For the Chase naysayers | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For the Chase naysayers

For the Chase naysayers is the topic guys​

:shrug:

This article mentions Chase.

Incredible article. I've had Chase as my top underclassman WR going back a year before that article was written. With Waddle a close second.

Same as Smitty was my top Senior wide receiver a year before that article was written. My point of contention has nothing to do with Chase or Waddle - and I said a long time ago I don't have a problem with anyone that has Chase as their top overall WR. Any one of the three deserve a spot at the top. Nobody is reinventing a wheel that I already had mounted on my chariot.

The only argument I make is that Smitty is as deserving as the other two. Some of you seem like you're either trolling or are going to be awful surprised at how good he is at the next level. I have little doubt.

Incredible article. I've had Chase as my top underclassman WR going back a year before that article was written. With Waddle a close second.

Same as Smitty was my top Senior wide receiver a year before that article was written. My point of contention has nothing to do with Chase or Waddle - and I said a long time ago I don't have a problem with anyone that has Chase as their top overall WR. Any one of the three deserve a spot at the top. Nobody is reinventing a wheel that I already had mounted on my chariot.

The only argument I make is that Smitty is as deserving as the other two. Some of you seem like you're either trolling or are going to be awful surprised at how good he is at the next level. I have little doubt.
👏 :hclap: :UP: 👍 :cool: 😎

I didn't watch every LSU snap but his highlight tape is a lot of pushing off and jump balls and busted coverage. Although I do think he is great at run after the catch. He seems like a strong bull once he's running.
Chase’s go to move to beating press is to engage into the defender strait off the line and fight him for position..

He’s got the great talent he just needs to refine is technique for route running and beating press

Also in the same article it says this about Smith, "Smith's consistent route running and ability to earn separation give him the highest projected floor and ceiling in this class of wideouts. The Heisman Trophy winner had the highest percentage of receptions in which he had more than 3 feet of separation at the time of the catch despite a defender being within 3 feet of him on the path of the route. This advantage carries over into yards after the catch; Smith's ability to increase his speed once he had the ball in his hands was the third-best in the FBS this season. Pro Football Focus measured him as the most effective receiver against press coverage across the board in 2020, with Smith leading the FBS in receptions (65), receiving yards (1,144) and TDs (13) against press." I feel the Dolphins can't really go wrong with any of the top 4 receivers (this includes Pitts)
And to add to my last comment here you have the heisman trophy winner who as well is extremely talented, however displays great technique in route running and beating press..

#1 I doubt Chase makes it to us

#2 Grier seems to be such a 'Bama kool-aid drinker that he would draft Smith anyway.

Chase’s go to move to beating press is to engage into the defender strait off the line and fight him for position..

He’s got the great talent he just needs to refine is technique for route running and beating press
I often see people say things like, "you can't teach speed, but you can teach technique", but reality is not everybody can learn technique. I'm not saying Chase can't, but I am saying that when a guy has great technique then that's a skill onto itself. People want to undersell great technique as if it's something everybody can learn but history has shown us that's simply not true. Chase is a great WR prospect and there are many things he's great at, but there's no guarantee he'll ever be great at beating press.

I often see people say things like, "you can't teach speed, but you can teach technique", but reality is not everybody can learn technique. I'm not saying Chase can't, but I am saying that when a guy has great technique then that's a skill onto itself. People want to undersell great technique as if it's something everybody can learn but history has shown us that's simply not true. Chase is a great WR prospect and there are many things he's great at, but there's no guarantee he'll ever be great at beating press.
There's no guarantee Smitty will stay healthy at 6'1" and 170lbs..nothing is guaranteed.

Back
Top Bottom