For your viewing pleasure. A lot of these gave me chills | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For your viewing pleasure. A lot of these gave me chills

The rules changed…the amazing numbers he put up only were eclipsed with the rules changes of the early 2000’s….his numbers stood for over 20 years and he shattered the previous numbers!

Nothing against Brady or Manning or Brees…but they only started breaking his numbers after these changes!
None of those guys were even throwing for 30 TDs until the rules changed - I think Manning did 2x - then after the rule changes Brees, Brady, Manning etc threw 30-50 every year. Not the same game back then - what Dan did was more impressive in that era

My question is as follows: Take 1984 Duper and Clayton in a Time Machine and put them with Tua this year. Is our offense as good as it is now? Conversely, take Waddle and Tyreek in the same Time Machine and send them back to ‘84. Does Marino still shatter all those records?? Interesting thought exercise.
Marino with Tyreek could have been undefeated season #2

None of those guys were even throwing for 30 TDs until the rules changed - I think Manning did 2x - then after the rule changes Brees, Brady, Manning etc threw 30-50 every year. Not the same game back then - what Dan did was more impressive in that era
Absolutely…his 1984 season was the best QB regular season in history…by far stands out as extraordinary against the numbers of his era!

15 years later….1999…Kurt Warner and the greatest show on turf came the closest before the rules changes….and he was still 7 touchdown passes short and over 700 yards short.

God Danny was amazing. I'm so glad I got to see him when he played.

Oh and look Duper had to wait on a pass, guess Marino had a weak arm 🙄

Back
Top Bottom