For The Love Of God, Trade A Wr For An Ol Right Now | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For The Love Of God, Trade A Wr For An Ol Right Now

You dont need a coach or even players to tank... Its the GMs call and no one has anything to say about it. If the GM decides that your QBs for the season are Rosen and Fitzpatrick, well though luck. If Grier decides that he'd rather roll capspace over to next season than try and invest in some OL talent, then though luck. If he decides to get rid of every pass rushing DEs on the team and not replace them, well it is what it is...

Call it whatever you want, the GM hasnt put the 2019 Dolphins in position to succeed and that was done intentionally, at least I hope so, cause if thats their vision of a winning team, they're just digging...
Here’s the odd thing though - and I understand it may be a stretch but hear me out...

We are good at the skill positions on O (assuming we get good QB play). We have some really talented DBs and a couple of playmaking LBs.

On paper, our lines look bad - but what if they are better than expected due to coaching, scheme, etc? We may wind up surprising a lot of people.

Yep. Nobody's going to give up a quality OL for a receiver. Way too many average wideouts thorought the league. Not the case when it comes to quality OL.

There are always some of those end of roster swaps like the Philly/Buffalo trade and I have little doubt Grier and co are scouring the league for those 9th/10th linemen on a good team that may be able to contend for a starting role on the Phins. I doubt Parker or Still would get swapped but I could see Butler or Ford traded for a lineman if some team was interested in one of them.

There will also be a bunch of players put on the trading block for later round picks if they're on the roster bubble. A pro bowler isn't walking through the door but there will be opportunities to replace guys like Jordan Mills if he keeps this up.

Here’s the odd thing though - and I understand it may be a stretch but hear me out...

We are good at the skill positions on O (assuming we get good QB play). We have some really talented DBs and a couple of playmaking LBs.

On paper, our lines look bad - but what if they are better than expected due to coaching, scheme, etc? We may wind up surprising a lot of people.
I would add that, although our Oline has a long way to go in pass pro (and I believe they will get better), if they can run the ball effectively, it will help our passing game immensely. There's a huge difference between 3rd and 4, and 3rd and 9.

Defensively, we are going to struggle against top teams, but I think we do have some guys that will create turnovers.

Well of course they are going to say that. And they will probably say Fitzpatrick was the QB they wanted all along - even though we know they met with Bridgewater and tried to get thyroid Taylor before talking with Fitzpatrick. but the truth is there is a much more long term plan than trying to go all in to win now.

We should absolutely trade Kenny Stills. He has the most value and honestly by the time this team is ready to actually compete Stills will be old and just too expensive to add other pieces. This is how the NFL works, if a player is just average or slight above average you don't over pay to keep them around you replace them and next man up. Ideally with players on rookie contracts or cheap contracts.

What do you consider to be “old”?

[
Well of course they are going to say that. And they will probably say Fitzpatrick was the QB they wanted all along - even though we know they met with Bridgewater and tried to get thyroid Taylor before talking with Fitzpatrick. but the truth is there is a much more long term plan than trying to go all in to win now.

We should absolutely trade Kenny Stills. He has the most value and honestly by the time this team is ready to actually compete Stills will be old and just too expensive to add other pieces. This is how the NFL works, if a player is just average or slight above average you don't over pay to keep them around you replace them and next man up. Ideally with players on rookie contracts or cheap contracts.

Thyroid Taylor is the best auto-correct I've seen in a long time :lol::lol:

I'll probably call him that for the rest of the year, thanks.

Yep. Nobody's going to give up a quality OL for a receiver. Way too many average wideouts thorought the league. Not the case when it comes to quality OL.

You're acting like we'd need an all star to improve this lineup :nah:

I'm sure somebody's backup RG would be a big improvement from our current options.

God help us. We're in big trouble if this team doesn't believe they need to draft a QB in the first four rounds in next year's draft.

Or the exact opposite is true.

God has already helped us by landing a talented QB for a draft pick that would otherwise likely produce QB failure.

As if we’re going to take a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round because Josh Rosen needs a backup. If your need a QB you better take him in the first.

