For The Love Of God, Trade A Wr For An Ol Right Now | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For The Love Of God, Trade A Wr For An Ol Right Now

Just saw on twitter that Miami was one of the teams to inquire about Trent Williams. Not sure if it's true and not sure what we would do with two franchise LT's.

Just saw on twitter that Miami was one of the teams to inquire about Trent Williams. Not sure if it's true and not sure what we would do with two franchise LT's.

supposedly they would want an R1...

At that price I'd hard pass for a 31-year-old OT.

Beyond that it doesn't make sense for us IMO for a day 2 pick.

I'd be OK with a player trade -- straight up Charles Harris and

a Dan Marino poster (signed of course).

supposedly they would want an R1...

At that price I'd hard pass for a 31-year-old OT.

Beyond that it doesn't make sense for us IMO for a day 2 pick.

I'd be OK with a player trade -- straight up Charles Harris and

a Dan Marino poster (signed of course).

R1 cannot happen (obviously) and I'm not a fan of giving up high picks when you consider how they approached this off-season. They stockpiled picks so might as well stick with the plan and reset the roster on 2020 with cheap rookie contracts. Otherwise why not just be more active in FA in the first place?

I always considered Williams as the prototype LT and probably the best in the game but doesn't seem to be a great fit in Miami, all things considered. Same goes for the Clowney talk. He is not going to make that much of a difference in the grand scheme of things or W/L record for this season.

Maybe Washington should just trade Williams for Clowney.

Are you of the belief Rosen was acquired to solidify our backup QB situation?

JR's ability is alot closer to the value of what Arizona paid for him, not what we did.

The season has to play itself out obviously but assume this kid plays solid football on a relatively bad team and we are 6-10 and holding the 8th pick in the draft, what are you going to do? Take a guy with a 2nd round grade, if the top 3 guys are off the board as expected.

My point was more to the effect that 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round QB's are generally a waste of a draft pick. Most of the guys who've been selected in that range that have been success have been usually selected by teams with a keen eye for talent evaluation and WITHOUT a glaring need for a QB. Nick Foles, Dak Prescott, Russell Wilson, Jimmy Garapolo, were drafted to play behind someone who was at the time deemed better (and older).

If we have the 1st or 2nd pick, sure you will likely need to take a QB because the season didn't go well.

The Josh Rosen I saw the other day is far from being the QB of a team destined to have a top 3 pick.

If Rosen is entrenched as your starter in 2020, you don't build around him with more QB's in the 2nd and 3rd round.

As I've said from the beginning, I don't think anyone will get a definite answer about Rosen's potential either way this season, bc our Oline is putrid and our team way below avg. Unless I am 100% convinced he will be ELITE, I am still taking a QB next year at the top of the draft. Next year has 4 highly projected QB's, and it is rare that any team picks high enough to get an elite QB.

My worst case scenario is we somehow go 6-10/7-9, and pick outside of the top 10. That would be a disaster. I'm totally for letting Rosen and a top QB next year have a fair battle for starting position, but I'm not passing up a chance at this QB class if we are picking in the top 5.

As I've said from the beginning, I don't think anyone will get a definite answer about Rosen's potential either way this season, bc our Oline is putrid and our team way below avg. Unless I am 100% convinced he will be ELITE, I am still taking a QB next year at the top of the draft. Next year has 4 highly projected QB's, and it is rare that any team picks high enough to get an elite QB.

My worst case scenario is we somehow go 6-10/7-9, and pick outside of the top 10. That would be a disaster. I'm totally for letting Rosen and a top QB next year have a fair battle for starting position, but I'm not passing up a chance at this QB class if we are picking in the top 5.

100% agree. Rosen will have to play like 84' Marino for us to pass on a top QB Prospect next draft. And the odds of that happening with the talent (or lack of) on this team are very low.

Back
Top Bottom