Forgot About The Darnold Vs. Rosen Rivalry | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Forgot About The Darnold Vs. Rosen Rivalry

To have a legitimate rivalry, there needs to be extended amount of playing on a winning team and playoff games. Neither qb is anywhere near those goals for the foreseeable future. Until then it's just a game between two division rivals with very young qb's that have potential.

At the end of the day all this QB vs QB is just talk. Rosen would be going up against their defense and Darlnold against ours. Neither one of them can stop the other team's offense.
So you already know what the 2019 version of the Jets and Dolphins defense will look like? You know who the Jets drafted?

So you already know what the 2019 version of the Jets and Dolphins defense will look like? You know who the Jets drafted?
Sorry but if you can't understand what I'm trying to say then there's no point on going on here.

That's true but Rosen played poorly in the 2015 game against USC when the opposing quarterback was Cody Kessler. That was a much better UCLA team than 2017. UCLA was only a small underdog but got blown out 40-21. Rosen threw a couple of interceptions and completed only half his throws.

Granted, he was only a freshman but as a USC alum I remember being surprised that Rosen didn't step up in that game.

Rosen had several midseason injuries during 2016 so he missed the end of the season and the first opportunity to go head to head against Darnold.

Thanks for the added info, but it has nothing to do with the subject. The Rosen Darnold rivalry.

Sorry but if you can't understand what I'm trying to say then there's no point on going on here.

I'm a little bit slow. They always advertised Brady vs. Peyton never Richard Seymour or Rodney Harrison vs Dwight Freeney. Yes, Rosen and Darnold don't play defense.... But it is a QB driven league. (For marketing purposes)

I'm a little bit slow. They always advertised Brady vs. Peyton never Richard Seymour or Rodney Harrison vs Dwight Freeney. Yes, Rosen and Darnold don't play defense.... But it is a QB driven league. (For marketing purposes)
Oh I understand what you’re saying. I only meant that the QB plays the other team defense

Gregg Williams was a hell of a DC back in the day and he does have a great way of getting players to force turnovers.

Since the passing offense it Jas rendered him ineffective since his philosophies have become outdated. Look at the passing defense stats in Cleveland. Plus his super-alpha persona won't mesh with Gase's. The big hire is not always the right one

Thanks for the insight, makes me feel better about this. I'm just hoping there won't be enough room for Gase's and Williams' egos to coexist together. Hehe we'll find out soon enough.

At the end of the day all this QB vs QB is just talk. Rosen would be going up against their defense and Darlnold against ours. Neither one of them can stop the other team's offense.
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who recognizes this is the situation.

NY is a pressure cooker and their fans have no patience and no mercy. When things go south in NY, and they will, the press will crush Gase to within an inch of his life. He'll call some crazy play and get Darnold injured! How do you think that would go over for Adam? He's going to get beat up in NY. Of course, if he turns Darnold into Joe Willie then Gase will be a folk hero but it's more likely he turns him into Browning Nagle or far worse. Tannehill clearly regressed in a big way under Gase so I don't buy the QB Whisperer Bull Crap.

Speaking of the fraud that is Adam Gase

Remember when gase said during some OTAs he’s only gonna do class room work?

Remember when I reported that I went to training camp for a week last August and he was no where to be found on the field actually coaching?? Like you know with a whistle and sh##, like what a real coach does, which is to teach the game on the field..

Any coorelation ya think?

So let's go back to their actual on field rivalry.

USC played UCLA one time when both were there, in 2017.

USC won 28 to 23.

However: USC had a 10-2 team that year, Rosen 6-7.

Darnold passed for 17 of 28 for 264 and a pick.

Rosen passed for 35 of 52 for 421, 3 TDs and a pick.

Head to head Darnold is 1 and 0 versus Rosen, but Rosen was probably the only thing keeping his crappy team in it.
it seem to me rosen put up some good number.

That’s great... didn’t think about that...throw in the Gase drama and Jet Weeks are gonna be awesome!

Forget about it? At no point did I even know it existed til now. Makes this even sweeter. I want to see this guy ball. I am not expecting it but I truly hope. Would be a great redemption story.

Forget about it? At no point did I even know it existed til now. Makes this even sweeter. I want to see this guy ball. I am not expecting it but I truly hope. Would be a great redemption story.

No redemption about it... he had a rookie season on the worst team in football... his stats were comparable to Fellow rookies Darnold and Allen... nobody is suggesting they need redemption?

Josh Rosen didn’t fail as a rookie last year with an O-line where all 5 starters were on IR by mid-season.

Arizona hired a college coach... with a career losing record.. who uses a college offense that is more suited to Kyler Murray...Josh Rosen is more suited to our Brady/Patriot offense.

Back
Top Bottom