Forget Smith...Go for Croyle | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Forget Smith...Go for Croyle

UCFinfan

Starter
Reaction score
I was beginning to think that taking smith would be a great opportunity because we probably won't get a chance at Leinhart next year but someone reminded me that Brodie Croyle will be entering the draft next year. He has been coached by Mike Shula, so we know he's got some good coaching already. He is 6'3" and 205lbs.I know he is coming off of a knee injury, and we should see how he does next year....but
Now, I think we should give Feeley a chance this year, then if he doesn't perform how we would like him to, we go for Croyle or another good QB next year. This would give us either Braylon or Ronnie this year. What do you guys think about Croyle?

If frerotte wasn't going to be our start this season, I'd agree with you. But we hold no loyalties to feeley, so drafting a QB for our future sounds smart.

It would be drafting a QB for our future........just in the future.

As a BAMA alum,I'd love to take a chance on Brodie,If he could stay healthy and
put a little weight on,he could be a sleeper.Plus Nick knows him well.

Saban4prez said:
If frerotte wasn't going to be our start this season, I'd agree with you. But we hold no loyalties to feeley, so drafting a QB for our future sounds smart.

OMG... Frerotte isnt going to START! That is all speculation.. You make it sound like Saban just threw Feeley out in the wastebasket already.

SkapePhin said:
OMG... Frerotte isnt going to START! That is all speculation.. You make it sound like Saban just threw Feeley out in the wastebasket already.

im all for drafting a qb, haha sorry. I'd love it if feeley was gone already. Here's hoping he makes an a** out of me. I wouldn't mind that either.

he gets hurt a lot, lets see if he can stay healthy at least one season before we put all our hopes and dreams into him, haha

Hey Boomer or KB
What do you think of Brodie Croyles potential??

I'm sorry but I just can't believe anyone would even let this thought cross their mind!

This guy is the picture that you see when you look up "Knee Injury" in the dictionary! He has been HURT more than he has actually played, and being only 205 lbs., that is understandable. I mean, come ON, he just is not robust enough to survive in this league, PLUS, he's not that talented to begin with. He is nothing but a overhyped product of the most arrogant, spoiled, self-prepossessed fan base in America (bama fans). He is not even CLOSE to being an NFL prospect.

A.J. Feeley looks Marino-esque compared to this guy. Pass!

Namor said:
Hey Boomer or KB
What do you think of Brodie Croyles potential??

If he could ever stay healthy, he has the tools to be great. When healthy last season, he was probably the best quarterback in the SEC. Had he not gotten injured, chances are great that Alabama would have finished the season 10-1 or 9-2. Losing him was a big blow to that team.

However, he's been hurt a lot. He's listed at 205 lbs, but he's probably more like 195 lbs. He's very thin, and he just hasn't held up well to the rigors of the SEC in terms of health.

Over-hyped ???coming from a Gator fan with all them former Spurrior QB's that
really shined in the NFL.

Danny Wuerffel had a much better NFL career than Jay Barker, and Barker was the best bama QB in the last 25 years (which isn't saying much). The thought of Croyle in the NFL is more laughable than the thought of McPherson or David Greene making it. BTW I don't necessarily think Chris Leak will make it either.

Namath,Starr or Stabler.....and the HOF gator QB's are???

I'll adnit that Namath, Starr and Stabler were good NFL QBs...

...once they graduated and got some decent COACHING in the NFL. ;)

Seriously, though, Croyle is lacking severely in the NFL potential front.

Back
Top Bottom