For the Chase naysayers | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For the Chase naysayers

View attachment 73477

first we had Minkah thinking he could be fitzmagic, Now Smith wants to be KD. whats with Bama players stealing nicknames.

At least Chase hasnt stolen anyone's nickname yet i dont think

You have to be on the field to steal nicknames. At least dolphin fans have nicknames to concentrate on instead of winning anything.

LShoe players and their entire program have much bigger issues to worry about right now other than nicknames for their players. They probably wouldn't like the nicknames they'd get now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll take my chances with Pitts over Smitty. Or Chase. Or Waddle.

At least you can count on Pitts to sit on his couch an offer moral support to his teammates with a cell phone video while they're out there getting their teeth kicked in by a Big-12 team. I'm sure that goes a long way in NFL locker rooms.

At least you can count on Pitts to sit on his couch an offer moral support to his teammates with a cell phone video while they're out there getting their teeth kicked in by a Big-12 team. I'm sure that goes a long way in NFL locker rooms.
In a game that didn't matter one bit. I am sure that all the NFL teams are really gonna hold that against him. Players included. :lol:

It's a business, at this point, after all.

No one blames him. But you, maybe.

Still, facts remain, Pitts > Anyone from 'bama in this draft :shrug:

In a game that didn't matter one bit. I am sure that all the NFL teams are really gonna hold that against him. Players included. :lol:

It's a business, at this point, after all.

No one blames him. But you, maybe.

Still, facts remain, Pitts > Anyone from 'bama in this draft :shrug:

The game didn't matter to him because all those Bama players in the draft kicked his ass. 🤣

The game didn't matter to him because all those Bama players in the draft kicked his ***. 🤣
Yeah. Must be this.

To the tune of 7 receptions for 129 yards and a touchdown for Pitts.

Great job, Bama!

Kadarius Toney had 153 yards on 8 catches and one touchdown, as well.

I know, I know..Bama put up great statistics on offense, too. I get that. I know that. But they should have done better for being the supposed greatest team of all time and all, you know? They also struggled against the likes of Ole Miss who put up 38 points and over 600 yards..well struggled against them on defense, this year.

Imagine if Bama played some more potent offenses like that, who weren't having half a QB form injury like Ohio State? Would have been interesting! :shrug:

The topic is "for-the-chase-naysayers"

Get back to that or we will start deleting posts guys

If we draft him, this stat is only good if:

1) We call plays that throw it to him deep, so that he can keep this stat going…(that's on our OC's)
2) Our Oline gives him enough time (I am confident that our Oline can do it at this point)

Drafting him, but throwing check downs isn't going to help Chase utilize his full abilities

You have to be on the field to steal nicknames. At least dolphin fans have nicknames to concentrate on instead of winning anything.

LShoe players and their entire program have much bigger issues to worry about right now other than nicknames for their players. They probably wouldn't like the nicknames they'd get now.

I'd love for us to draft anyone of the 4, Pitts, Waddle, Smith, Chase. I just chuckle when a bunch of old men call a kid a nickname that another star has been using for 7 years. Same **** is going on with the Hornets and people shortening LaMelo ball to juse 'Melo. saying naaa you cant call him that. I've been so busy with work I havent even looked into the big deal going on with LSU right now, 50 million fine or whatever to be able to stay in the loop.

But yeah fins fans seem to want to nickname the players before they even step foot on the field, i guess thats sort of excitement for the new guy. Hell for all I know, Chase's twitter feed is something immature like Ja'marrTheGreat even though that nickname is pretty much spoken for.

Perhaps we could get some experts to weigh in on precisely what Ja'Marr Chase does better than DeVonta Smith - particularly against press coverage.

Maybe an overall checklist of things Chase does that Smitty can't do. If you have any plays to illustrate your points I'd be interested in seeing those.

We'll start with a few stats since most people prefer that over film anyway.

I'd love for us to draft anyone of the 4, Pitts, Waddle, Smith, Chase. I just chuckle when a bunch of old men call a kid a nickname that another star has been using for 7 years. Same **** is going on with the Hornets and people shortening LaMelo ball to juse 'Melo. saying naaa you cant call him that. I've been so busy with work I havent even looked into the big deal going on with LSU right now, 50 million fine or whatever to be able to stay in the loop.

But yeah fins fans seem to want to nickname the players before they even step foot on the field, i guess thats sort of excitement for the new guy. Hell for all I know, Chase's twitter feed is something immature like Ja'marrTheGreat even though that nickname is pretty much spoken for.

Well I can only speak for myself - I don't watch basketball don't give two flying rats asses about it and have no idea about any of their nicknames. All I know is I've never seen a more fitting nickname than Smitty's Slim Reaper moniker. Although we just call him Smitty. His teammates and coaches just call him Smitty.

As for what you'd love the dolphins to draft - you'll get another offensive tackle and like it.

Back
Top Bottom