Forced to make my first post. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Forced to make my first post.

ncfinsfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hello to all I have been reading this site for the past year or so and have gotten lots of info good and bad.
I am writing because I am tired of the fair weather fan. I grew up loving the Dolphins my dad is a fan. I used to get pissed off because if they were losing he would give up on them. He still gives up on them and it still pisses me off..
There has never been a game I thought they would lose Until they did lose.:(
I have never turned a game off untill it was over....
I guess what I am saying is I feel like alot of you have given up on the team we are supposed to support.
This team needs us now more then ever. No one man not even Ricky is going to make me lose hope. This team is not about one man it is about all men on the team offense and defense special teams and coaches management and owners and most of all us the fans... The only way Ricky leaving will hurt us is if mangement and ownes do not make the proper adjustments.
Now lets get ready for the season the season nobody expects us to win the season each player makes the next that much better.
Adversity causes some men to break and other men to break records!!!!!!

With Wannstedt, I expect this team to just completely break down. October 15 (my guess on his final day as Dolphins coddler^H^H^H^H^Hcoach) cannot come soon enough.

Have you not been informed of the two groups? There are the fans that think we still have a good shot. And then there fans(i have another name for em) that think because Ricky(our anchor) has left us that we don't have a snowballs chance in hell.

I still think we have a shot. It seems as if some people are fans of the Dolphins because Ricky came along. I was a Dolfan before Ricky, and will continue to be one long after Ricky.

We made playoffs with no running game our first two years under Wanny and now we have a more talented team...so who says we can't do it?

Hey, I was a DolFan since '91, when my dad took me to the Fins-Oilers game when I was 7 (I've been hooked ever since). Let me tell you this: since 1998, Wayne has been in my doghouse for what he did to the Marlins. He sucks as an owner, and I would not hesitate to put him in the same breath as Mike Brown, the Bidwells, Donald Sterling, and the Selig family.

Moreover, I've seen this play out before at Duke. My freshman year, we went winless for the second season in a row. My sophomore year, we won only two games, AND THE FRIGGIN' ATHLETIC DIRECTOR GAVE THE COACH A FRIGGIN' EXTENSION!!! Shawn Johnson (our All-ACC DE) said "Screw this" and left for Delaware (where he was key in helping the team to a I-AA championship). On top of that, the coach had the motivational skills of a slug (somebody stop me if this starts hitting too close to home), and BAM!! before you know it, we get embarassed Opening Night against UVA and their SECOND-STRING QB, were not even competitive against a mediocre Northwestern team, then proceed to be BLOWN OUT 42-0 AT HALFTIME against a mediocre Wake Forest team AT HOME!! Carl Franks (the coach) was essentially a goner at that point, and everyone knew it. It's gonna take a LONG time to undo the damage he did (although Ted Roof seems to have ended the shell game that was 14 years of Duke Football).

Just like I essentially called Franks a Dead Man Walking last season since Week 1, I am slapping the label on Wanny this season BEFORE Week 1.

It's funny, last year the Pats lost on of their prime leaders on the team in Malloy, went out got blown out their first game..and only went to the sb and won..the team was down the first game after the trade, but rebounded. We have other RB's on this team that are more talented than any of our starters prior to Ricky..so I think we're at least at the Lamar Smith level and that isn't all that bad to me.

MDFINFAN said:
It's funny, last year the Pats lost on of their prime leaders on the team in Malloy, went out got blown out their first game..and only went to the sb and won..the team was down the first game after the trade, but rebounded. We have other RB's on this team that are more talented than any of our starters prior to Ricky..so I think we're at least at the Lamar Smith level and that isn't all that bad to me.
Milloy although was a huge team leader and great player for the Pats, he was not as important as Ricky was to the Phins offense. The Pats did not build there D around Milloy. It was also the organizations choice to let him go. Milloy did not leave them high and dry.

ncfinsfan said:
Hello to all I have been reading this site for the past year or so and have gotten lots of info good and bad.
I am writing because I am tired of the fair weather fan. I grew up loving the Dolphins my dad is a fan. I used to get pissed off because if they were losing he would give up on them. He still gives up on them and it still pisses me off..
There has never been a game I thought they would lose Until they did lose.:(
I have never turned a game off untill it was over....
I guess what I am saying is I feel like alot of you have given up on the team we are supposed to support.
This team needs us now more then ever. No one man not even Ricky is going to make me lose hope. This team is not about one man it is about all men on the team offense and defense special teams and coaches management and owners and most of all us the fans... The only way Ricky leaving will hurt us is if mangement and ownes do not make the proper adjustments.
Now lets get ready for the season the season nobody expects us to win the season each player makes the next that much better.
Adversity causes some men to break and other men to break records!!!!!!

ALRIGHT MEN!!!! LETS GO WIN ONE FOR THE GIPPER! :cooldude: Just joking, ur absolutely right. Glad to see another glass half full-er

Back
Top Bottom