For The Love of the Game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For The Love of the Game

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
nice article - http://www.finheaven.com/cgi-bin/newsroom/newsroom.pl?action=viewspecificarticle&anum=fin200 - Andrew. That is a bit suprising considering the Fins are manuvering to make a SB run this year, but not suprising because people have become so sceptical about prof. sports. Personally, football (and to some extent hockey) player deserve all they get paid and more for those late signing min. sal. veterans. It is baseball players who are ridicuolous - I would play baseball for free (or at least room and board ;) )

AJ- That was a very good article. I'll never become like that. If that's all a fan bases sports on, then how can they call themselves fans?

To be honest, i love the economic side of the sport. Makes things so much more interesting, and makes the good GMs in this league really stand out. I love watching the game of course, and once the game is on economics leave the picture for me.

But without all the talk of economics, this board, and many others like it, would be a 'ghost town' so to speak(ed. in the offseason). it is fun grinding numbers together to see what we can get.

it adds another dimension to an already great sport to watch.

and remember it is only the offseason and we don't have a high draft pick, so there really isn't anything else to talk about at this point in the season....go to the same seminar in the middle of november and then see what the fans ask.....have to look at all the circumstances before printing an article like that, labeling fans like that in the off season isn't fair.

Bodzilla, I think you missed the point. When all you can do is ask questions about players contracts, you are more worried about what they make than how they play, or who is coming and going.

If I were to have a meeting with Dave and Rick, I could easily talk with those guys for hours about football, and never once bring up money.

Now I fully understand that contracts, and who is making what comes into play big time in this business, but let's not miss the view because of the trees. And by that I mean, there is a lot to talk about, get wrapped up in, or just plain enjoy, without worrying about who is making what.

If you enjoy the Salary Cap, and how that all works, then more power to ya, just try and understand what AJ was attempting to say.

I don't think that their asking all those questions about the salary cap makes them twisted fans. I am sure that they have a love for the game, it is probably due to DG re-neg his contract that stirred this up. Because if we are well below the cap now and in the future, the more successful our franchise will be...

Or maybe they're just steamed that these guys make more in a year than most of us in a decade...maybe even a lifetime or two...lol :D

I completely understand what you are saying, but I'll tell you what, if i was there I'd be asking a cap related question too. Come the season, the cap is out the window for me. But for right now I would ask economic questions, and in that regard he would be saying I am not a true fan, when in fact I am the biggest phin fan i know!!!!!

Just different views on it I guess, but I understand what you are saying, and if what you say he is implying is correct, then I can understand the article a little better, but after reading it I got the impression of my earlier post.

Sure I get where your coming from Bod. AJ told me he was just really bummed out that instead of discussing football, everyone was so concerned about money that it sucked the life right out of him.

Kinda like if you were to go to see a movie, and instead of showing the movie, the director came out and gave you a two hour breakdown on who was paid what, and how much each set cost, ect ect.

I feel the same as Andrew, I just love the game. I am by no means a Cap man, but I know enough to get me by. I would have been just as dissapointed as him.

hahah that was a good comparison, made me laugh....I guess it all has to do with interests and expectations.....we all think differently.

But still, he labeled other fans, not himself, and who is to say that all the other fans aren't in the same boat I am? maybe they had a great time there. Didn't give an argument for the fans that ARE into the cap and everything. That is my real "beef", if you could even call it that.

Sure, but how many times do we get pissed off at Sun Sentinel writers or the Sportsline guys for writing opinions that we think is B.S.?

It's his opinion, he is just lucky enough to own this site...so everyone can read it. lolol

Rock on Bod...

Go PHINS!!!!

I think this falls under the catagory of "you had to be there" type of feeling generaded by these perticular fans. I do see their point ,as the price of tickets, to sports apparel and everything in between rises. There has to be a natural ceiling to the escalation, or fans will simply fall by the wayside. And perhaps the smaller jump in the cap number testifies to this thinking. If football is to be enjoyed by the entire family then buying tickets, parking, food and drinks , that days memorabila,etc are simply going to out price themselves. After all is said and done the fans pay their salaries and have a right to tell their side of the story.
As for me, I will continue to pay the price, for it truely is "the greatest show on earth."

BB

The Cap should be higher, but it should stay around. If there isn't a cap, football will turn into baseball and then there will really be a problem. I think the cap should be 78 million and I think players should stop being so greedy.

It's the size of the cap that allows players to be greedy. every year they seem to think they are worth more money. If the cap was only 25 million, then the players would have to play for less, or not play at all.

Well, these players are starting to learn not to be so greedy with the cap. Look at Armstead and his new contract, it doesn't even average out to 2 million a year.

The article was defintely a "eye" opener................I still love this game no matter what! Go Fins! :evil:

Back
Top Bottom