Forget about Wade! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Forget about Wade!

phinfan2003

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
In my opinion, I don't think the phins should give into the demands by Wade and his agent of 5 yrs/25 Million. What did he do last year that makes him deserve that? I'd rather put the money into the middle of the line or into the LT. He wants LT money. We can sign someone else for cheaper at the RT or move Wade Smith (who played RT while he was in college) to RT if we can find a better LT.

Originally posted by phinfan2003
I We can sign someone else for cheaper at the RT or move Wade Smith (who played RT while he was in college) to RT if we can find a better LT.

The free agent tackle market is very slim and it looks as though the only real prospects will be getting more money than Todd.

If you move Wade Smith from LT you now have a bigger problem...

Who is your LT?

move wade smith there sign derrick deece for a year bubye todd wade

Originally posted by stan marino
Cant we still sign Tait??

We can, but Tait is a transition free agent, which gives KC the right to match, and we'd have to give up compensation for him. Not sure how much, but I think it's a first rounder.

Originally posted by phunwin

We can, but Tait is a transition free agent, which gives KC the right to match, and we'd have to give up compensation for him. Not sure how much, but I think it's a first rounder.

There's no compensation for a Transition player

Guys, get it thru your head, Wade Smith will start at LT. I'll say it again, the guy we need at RT is Tony Pape and that's all I'm gonna say about that.

Ozzy rules!!

Draft Max Starks in second round when you trade down and get Jake Grove. :D

Originally posted by finfan54
Draft Max Starks in second round when you trade down and get Jake Grove. :D

I took Grove for ya at #20 in a mock draft

This kid is gonna be a supastar

Greg Randall from the Texans or Travis Claridge coming back from an injury with the Falcons are likely the only other two ORT's out there who would not be a major step backward if we lose Todd Wade. I think letting him test the waters is the only wy to get his salary expectations back down to earth. The NFL record for a ORT's signing bonus is, I believe, only 7 or 8 million dollars. Once Wade's agent sees his client's offers coming in at 18-22 million for five years with a 5-7 million dollar bonus, Spielman will get to him sign and stay.

Back
Top Bottom