For those who classify Tua as Injury Prone: Good listen | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those who classify Tua as Injury Prone: Good listen

I just don’t see the need to rush Tua.

I haven't read anyone saying or implying that we "rush" Tua ...

I have said and read that IF he is healed (cleared medically) AND he beats out Fitz in TC/PS then he MUST start ....

Your POV has been well stated ... we disagree
A couple reasons I feel the way I do....

We need to cement a future QB ... waiting only delays the inevitable and if you wait too long into the season do you REALLY know that you have a lock at QB .... do you go into the draft hoping you do and neglect the position? .... do you double down and spend resources getting another "potential" lock at QB?

Waiting for a line to gel is like waiting for Marino to star in the sequel of Benjamin Button.... Tua (or whomever) better know how to manuver in the pocket and/or scramble regardless of the line .... this issue has haunted us for years ... waiting to gel may take Tua to his 5th year option

Bottom line? Who knows really ... but we drafted a QB at 5 and if he is who we think he is and is healthy ... He starts day 1

I don't care about the finger and I'm not terribly concerned about the ankles. It's the hip that worries me. People can say it was a contact injury. Yep, a contact injury against college kids/men (ages 18-23). Not a contact injury against men in the NFL which makes it even more disconcerting.

I don't care about the finger and I'm not terribly concerned about the ankles. It's the hip that worries me. People can say it was a contact injury. Yep, a contact injury against college kids/men (ages 18-23). Not a contact injury against men in the NFL which makes it even more disconcerting.

pretty sure both dudes that fell on Tua were near 300 lbs.

Agreed. The finger obviously wasn't a problem(76 TDs) and sprained ankles happen all the time, it was definitely the hip.

Fair enough but the same can be said of any fracture. My point is if the hip healed right then it's no more concern than Rodgers' collar bone or DVP breaking his foot in college.

Your argument implies they shouldn't have picked Tua at all because his hip couldn't a college hit anyway.

I'm not speaking for what the original poster was implying or not implying. But that is exactly how I feel. The hip injury is not a minor issue whether it healed properly or not. Tua better learn to better protect himself some too because our O-line is suspect.

Those college kids were 300+ lb adults, doesn’t matter what age they were, that type of weight falling on your body will do damage to anyone.

I wish I could be more done with this conversation than I am.

Patrick Mahomes has had a ****-ton of injuries in college and the NFL. He just brought the Lombardi trophy to a fanbase that has been starved of it for 50 years. Sound familiar?

Tua was, is, and will be a very good gamble by the Fins. Every single player in the NFL could be done on any random play in the NFL at any time. I said it before, and I'll say it again. The juice is worth the squeeze.

Fins up.

Back
Top Bottom