For those who use the "Cadillac started so how is Ronnie B better?" debate. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For those who use the "Cadillac started so how is Ronnie B better?" debate.

csabe said:
Sorry but^^he's right....those #'s don't take the pressure off any QB, let alone one with maybe the worst pass blocking line in the league last year.

That's BS. You have three games where the running game is solid. Another game where the running game was average (by Dolphins standards) and three that are subpar but where adequate attempts were made.

Rushing attempts most certainly take pressure off the QB. A team's willingness to run (regardless of overall effectiveness) will always be respected by a defense

JHWAUEX said:
[font=&quot]As an [/font][font=&quot]Auburn[/font][font=&quot] fan perusing the NFL boards let me again clear this up! [/font]

Lets say you have 2 GREAT running backs. One is smaller and shifty, adequate hands and adequate blocking abilities. One is bigger, an excellent blocker and has arguably the BEST hands on the team. You decide you want them BOTH on the field at the same time. Which do you start the game with at Tailback and which do you start the game at the hybrid position that plays tailback/fullback/wide receiver/running back.

That is what we are dealing with here. We wanted to use them both, Ronnie was the most versatile. Cadillac could do the other things but not as well. Watch an Auburn game, you would be amazed how many times Ronnie shifted out of the backfield into a slot or wide out position.

It wasn't a matter of one being better than the other, it was a matter of optomizing their skills. That is why Cadillac always started at TB, because Ronnie was our X factor, he was the guy you HAD to gameplan against.

As a student the same age of Ronnie I've seen pretty much every snap he's taken at Auburn. As a fan of College and Pro football I can tell you he will be the most productive player taken in the top five.

Now don't think because I said RB was the "X" factor he is unfamiliar as TB. Ronnie has lined up plenty in the tailback position. After Caddy got hurt in 2002 he more or less ran for 1000 yards in six games. Including 163 yards at UF (pretty much all in the 2nd half) and 33 carries for 224 yards against Ole Miss. That was his lone time in his career without splitting carries with Carnell and he definitely shined. Last year he averaged roughly 13 carries a game and roughly 4 or 5 catches.

I promise you, if you get him, he'll be an all-pro before you can say "Ricky Williams smokes pot."

Good post!

JHWAUEX said:
[font=&quot]As an [/font][font=&quot]Auburn[/font][font=&quot] fan perusing the NFL boards let me again clear this up! [/font]

I promise you, if you get him, he'll be an all-pro before you can say "Ricky Williams smokes pot."

To change the subject a little, what do you think of Campbell your QB?, I really liked him the times I've seen him, he looks NFL ready.

Back
Top Bottom