For The Love Of God, Trade A Wr For An Ol Right Now | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For The Love Of God, Trade A Wr For An Ol Right Now

I would have not problem if someone offered us someone with at least potential for Parker (Looking again good in camp W/ again the black cloud of Injuries), or Stills (A great deep receiver that continues to be a distraction anyway, so before he hurts the chemistry of the team...Adios).

Two receiver that I would never have thought to have no problem seeing go, but because I am tired of both for different reasons, if some team were to offer Linemen help, I would say yes before they were done proposing the trade.

I'm not saying I wouldn't trade either one of those players. My comment was more about the imagined strength of our current WR corps.

Tua would get hurt behind this OL. I don't want to see that happen.

He was banged up to much last year to be put behind a terrible OL. Gotta shore it up of he's the target.

The Josh Rosen trade was good value but useless unless there is a competent O-line to accurately gauge his prowess. Isn't now the perfect time to deal from a position of strength and get a bookend RT to help solidify the line? I realize we want to tank as well, but with huge holes at d-line and FS I think we'll still be 'competitive' for the first pick unless Rosen turns in a very good season. I get that the Rosen trade sort of fell into their lap, so I can forgive the oversight to shore up OL in the offseason, they were in full tank mode. Maybe they even thought some of the no-name guys would overperform. But now is about the last chance to make the Rosen trade make any sense at all
We do not need to make a trade this year, we have 12 picks and a lot of cap space in 2020. Build the line next offseason

If the Dolphins OL gets beaten regularly during the TB joint practices and game this week, it will be interesting to see if Miami makes any moves.

It wouldn't be surprising if Stills is on the trading block with a trade pending the outcome other competitive positional battles around the league. Kenny's skills probably makes him a fit for lots of teams and his well-established routes should make it easy for most QBs to work him into their offense. On the other hand, the positions that Dolphins may seek may require the 3rd preseason game to resolve such competition.

Looking back, the emergence of Preston Williams likely changed their plans for the WR corps. The signing of Allen Hurns could indicate that the team wants a competitive battle with Isaiah Ford & Trent Irwin for a 3rd WR role, where they likely desire a more move-the-chains possession slot receiver. Meanwhile, DeVante Parker is already benefiting as he no longer covered by Xavier Howard (i.e., the best corner) on all critical plays and will likely face more 'winnable' coverage during the season.

Williams leap-frogging the depth chart makes Stills expendable. The offense is doesn't require more than 3 WR sets and will frequently use less than three. Wilson, Grant, and O'Leary have lined up in the backfield, which allows the team to still run the routes to spread a defense, while making the it think about the potential for run/pass, containment, and trick play.

I have no idea what Stills may bring in a trade, but the team missed the window where veterans with high contracts were traded, such as Kelechi Osemele.

Our ol have been bad last 12 yr we still win 6 to 9 games yr. If coach are any good

Last edited:
The big investment in the OL will come next off season.

We are in a great spot to add guys in the draft and free agency with little needed in regards to skill position players.

No WRs, RBs, TEs or QBs likely to be taken in the first 4 rounds. Never say never but....

DE, OL, CB.....repeat.

No QB's taken??? We 1000% should be taking a QB with the first pick next year.

Why would we trade a receiver for anything right now? This staff is still evaluating players and implementing a new scheme. We have talent in the receiving core and yet folks are screaming we have no talent... so trade the talent we have for a player that will have to make the squad? What if he doesn't? It happens. We have until the trade deadline to know where we stand as a team. We should wait until the move would make more sense IMO. The only trade I would consider is if a player is going to be cut because of a crowded position.

Back
Top Bottom