Forgiving football players | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Forgiving football players

enigmatics

Go get me a juice box!
Joined
Mar 3, 2004
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
19
Age
42
Location
Arizona
............I'm beginning to sense that Ricky apologists are just downright greedy football fans. Well, the majority of them for that matter. The only ones who's opinions I respect are the ones who speak from the perspective that they know what it's like to suffer the mental setbacks Ricky does.

I love the "Man, can you imagnie Ricky and Ronnie together? Oh man....now that we got Boston, Houck is teaching the O-line, we're not rebuilding, we could be unstoppable!!!" ................. It's just greedy, fantasy football fodder. I still can't believe that to this day practically none of the apologist have laid out exactly what they feel is necessarily for Ricky to do in order to address the team and the fanbase for what transpired last season. "Oh he'll just put up a 150 yard 2 TD game and then everyone will be satisfied." Everyone huh? I know I won't. So speak for yourself. I'm not feeble enough to jump on a bandwagon quite like that one. Besides, that doesn't mean a thing, I saw the man put up 1,800 monster yards in a season and it got us nowhere. That's why it's a team game.

After the season we had last season, I think some unthoughtful, naive Fin fans would sell their souls for a division title and SB Championship. It's just downright sad. I'm not 100% opposed to Ricky. However, I am 100% opposed to just letting the man waltz back into the lockeroom without having addressed the situation and be a man and due something to, in the least, let everyone know what was really going on and what he's going to do to change. Otherwise he's just little Bo Peep who lost his sheep.
 

WitheringPlant

Seasoned Veteran
Joined
May 15, 2005
Messages
1,136
Reaction score
3
enigmatics said:
............I'm beginning to sense that Ricky apologists are just downright greedy football fans. Well, the majority of them for that matter. The only ones who's opinions I respect are the ones who speak from the perspective that they know what it's like to suffer the mental setbacks Ricky does.

I love the "Man, can you imagnie Ricky and Ronnie together? Oh man....now that we got Boston, Houck is teaching the O-line, we're not rebuilding, we could be unstoppable!!!" ................. It's just greedy, fantasy football fodder. I still can't believe that to this day practically none of the apologist have laid out exactly what they feel is necessarily for Ricky to do in order to address the team and the fanbase for what transpired last season. "Oh he'll just put up a 150 yard 2 TD game and then everyone will be satisfied." Everyone huh? I know I won't. So speak for yourself. I'm not feeble enough to jump on a bandwagon quite like that one. Besides, that doesn't mean a thing, I saw the man put up 1,800 monster yards in a season and it got us nowhere. That's why it's a team game.

After the season we had last season, I think some unthoughtful, naive Fin fans would sell their souls for a division title and SB Championship. It's just downright sad. I'm not 100% opposed to Ricky. However, I am 100% opposed to just letting the man waltz back into the lockeroom without having addressed the situation and be a man and due something to, in the least, let everyone know what was really going on and what he's going to do to change. Otherwise he's just little Bo Peep who lost his sheep.
Isn't winning the ultimate goal of the game? Or am I just crazy? The players don't have to like each other. They don't even have to respect each other. All they have to do is PLAY together.
 

Schleprock

Mad and Surt...Legendary
Club Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2004
Messages
4,026
Reaction score
1,590
Age
44
Location
MD
enigmatics said:
............I'm beginning to sense that Ricky apologists are just downright greedy football fans. Well, the majority of them for that matter. The only ones who's opinions I respect are the ones who speak from the perspective that they know what it's like to suffer the mental setbacks Ricky does.

I love the "Man, can you imagnie Ricky and Ronnie together? Oh man....now that we got Boston, Houck is teaching the O-line, we're not rebuilding, we could be unstoppable!!!" ................. It's just greedy, fantasy football fodder. I still can't believe that to this day practically none of the apologist have laid out exactly what they feel is necessarily for Ricky to do in order to address the team and the fanbase for what transpired last season. "Oh he'll just put up a 150 yard 2 TD game and then everyone will be satisfied." Everyone huh? I know I won't. So speak for yourself. I'm not feeble enough to jump on a bandwagon quite like that one. Besides, that doesn't mean a thing, I saw the man put up 1,800 monster yards in a season and it got us nowhere. That's why it's a team game.

After the season we had last season, I think some unthoughtful, naive Fin fans would sell their souls for a division title and SB Championship. It's just downright sad. I'm not 100% opposed to Ricky. However, I am 100% opposed to just letting the man waltz back into the lockeroom without having addressed the situation and be a man and due something to, in the least, let everyone know what was really going on and what he's going to do to change. Otherwise he's just little Bo Peep who lost his sheep.
Well....I think a lot of the people who are severly hating on Ricky need to take some of your medicine to. It's pretty damn easy for all these people to call RW names, say what a bad person he is, etc. But I sure as heck would bet a large some of money if someone asked them "Would you like to be bi-polar/have social anxiety disorder?" They said "HELL NO!!" And they also sit and say that Ricky's mental problems are an excuse....which clearly shows they have no clue about his disorder.

I know it's a message board, I know it doesn't affect my life really, but as a human being it aggravates me to see so many damn people LITERALLY hate someone because they changed their mind a couple times (let alone someone who is KNOWN to get "scared" and afraid when the spotlight falls on them) . THESE ARE THE PEOPLE who are being GREEDY and self-absorbed. They just can't move on and give a second chance to someone on a football team they follow. If it happens a second time, then by all means flame away, because obviously the person didn't learn...but at least give a non-felon a second chance :rolleyes:
 

PHINATIC13

Starter
Joined
May 26, 2004
Messages
5,476
Reaction score
1
Location
Los Angeles,CA
Nice post enigmatics.................................Just for the record I'm against RW coming back,but if it's Saban's wish(sure hope he thinks it through)I will root FOR THE TEAM as a whole not RW personally no matter how well he plays.


enigmatics said:
............I'm beginning to sense that Ricky apologists are just downright greedy football fans. Well, the majority of them for that matter. The only ones who's opinions I respect are the ones who speak from the perspective that they know what it's like to suffer the mental setbacks Ricky does.

I love the "Man, can you imagnie Ricky and Ronnie together? Oh man....now that we got Boston, Houck is teaching the O-line, we're not rebuilding, we could be unstoppable!!!" ................. It's just greedy, fantasy football fodder. I still can't believe that to this day practically none of the apologist have laid out exactly what they feel is necessarily for Ricky to do in order to address the team and the fanbase for what transpired last season. "Oh he'll just put up a 150 yard 2 TD game and then everyone will be satisfied." Everyone huh? I know I won't. So speak for yourself. I'm not feeble enough to jump on a bandwagon quite like that one. Besides, that doesn't mean a thing, I saw the man put up 1,800 monster yards in a season and it got us nowhere. That's why it's a team game.

After the season we had last season, I think some unthoughtful, naive Fin fans would sell their souls for a division title and SB Championship. It's just downright sad. I'm not 100% opposed to Ricky. However, I am 100% opposed to just letting the man waltz back into the lockeroom without having addressed the situation and be a man and due something to, in the least, let everyone know what was really going on and what he's going to do to change. Otherwise he's just little Bo Peep who lost his sheep.
 

enigmatics

Go get me a juice box!
Joined
Mar 3, 2004
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
19
Age
42
Location
Arizona
WitheringPlant said:
Isn't winning the ultimate goal of the game? Or am I just crazy? The players don't have to like each other. They don't even have to respect each other. All they have to do is PLAY together.

Lol.......... Who says Ricky is the end all, tell all to winning? We can win without the man. You seem to be under the impression we cannot.

Not only that but Ricky sure isn't doing what it takes to "play well" together when he gets up in front of the team and speaks about being the leader on the team only to up and bolt in a huge cloud of smoke (no pun intended). That's not what I call "playing well together."
 

enigmatics

Go get me a juice box!
Joined
Mar 3, 2004
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
19
Age
42
Location
Arizona
Schleprock said:
Well....I think a lot of the people who are severly hating on Ricky need to take some of your medicine to. It's pretty damn easy for all these people to call RW names, say what a bad person he is, etc. But I sure as heck would bet a large some of money if someone asked them "Would you like to be bi-polar/have social anxiety disorder?" They said "HELL NO!!" And they also sit and say that Ricky's mental problems are an excuse....which clearly shows they have no clue about his disorder.

I know it's a message board, I know it doesn't affect my life really, but as a human being it aggravates me to see so many damn people LITERALLY hate someone because they changed their mind a couple times (let alone someone who is KNOWN to get "scared" and afraid when the spotlight falls on them) . THESE ARE THE PEOPLE who are being GREEDY and self-absorbed. They just can't move on and give a second chance to someone on a football team they follow. If it happens a second time, then by all means flame away, because obviously the person didn't learn...but at least give a non-felon a second chance :rolleyes:

True......but I'm not hating.........I'm coherently stating if the situation ocurrs, and I have no say in it like the rest of you, I'd hope to see the guy do something.........anything...........to explain what happened and what he's going to do different this time around. It's called the court of public opinion and he's not seperate from it.
 

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up with Fire!
Super Donator
Club Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2004
Messages
45,407
Reaction score
35,461
Age
57
Location
So Cal
PHINATIC13 said:
Nice post enigmatics.................................Just for the record I'm against RW coming back,but if it's Saban's wish(sure hope he thinks it through)I will root FOR THE TEAM as a whole not RW personally no matter how well he plays.
I like what you both had to say. I am against Ricky coming back. I also will go crazy for the team, and not Ricky.
 

Schleprock

Mad and Surt...Legendary
Club Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2004
Messages
4,026
Reaction score
1,590
Age
44
Location
MD
enigmatics said:
True......but I'm not hating.........I'm coherently stating if the situation ocurrs, and I have no say in it like the rest of you, I'd hope to see the guy do something.........anything...........to explain what happened and what he's going to do different this time around. It's called the court of public opinion and he's not seperate from it.
I think it is really really clear what happened to cause this all, but of course, all the Ricky haters would say no way...it simply has to do with pot...which I completely don't think it did.

I think there are three major reasons Ricky quite, but Ricky won't really say them because he even knows it's not right especially if he is coming back.

IMO..
1. RW couldn't stand Wanny, knew he was going to get run into the ground again, and saw that the offensive scheme was a cluster#*&@ for the upcoming season.
2. Ricky knew he had a failed drug test coming, which scared him that it would go public.
3. Training camp got close, he got very ANXIOUS because he has SOCIAL ANXIETY DISORDER and when the thoughts went racing through his body that he was busted, it was going to go public, the offense looks like crap, he can't stand Wanny, and practice was ready to start in a couple days...he bailed! This is EXACTLY the behavior of a person with social anxiety disorder.

From there he went into a shell, trying to hide but also trying to be a bit strong and provide answers, none of which he knew. Meanwhile he was getting pummelled by everyone verbally and he just tangled his own thoughts in anxiety and fear...which made him sound even more crazy. All these jokes about RW and pot by people...come on, are you all naive to think that there are not 100's of other NFL, NBA , and MLB players who are probably worse than RW?

No one is seeing the big picture, this whole ordeal is a classic case of social anxiety coming out of remission. That is what is at the center of this all. But meanwhile people bash away at him like he did this all to tick them off and sit back on his phat yacht sticking it to them.
 

yankeehillbilly

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
May 7, 2004
Messages
4,630
Reaction score
2
Age
56
Location
Smackdab in the middle of Hoosierland
Schleprock said:
I think it is really really clear what happened to cause this all, but of course, all the Ricky haters would say no way...it simply has to do with pot...which I completely don't think it did.

