For those who dislike Roth | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those who dislike Roth

Terror

Owner of the TerrorShop
Reaction score
For those who dislike Roth or think this was not a good pick, then think of it this way, besides the fact that he is a COMPLETE MONSTER. I dont know how many times Saban has said that he is building this defense around JASON TAYLOR, which does not mean Roth is replacing him or this means the end of Taylor. This is the PERFECT pick to HELP Taylor. I think we all remember Taylor being double teamed all last year. Well Holliday and Carter were two big boys added to help stop those double teams, and will mosat likely play DT with Holliday maybe shifting in at LE. Roth will be a LE and will be a huge problem for Olines. He is EXTREMELY difficult to sotp and then if teams decide to double Taylor and forget Roth, they will be in big trouble. Think of Roth as a better Ogunleye that took a whole lot of pressure off Taylor. A COMPLETE BEAST!:evil:

Good post. I'm starting to think most of these people bashing Roth don't even know who he is. I admit it was a surprise pick, and I was hoping we'd draft Khalif Barnes... but Roth is a tremendous athlete and everyone who thought JT and Kevin Carter was going to be a great for our defensive line... just think... IT JUST GOT EVEN BETTER.

i agree, i have a lot of iowa fans who rave about him and say that we got a HUGE steal.. now i know it may be bias because they are Iowa fans but they watch him play every week and some of my friends have met the guy at parties before.

sorry i meant to add that when they saw him face to face they said the guy is a monster.. just thought i'd add it

Some people have their "needs" chart and are ticking off their positions as the picks go bye. You don't draft for need.

also everyone should check out the thread with the Roth video, that is a sick clip!

Our D-line looks to be SICK!!!!!!!! Could even be the best D-line in the NFL, and what I'm really loving is the depth

I posted this elsewhere... Raider fans desperately wanted Roth at #26. They felt he had a Raider mentality... ie tough SOB.

We, like I am, should be doing cartwheels with this pick and draft. When was the last time we had a first day that looked remotely like we could possibly lead onto an A grade draft.

I have never heard of Roth but he sounds like a monster! I hope he is for we need that attitude on D!

BAH....we need offense help...QB & o-LINE...........please with the animal stuff...did we not just get 2 def ends?..........come on people ....

We got a good d no GREAT D and if Brown dose good a pretty good O...if feely dose good we might be playoff bound

Saban had to coach against Roth in last years bowl game when Iowa's defense just stuffed LSU for 3 qtr's. I'm sure Nick is glad Matt Roth is on his team now.

finsnchips said:
I posted this elsewhere... Raider fans desperately wanted Roth at #26. They felt he had a Raider mentality... ie tough SOB.

We, like I am, should be doing cartwheels with this pick and draft. When was the last time we had a first day that looked remotely like we could possibly lead onto an A grade draft.

I really thought that Oakland would be where Roth was headed. Also heard a lot of talk about Denver. I am just stoaked that he is a Dolphin, Matt is a lot of fun to watch play.

The guy has a motor that never stops and we need that.Him on one side and JT on the other side.In a way, we just trade Surtain for Roth.Roth's younger and will cost a lot less and we're set at corner anyway.I think it was great value and he can line up around too.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom