Forget the Trades, Speculation & Delusion - This is what will happen: | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Forget the Trades, Speculation & Delusion - This is what will happen:

Da 'Fins

FinHeaven VIP
Club Member
Reaction score
It is amazing how many freak out over a report. As several sane minds have been trying to note for days - the facts are:

1) we will almost certainly not be able to trade down.

2) it is still likely certain that Alex Smith is going to be the 1st pick by SF. Regardless of the contract situation.

3) it is 50/50 at best that we will trade Surtain, even as KC contemplates the trade through noon tomorrow. The Dolphins should feel lucky and blessed if it happens.

Is there a chance these won't happen? Yes. But the chance is remote.

So, let's just face it. Miami will have five picks. With the first pick, Saban will take the best player on the board. It will likely be Edwards, R. Brown, or Smith (only if SF commits a bonehead move).

Now, you can WAKE UP from all the fantasies. We might as well be talking about our chances with Katherine Zeta Jones or Angelina Jolie. It's nice to think about, but it "ain't happenin!"

Da 'Fins said:
It is amazing how many freak out over a report. As several sane minds have been trying to note for days - the facts are:

2) it is still likely certain that Alex Smith is going to be the 1st pick by SF. Regardless of the contract situation.

3) it is 50/50 at best that we will trade Surtain, even as KC contemplates the trade through noon tomorrow. The Dolphins should feel lucky and blessed if it happens.

So, let's just face it. Miami will have five picks. With the first pick, Saban will take the best player on the board. It will likely be Edwards, R. Brown, or Smith (only if SF commits a bonehead move).

Now, you can WAKE UP from all the fantasies. We might as well be talking about our chances with Katherine Zeta Jones or Angelina Jolie. It's nice to think about, but it "ain't happenin!"

I'm predicting Rodgers will be the #1 pick and all this Alex Smith talk is BS in order to garner up interest by other teams to trade down a couple picks to get Rodgers and also extra picks.

It's ALL speculation...I can't wait till Saturday.:lol:

Da 'Fins said:

I was going to respond about the trades, but I forgot. I was blinded by the delusional speculation...J/K

Da 'Fins said:

You just spent 7 paragraphs speculating on why we should'nt speculate anymore....I want my minute back.

unifiedtheory said:
You just spent 7 paragraphs speculating on why we should'nt speculate anymore....I want my minute back.

You read the whole thing ?

Actually I spent a few sentences (not paragraphs) stating the reality of what will happen.

Would you prefer - "hey, I heard something on the radio in the car, just the last part of it, that the Redskins are going to trade the rest of their draft to us for the #2 pick!!!"

Now, let me tell you who we should pick with those new picks we are SURE to Have:

That's probably more like what you've been speculating. Must have it a nerve.

What I did do, was debunk the speculation and stick with the reality.

Rodgers is still going to be the 49ers pick. It has been their pick all along. You're just falling into the speculation that you're telling us not to.

Da 'Fins said:

I feel so down now, thanks for bursting my bubble! :mad:

j/k :lol:

Back
Top Bottom