For those who use the "Cadillac started so how is Ronnie B better?" debate. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those who use the "Cadillac started so how is Ronnie B better?" debate.

Great info from an Auburn fan who has seen every single snap on Ronnie Brown. Thanks for confirming what I have been saying all along.:D

thepoolboy said:
I didn't see a RB throw 5 int's for TDs plus one other on a fumble. But of course that was the o-line's and the RBs fault.

amen poolboy!!!!!!!!!!! last year i purchased a 53 inch high def tv to watch my dolphins and between aj and jay feidler i had to stop myself several times from throwing the beer at the tv because one of them lobs a pick for a damn touchdown!!!!!!!!!

jreg1 said:
amen poolboy!!!!!!!!!!! last year i purchased a 53 inch high def tv to watch my dolphins and between aj and jay feidler i had to stop myself several times from throwing the beer at the tv because one of them lobs a pick for a damn touchdown!!!!!!!!!
All you guys saying we should draft a QB honestly think he'd come in, start, and take us to the promised land? Last year was basically AJ's rookie year and he didn't even start the whole season. Peyton Manning threw 28 INT in his first year, he turned out all right didn't he? Not only are you misjudging AJ's first "season" as a starter but you're making a very stupid assumption that we'll strike gold with a QB and he'll win every game for us.

popularwar said:
All you guys saying we should draft a QB honestly think he'd come in, start, and take us to the promised land? Last year was basically AJ's rookie year and he didn't even start the whole season. Peyton Manning threw 28 INT in his first year, he turned out all right didn't he? Not only are you misjudging AJ's first "season" as a starter but you're making a very stupid assumption that we'll strike gold with a QB and he'll win every game for us.
Not only that if you read Konrad's Comments where he said that half of the picks thrown were due to the RB executing the wrong play and not being where he was supposed to be, and add the lack of time either QB had to hit a hot route (if there even was one) then its pretty easy to see why our O sucked, it was bad coaching of the RB, a crappy O-Line giving our QBs no time and ultimately it came down to Wanne and his stubborness for change. That is not going to happen this year, with better coaching, more stable line up and another year of experience for AJ.

popularwar said:

where did i say i wanted to draft a qb?!?!?! in so many words i said our qb situation last year was bad!:fire: now if you are blinded by your love for feeley then that is to bad....he needs to improve like our coach said....if he was so good then why is gus there? the quarterback who knows the system!

I am not convinved. Fact is yes Bron got a lot of carries, but Caddy was the starter on the depth chart. And despite rushing for nearly 1000 yards in relief, he still di dnot win the starting job. Also I issue a severe CAUTION to all you Caddy and Brown fans. I have watched the highlights of both. As talented as they are, their success has a lot to do with that Auburn OLine. The huge gaping holes these guys had play after play was unreal. They were nto even being touched until they were five yards down the field or more. I think a large part of this running game success is the line. They won't see those holes behind our patchwork OLine. Benson made his yars happen when often there were none. He is Still the right pick. Although I say, and have always said, I will take any of the three.

As far as AJ goes, I am no down on him. Unlike Fiedler who has had six years to learn the NFL game, this was AJ's first real starting job. Rememebr he only had 13 games starting since high school. That's not a lot of on the field experience. I expect him to get better. he got better as the year went on. He also had no running game, and no blocking. Every down the defense was lining up in maximum pressure and raining in on him. He was running for his life a lot. I think he proved in the NE game that he can be a fiery leader on the field, make clutch plays, and win ball games. He just needs some time and good coaching which he is now finally going to get.

I don't know if he is the answer, but he deserves another chance.

AJ & Frerotte will compete for the job but ultimately it made sense to get a QB who knows your O-Coordinator's system weather he plays or not. He would be just as valuable as a backup QB with a headset telling AJ what to blitz pickups and reads to expect on most plays. This is a very common practice around the league to have a backup veteran QB who knows the system and is like having an x-tra coach out there. it can only make the team better and is a very smart signing IMO. :yes:

jreg1 said:
where did i say i wanted to draft a qb?!?!?! in so many words i said our qb situation last year was bad!:fire: now if you are blinded by your love for feeley then that is to bad....he needs to improve like our coach said....if he was so good then why is gus there? the quarterback who knows the system!

MNFINFAN said:
Not only that if you read Konrad's Comments where he said that half of the picks thrown were due to the RB executing the wrong play and not being where he was supposed to be, and add the lack of time either QB had to hit a hot route (if there even was one) then its pretty easy to see why our O sucked, it was bad coaching of the RB, a crappy O-Line giving our QBs no time and ultimately it came down to Wanne and his stubborness for change. That is not going to happen this year, with better coaching, more stable line up and another year of experience for AJ.
\

^^^^^^What He said

There both awsome backs but i just think that if you want a back that can run, block, and catch, then Brown would average out better and he could do it with the best off them!

popularwar said:

Who said a rookie QB was going to come in and start? I've always stated that a rookie QB is an investment in the future. Feeley is due a $5 million plus roster bonus after next season. How much do you think he will have to improve to see that bonus? Far more than he is capable of if you asked me. If he's cut, then what? Start from scratch in 2006 when a QB could have been groomed this coming year?

Using Peyton Manning as an example is foolish. First, Peyton was a 22 year old rookie whereas AJ was a 27 year old 4 year veteran. Peyton passed for 26 TDs and 3739 yards compared to AJ's 11TDs and 1893 yards. Peyton's rating was 71.2 compared to AJ's 61.7. IMO the most telling stat for a QB is yards per attempt. As a rookie, Peyton averaged 6.5 yards per attempt whereas AJ averaged an appalling 5.3 yards per attempt.

Do some background before you make silly comparisons.

I agree the P. Manning comparison is foolish, but the yards per attempt is not a very good comparison either. AJ had no time last year which held down his yds. per attempt. He threw an enormous amount of short passes underneath to the tight end and IMO Chambers was used wrong last year as an underneath receiver due to the bad protection.
thepoolboy said:
Who said a rookie QB was going to come in and start? I've always stated that a rookie QB is an investment in the future. Feeley is due a $5 million plus roster bonus after next season. How much do you think he will have to improve to see that bonus? Far more than he is capable of if you asked me. If he's cut, then what? Start from scratch in 2006 when a QB could have been groomed this coming year?

Using Peyton Manning as an example is foolish. First, Peyton was a 22 year old rookie where as AJ was a 27 year old 4 year veteran. Peyton passed for 26 TDs and 3739 yards compared to AJ's 11TDs and 1893 yards. Peyton's rating was 71.2 compared to AJ's 61.7. IMO the most telling stat for a QB is yards per attempt. As a rookie, Peyton averaged 6.5 yards per attempt whereas AJ averaged an appalling 5.3 yards per attempt.

Do some background checking before you make silly comparisons.

thepoolboy said:
I would be more in agreement with you if Feeley's numbers were more decidedly average as opposed to down right pathetic. There is no excuse...none...for a QB rating of 61.7, a 11/15 TD to Int ratio and 5 int's returned for TDs.

Our rushing stats from week 11 on (when Feeley took over) were as follows...

11: 23-69
12: 26-49
13: 26-106
14: 22-70
15: 20-52
16: 25-116
17: 20-97

Those numbers show a team with an average running game, certainly not as bad as some here make it out to be and not much different than what we've come to expect in Miami. Even when the yards were low, the attempts were reasonable, which in and of itself would take pressure off of Feeley. The excuses for Feeley become less credible each day.

I don't expect to see those kind of rushing numbers in Miami. We may have been getting results like that since the Marino Era, but this is a new one. I expect to see results. I don't accept mediocrity. Attempts are not enough, we need the yards to come along with them. Draft a RB (Caddy or Brown).

P.S. Not bashing you, just an opinion.

Sorry but^^he's right....those #'s don't take the pressure off any QB, let alone one with maybe the worst pass blocking line in the league last year.

thepoolboy said:
I would be more in agreement with you if Feeley's numbers were more decidedly average as opposed to down right pathetic. There is no excuse...none...for a QB rating of 61.7, a 11/15 TD to Int ratio and 5 int's returned for TDs.

Our rushing stats from week 11 on (when Feeley took over) were as follows...

11: 23-69
12: 26-49
13: 26-106
14: 22-70
15: 20-52
16: 25-116
17: 20-97

Those numbers show a team with an average running game, certainly not as bad as some here make it out to be and not much different than what we've come to expect in Miami. Even when the yards were low, the attempts were reasonable, which in and of itself would take pressure off of Feeley. The excuses for Feeley become less credible each day.

csabe said:
I agree the P. Manning comparison is foolish, but the yards per attempt is not a very good comparison either. AJ had no time last year which held down his yds. per attempt. He threw an enormous amount of short passes underneath to the tight end and IMO Chambers was used wrong last year as an underneath receiver due to the bad protection.

Did you ever consider that they threw so many short passes because Feeley struggled to read defenses and due to that, the risk for int's was too great?

Many people here speak as if Feeley was under extreme pressure everytime he dropped back. That is just not true. As well, I've used the David Carr comparison (3.1 sacks per game compared to Feeley's 2.1) to illustrate Feeley's ineptitude. The excuses continue but the facts tell a different story.

Back
Top Bottom