If they deem someone worth the development process, you take him. But you certainly don’t draft a QB because you need a QB. Odds aren’t in your favor.

Russell Wilson, Nick Foles, Dak Prescott and Jimmy Garapolo are the most notable mid round picks in recent memory and all were drafted by teams that had invested in other QBs first.

Hey if we have the right coach the oline will end up at least medorcre this year. If not we have bigger problems than just draft picks. The offensive line takes the longest to gel. We have 2 rookies thats makes it even tougher.

The big investment in the OL will come next off season.

We are in a great spot to add guys in the draft and free agency with little needed in regards to skill position players.

No WRs, RBs, TEs or QBs likely to be taken in the first 4 rounds. Never say never but....

DE, OL, CB.....repeat.
QB highly likely in round 1.

Agree with DE, OL after that.

Or the exact opposite is true.

God has already helped us by landing a talented QB for a draft pick that would otherwise likely produce QB failure.

As if we’re going to take a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round because Josh Rosen needs a backup. If your need a QB you better take him in the first.

If they deem someone worth the development process, you take him. But you certainly don’t draft a QB because you need a QB. Odds aren’t in your favor.

Russell Wilson, Nick Foles, Dak Prescott and Jimmy Garapolo are the most notable mid round picks in recent memory and all were drafted by teams that had invested in other QBs first.
I meant, they are going to need to take a QB in the first round. I'm just not enthralled with what I've seen from Rosen so far in his young career.

[

Thyroid Taylor is the best auto-correct I've seen in a long time :lol::lol:

I'll probably call him that for the rest of the year, thanks.

You're acting like we'd need an all star to improve this lineup :nah:

I'm sure somebody's backup RG would be a big improvement from our current options.

Lol actually that was no typo, I've always called him Thyroid

Just going to have to suffer this year. Good amount of draft picks to build up the lines next year. Rosen is only in his second year. Plenty of time to see what he can do.

I'm definitely concerned about the offensive line. I know some have suggested trading Stills. I'm just not sure what kind of offensive line talent a team would trade for him. You might be looking at a #6 lineman from a team that has a lot of talent there --- Dallas, Indy maybe??? Not sure if either of those teams need a wide receiver.

I do expect Miami to go heavy in the draft next year for offensive line help. If Rosen makes it, they have three premium picks. I wouldn't doubt two of those go to the offensive line.

God help us. We're in big trouble if this team doesn't believe they need to draft a QB in the first four rounds in next year's draft.

I liked some things I saw with rosen but there’s just no way if I’m position for a tua or a Herbert even to compete with the kid I’m not turning in the card off what I saw in the opener.

Those guys are just too talented to just say “im good”.

Off that one game. Rosen’s gonna have to really overcome crap o line odds and exceed expectations. Otherwise you damn right I’m drafting either of those kids to compete. And I might throw in love off upside but that remains to be seen for me.

DeVante Parker and Kenny Stills are currently our only two healthy experienced receivers. Good luck with that. (No, I don't consider Brice Butler or Allen Hurns).

We do need Olinemen, but you might feel better once you see our starting 5 play together for a bit (ideally you won't feel worse).

I would have not problem if someone offered us someone with at least potential for Parker (Looking again good in camp W/ again the black cloud of Injuries), or Stills (A great deep receiver that continues to be a distraction anyway, so before he hurts the chemistry of the team...Adios).

Two receiver that I would never have thought to have no problem seeing go, but because I am tired of both for different reasons, if some team were to offer Linemen help, I would say yes before they were done proposing the trade.

I liked some things I saw with rosen but there’s just no way if I’m position for a tua or a Herbert even to compete with the kid I’m not turning in the card off what I saw in the opener.

Those guys are just too talented to just say “im good”.

Off that one game. Rosen’s gonna have to really overcome crap o line odds and exceed expectations. Otherwise you damn right I’m drafting either of those kids to compete. And I might throw in love off upside but that remains to be seen for me.
I just hope this front office is smart enough to do the same.

Back
Top Bottom