For those who didn't believe me.......... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those who didn't believe me..........

minus

Perennial All-Pro
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I said that Patrick Surtain played better than Sam last season and that he is becoming the better corner out of the two...Only thing he was behind was on his coverage but not anymore.

Check this quote from Marvez latest column.............

Some other observations from the first full week of camp practices:

Left cornerback Patrick Surtain is off to an unbelievable start. In the first four days of practices, Surtain had only two passes completed against him while intercepting seven.

After one practice, a Titans assistant coach picked Zach Thomas and Surtain as the two most impressive on the Dolphins' defense. Asked whether he thought Surtain was close to becoming as good as three-time Pro Bowl cornerback Sam Madison, the assistant said, "I think he may be even better."

Surtain should be a pro bowler this year ..............

sheez, when I saw the thread title , I thought for sure it was by Denny. Sorry minus.;)

I don't care. You're wrong. Madison played better last year. Surtain played better in 2000. I don't know what tapes you were watching from last year.

As for the Surtain talk of being better, that's been said since the day Jimmy drafted him. Jimmy said he's the most talented CB that he ever drafted.

Originally posted by Muck
I don't care. You're wrong. Madison played better last year. Surtain played better in 2000. I don't know what tapes you were watching from last year.

As for the Surtain talk of being better, that's been said since the day Jimmy drafted him. Jimmy said he's the most talented CB that he ever drafted.

LMAO
Surtain really started to move ahead him last year (Look at the stats)...Jimmy could have said he was most talented but now is when he is showing it...Anyways this thread is intended to the people who made it controversy when I stated that Surtain was the better corner...................

I just want to what their reaction to that quote....

I don't think Madison played great last year, he did dropped a number of int's over the course of last year, but in his defense I don't think teams even tried to pass against him that much which is the ultimate honor, they stayed away from him. Surtian gave up his share of completions last year.

So you're saying that you don't watch tapes, is that correct?? If you don't, you have no basis for an argument.

Stats can only tell you so much. First off, they DO tell you that Sam missed some games. Second, they tell you that QBs took their chances with Surtain as opposed to Madison.

While you'd like to see Sam hang onto those INTs, I really don't care too much about it. IMO, preventing the WR from catching the ball is more important than getting the INT.

But really guys, how can you say that Sam didn't play great?? Take away one play against Coles in NY, I don't remember Sam being beaten for many significant catches.

Originally posted by Muck
So you're saying that you don't watch tapes, is that correct?? If you don't, you have no basis for an argument.

Stats can only tell you so much. First off, they DO tell you that Sam missed some games. Second, they tell you that QBs took their chances with Surtain as opposed to Madison.

I watched every single game last season....Madison has reputation as "being better" so of course they will pick on Surtain more.Yeah I know Sam missed 3 games but I still like what I saw from Surtain better.He had more pass defelctions even though he had more passes to defend.Surtain has pretty much look better than Madison last two season but I really took him seriusly last season when I watched him more closely.Look the fact is Surtain is becoming the better of the two...Who ever said Sam played bad?...I just don't like the fact that most fans and NFL analyst overlooked Surtain(although now more analyst are recognizing Surtain).

Well teams don't go by reputation, they go by what they see on film.

Dude, reputation has nothing to do with it. If a guy is fallible, he'll get exploited. If a guy is open, they'll throw it to him.

I watched every single game too last season. Difference is, I've watched every single game at least 10 times. I've focused on individual positions and players for an entire game.

I hope Surtain gets even better. But right now, guys like Marvin Harrison and Wayne Chrebet own him. You don't see Sam having trouble with him or anyone. The only guy who gives Sam fits is Coles. And that's usually on one play or two.

Reputation has something to do with it...
They will try to digest Patrick more because Sam consider to be "better corner".On game films they will focus more Surtain weaknesses than Madison..Any ways Muck I respect your views...

Minus I like your excitement concerning Pat..He's a good corner..but you're right he gets more action and for a reason..Sam will just shut down a receiver..period..When Pat does that..Then you will be able to examine their play more equally..the pro bowlers are picked by players..why do you think more players picked Sam than Pat..especially since there was more film on Pat..more film because more teams took their chances that way..I think that's why Pat is moving up his game this year, which is excellent, because two shut down CB's will put a lot of pressure on teams..Now we just need that 3rd corners who will keep teams at bay..not sure Flecther is there yet..but I hoping.

I would not call this a "contraversy" but a luxury; and like MD said - Fletch needs to step it up because they are going to go after him relentlously to stay away from our #1 and #2: in whichever order Pat and Sam or Sam and Pat are

;)

db's...............

well, you know what they say, opinions are like azzholes, everyone's got one!!

SEPTEMBER 11, BURN A TOWEL DAY!!

Back
Top Bottom