I think there are three major reasons Ricky quite, but Ricky won't really say them because he even knows it's not right especially if he is coming back.

IMO..
1. RW couldn't stand Wanny, knew he was going to get run into the ground again, and saw that the offensive scheme was a cluster#*&@ for the upcoming season.
2. Ricky knew he had a failed drug test coming, which scared him that it would go public.
3. Training camp got close, he got very ANXIOUS because he has SOCIAL ANXIETY DISORDER and when the thoughts went racing through his body that he was busted, it was going to go public, the offense looks like crap, he can't stand Wanny, and practice was ready to start in a couple days...he bailed! This is EXACTLY the behavior of a person with social anxiety disorder.

From there he went into a shell, trying to hide but also trying to be a bit strong and provide answers, none of which he knew. Meanwhile he was getting pummelled by everyone verbally and he just tangled his own thoughts in anxiety and fear...which made him sound even more crazy. All these jokes about RW and pot by people...come on, are you all naive to think that there are not 100's of other NFL, NBA , and MLB players who are probably worse than RW?

No one is seeing the big picture, this whole ordeal is a classic case of social anxiety coming out of remission. That is what is at the center of this all. But meanwhile people bash away at him like he did this all to tick them off and sit back on his phat yacht sticking it to them.

1.Ricky probably couldnt stand Wanny....that just makes him like everyone else...but as for being overused, Ricky chose that workload.
2.He did have his 3rd failed test coming up....which makes you wonder, why didnt he quit smoking dope after his first failed test? Weed more important to Ricky than football?
3. SAD probably does have a lot to do with Ricky's behavior. So what? I really dont care WHY Ricky is unreliable, only that he is. The bottom line is...does Ricky's illness, whatever that illness may be, affect his performance? Its kinda hard to perform when you are sitting in a smoke filled tent in Australia.
 

DaMiAmIDoLpHiNz

Active Roster
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
610
Reaction score
4
Location
San Jose, CA
yankeehillbilly said:
3. SAD probably does have a lot to do with Ricky's behavior. So what? I really dont care WHY Ricky is unreliable, only that he is. The bottom line is...does Ricky's illness, whatever that illness may be, affect his performance?

Thats pretty low and F***ed up man. You are showing no compassion for another human being. You should try living in his shoes for ode day before talking sh*t about him. You dont know what he has to go through.
 

knight6jb

Pro Bowler
Joined
Jul 18, 2004
Messages
1,229
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Location
Orlando, Fl
enigmatics said:
............I'm beginning to sense that Ricky apologists are just downright greedy football fans. Well, the majority of them for that matter. The only ones who's opinions I respect are the ones who speak from the perspective that they know what it's like to suffer the mental setbacks Ricky does.

I love the "Man, can you imagnie Ricky and Ronnie together? Oh man....now that we got Boston, Houck is teaching the O-line, we're not rebuilding, we could be unstoppable!!!" ................. It's just greedy, fantasy football fodder. I still can't believe that to this day practically none of the apologist have laid out exactly what they feel is necessarily for Ricky to do in order to address the team and the fanbase for what transpired last season. "Oh he'll just put up a 150 yard 2 TD game and then everyone will be satisfied." Everyone huh? I know I won't. So speak for yourself. I'm not feeble enough to jump on a bandwagon quite like that one. Besides, that doesn't mean a thing, I saw the man put up 1,800 monster yards in a season and it got us nowhere. That's why it's a team game.

After the season we had last season, I think some unthoughtful, naive Fin fans would sell their souls for a division title and SB Championship. It's just downright sad. I'm not 100% opposed to Ricky. However, I am 100% opposed to just letting the man waltz back into the lockeroom without having addressed the situation and be a man and due something to, in the least, let everyone know what was really going on and what he's going to do to change. Otherwise he's just little Bo Peep who lost his sheep.

For all you cry babies, saying ricky did this to us or that to us.....blah blah blah.....to us, he didnt do anything to you, did he hurt you, physically or mentally??? hey how about emotionally, NO! How about this one.... do you know Ricky personally??? No i highly doubt it! Do you know his reason, his true reason for not playing last year for the phins??? No you dont! Stop your bitching, and let what happens, happen! If it is better for the team, which it is, then shut up and stop crying and let it be.
 

King Nate

His Majesty
Joined
Feb 7, 2005
Messages
4,183
Reaction score
0
Location
Orlando, Florida
knight6jb said:
For all you cry babies, saying ricky did this to us or that to us.....blah blah blah.....to us, he didnt do anything to you, did he hurt you, physically or mentally??? hey how about emotionally, NO! How about this one.... do you know Ricky personally??? No i highly doubt it! Do you know his reason, his true reason for not playing last year for the phins??? No you dont! Stop your bitching, and let what happens, happen! If it is better for the team, which it is, then shut up and stop crying and let it be.

How insightful of you. I have never heard any of that before. Wow. When you put it like that it makes me want to invite him over to my house for a pool party and then let him sleep with my sister. You've changed my views, man, you've changed my views. I LOVE RICKY WILLIAMS!

End sarcasm.
 

knight6jb

Pro Bowler
Joined
Jul 18, 2004
Messages
1,229
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Location
Orlando, Fl
kingnate85 said:
How insightful of you. I have never heard any of that before. Wow. When you put it like that it makes me want to invite him over to my house for a pool party and then let him sleep with my sister. You've changed my views, man, you've changed my views. I LOVE RICKY WILLIAMS!

End sarcasm.
So what exactly did he do to you??? did he end your life? God forbid he wanted to quit his job for some obvious reasons. He should be executed for it, right? Seriously, what did he do that is so horrible for all of you to hate him so freakin much?? Oh no, he ruined you NFL season? we had wanny anyway, we werent going anywhere....
 

King Nate

His Majesty
Joined
Feb 7, 2005
Messages
4,183
Reaction score
0
Location
Orlando, Florida
knight6jb said:
So what exactly did he do to you??? did he end your life? God forbid he wanted to quit his job for some obvious reasons. He should be executed for it, right? Seriously, what did he do that is so horrible for all of you to hate him so freakin much?? Oh no, he ruined you NFL season? we had wanny anyway, we werent going anywhere....

Well he didn't just "ruin" the season for the Phins he quit on them. It would have been different if he played and didn't play well, I wouldn't hate him. He left at the worst possible time without any indication. He left the rest of the team high and dry. I can't believe that you hate Wannstedt. He was the one that brought your beloved Ricky to Miami in the first place. Ricky should have realized that he made or broke the team and that it was his obligation to play the season and then decide if retirement was right for him. And yes, he did harm me. He was my favorite player. I looked to him to be a leader. And when he quit, he quit on all of those people who looked up to him too, and that includes me.
 

knight6jb

Pro Bowler
Joined
Jul 18, 2004
Messages
1,229
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Location
Orlando, Fl
kingnate85 said:
Well he didn't just "ruin" the season for the Phins he quit on them. It would have been different if he played and didn't play well, I wouldn't hate him. He left at the worst possible time without any indication. He left the rest of the team high and dry. I can't believe that you hate Wannstedt. He was the one that brought your beloved Ricky to Miami in the first place. Ricky should have realized that he made or broke the team and that it was his obligation to play the season and then decide if retirement was right for him. And yes, he did harm me. He was my favorite player. I looked to him to be a leader. And when he quit, he quit on all of those people who looked up to him too, and that includes me.

I agree Ricky left at the wrong time, right before training camp was freakin horrible, but he didnt leave you or me hanging, he left the dolphins as a team hanging, not any of us. He does not have any obligation to us as fans, to his teammates, yea b/c they all bust their *** day in and day out. But what the hell does he have any obligation to you for?
 
Top Bottom