him had he stumbled somewhere along the way. He's just too skinny.

Some of you just flat out don't know how to evaluate the WR position - and that's ok. Just try not to let all your misinformation overload every post.
What proof do you have beyond your expert eyes that tell anyone of us that Smitty was not being outperformed by Waddle up until the time he (Waddle) was injured last season? Proof? Or as some of you love to point out, do you have any 'statistical proof' to back your claims?

No issues with any of Pitts, waddle, chase or smith. There was a thread hammering chase a couple of months ago saying he’s selfish and lazy .... that was ridiculous as there was clearly a college bias going on in that thread. Funnily enough we were also told by the same person I think that smith was the boy. Well I haven’t seen smith going ahead of Pitts or chase in any mock draft and waddle goes before smith as well in quite a few. But Pitts and chase are always taken before the bama boys on these mock drafts online. But apparently no one knows what they’re talking about
Truth. The people here that love Smitty apparently know more than anyone else in the World!

What proof do you have beyond your expert eyes that tell anyone of us that Smitty was not being outperformed by Waddle up until the time he (Waddle) was injured last season? Proof? Or as some of you love to point out, do you have any 'statistical proof' to back your claims?

I already know what the statistical proof is. Get off the damn message boards and take a break from spreading your bullsh*t and go do your own work lizard boy. Come back and let me know what you find.

Bring me back statistical proof Waddle was outperforming Smitty.

I was just about to post this exact thing. Waddle is rated above Smith on every board.
Waddle brings something really good and that is being a dangerous return man with Tyreek Hill speed.
Every board, huh?

He doesn't have the hands or route running ability that Smith has.

He's fast though.

Truth. The people here that love Smitty apparently know more than anyone else in the World!

It ain't hard to find out who knows what. All you have to do is pay to play.

So far you just haven't shown me that you know that much. You could've been here showing me how much you know for the past 13 years. Damn shame you showed up this late.

He's been hiding since the Sr. Bowl.

That's a fact.

Refuses weigh in.

Refuses to run.

Refuses to workout.

and after weeks pigging out comes in at 170.

The kid played at 155 - 160 max.

Wouldn't touch that with a 10ft pole!

Sure hope he takes his bone rack show elsewhere!
Chase hid for all of 2020 from literally everything.

I don't feel like Chase can touch what Justin Jefferson did as a rookie.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really am not a knowledgeable person and compared to some here I’m an amateur. But I read tons on line and vary the writers. None of them are saying Smith is the best out of the 4 names. I’m going by what they’re saying and won’t listen to certain individuals who keep on telling us they know everything and they’re this and know that .... when not much of what they say comes right and no one in real life cares what they think.

im now going to make a prediction. I bet one of the teams in the nfl wins the next Super Bowl? I’m a genius.

I already know what the statistical proof is. Get off the damn message boards and take a break from spreading your bullsh*t and go do your own work lizard boy. Come back and let me know what you find.

Bring me back statistical proof Waddle was outperforming Smitty.

Okay..sure:

38 receptions for 483 yards and 4 touchdowns/ 12.7 per reception- Smitty
25 receptions for 557 yards and 4 touchdowns/ 22.3 per reception- Waddle

Prior to the Tennessee game when Waddle was hurt on the opening kickoff.

:shrug:

Somebody show me all the experts that had Justin Jefferson above Henry Ruggs. Somebody bring me back just one that did. Somewhere, anywhere. Just one.

Everyone who had Henry Ruggs ranked ahead of Justin Jefferson must have been:
(place the correct answer in bold)

A) Biased Bama Gumps

B) Experts

C) LsHoE hAtErZ

D) Hockey watchers

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom