For your viewing pleasure. A lot of these gave me chills | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For your viewing pleasure. A lot of these gave me chills

My question is as follows: Take 1984 Duper and Clayton in a Time Machine and put them with Tua this year. Is our offense as good as it is now? Conversely, take Waddle and Tyreek in the same Time Machine and send them back to ‘84. Does Marino still shatter all those records?? Interesting thought exercise.
If Dan had Hill and Waddle his records would never be broken.

I boot up the Marino - Bledsoe shootout from the 94 opening day about once a year.

Just an amazing game. 4th and 5.... going deep.

I was at that game. That 4th and 5 showed how big his balls were.
Only TV for me. That would be amazing to be in the crowd that day.

I remember screaming what the hell are you thinking when he let it rip and then moments later realizing I witnessed one of the biggest plays I have ever seen.

Only TV for me. That would be amazing to be in the crowd that day.

I remember screaming what the hell are you thinking when he let it rip and then moments later realizing I witnessed one of the biggest plays I have ever seen.
It poured that day and I was soaked. I remember it like it was yesterday. He hit Irving Fryer deep and in stride with a wet football on that 4th down. Not too many could do that.

I wouldn't trade watching 17 years of Dan Marino QB the Dolphins for a Super bowl win, ever.

Danny couldn't throw from the same angles as Mahomes, nor was he as good at throwing across his body. Mahomes is a freak, he makes passes nobody in the history of the game has.
You’re kidding right?? Just a little FYI….Dan Was drafted in 1979 in the 4th round by the Kansas City Royals as a pitcher. Marino could make any throw. Period. He just didn’t have to throw across his body or throw from different angles. So again…..You’re wrong.

You’re kidding right?? Just a little FYI….Dan Was drafted in 1979 in the 4th round by the Kansas City Royals as a pitcher. Marino could make any throw. Period. He just didn’t have to throw across his body or throw from different angles. So again…..You’re wrong.
He didn't have to? He didn't have to throw all of those bonehead interception
Incorrect but whatever. Mahomes has thrown 70 yard air balls on more than one occasion. The longest I ever saw Marino throw was 60 yards in the air. There you go - he cannot make that 70 yard bomb to Hill.

He didn't have to? He didn't have to throw all of those bonehead interception

Incorrect but whatever. Mahomes has thrown 70 yard air balls on more than one occasion. The longest I ever saw Marino throw was 60 yards in the air. There you go - he cannot make that 70 yard bomb to Hill.
Not exactly. https://sportsnaut.com/longest-football-throws-in-history/

Im a Mahomes fan, but throwing the ball off platform isnt exactly a good thing. Many times he is just lucky that the ball is completed rather than being picked off.

Throwing the ball more than 60 yards in the air is a crap shoot anyway. Those passes arent usually accurate, and generally have enough hang time that defenders can get to the ball just as quickly as the receiver.

so easily the best ever. Heads and shoulders above the pretenders. And THEY KNOW IT!

His accuracy on the deep ball (AND everywhere else) was beyond amazing.

You didn't have to be "open" for Dan to get you the ball where only you could get it.

In todays game, surrounded by top talent -- he would be utterly unstoppable -- to the point the league would have to change the rules.

Back
Top Bottom