Former #2 Overalls | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former #2 Overalls

DoLpHiNz34 said:
I wish Fergusson had declared because it would be a no brainer at #2. I saw somewhere that through out history the safest pick in any draft or I guess the highest chance of getting a surefire stud is a top rated tackle. Most of the time, a top 5-10 rated tackle is the surest pick you can make. I'll try to look it up. I don't think Barron falls into that category though.

Me neither and thats why Im asking if we should so I can laugh at the guy who is pointing out that only 2 RBs have been picked at #2.

dolfreak said:
Just for fun, Look at the Number 2 Overall picks from the last 20 years. Whom do you guys think is the best #2 overall from this list ??? I personally would have to say McNabb because he will get you to the big game almost every year, with Marshall Faulk coming in a close second. What do you guys think?

2005- ??????????????????????
2004 - T Robert Gallery, Oakland
2003 - WR Charles Rogers, Detroit
2002 - DE Julius Peppers, Carolina
2001 - T Leonard Davis, Arizona <-------BUST
2000 - LB LaVar Arrington,Washington
1999 - QB Donovan McNabb,Philadelphia
1998 - QB Ryan Leaf, San Diego <------BUST
1997 - DT Darrell Russell,Oakland <------BUST
1996 - LB Kevin Hardy, Jacksonville
1995 - T Tony Boselli, Jacksonville
1994 - RB Marshall Faulk, Indianapolis
1993 - QB Rick Mirer, Seattle<------BUST
1992 - LB Quentin Coryatt, Indianapolis

1991 - DB Eric Turner, Cleveland
1990 - RB Blair Thomas, N.Y. Jets
1989 - T Tony Mandarich,Green Bay
1988 - DE Neil Smith, Kansas City
1987 - LB Cornelius Bennett,Indianapolis
1986 - DT Tony Casillas, Atlanta
1985 - G Bill Fralic, Atlanta

Dude come ON. Calling Davis a bust like Mirer and Leaf is way off. WAY off. The biggest bust is Ryan Leaf, and everyone knows the second biggest bust on that list is Tony Mandarich...who prior to leaf was regarded the biggest draft bust from the top 5 picks ever. Also...I find it interesting that only one of the three QB's taken number two is worth a s***...not good odds. Given that group I'd take McNabb because a franchise QB is a lot harder to find than a good RB. After him I'd take Faulk and then Peppers....then Neil Smith.

YOU forgot the biggest bust of them all: Tony Mandarich

And I would put Faulk ahead of McNabb, easily

From 1999 on, the #2's have been performing quite well. IMO Leonard Davis isn't a bust. I think we should stick with the #2 unless someone gives us an offer we can't refuse but that's it.

dolfreak said:
Just for fun, Look at the Number 2 Overall picks from the last 20 years. Whom do you guys think is the best #2 overall from this list ??? I personally would have to say McNabb because he will get you to the big game almost every year, with Marshall Faulk coming in a close second. What do you guys think?

2005- ??????????????????????
2004 - T Robert Gallery, Oakland
2003 - WR Charles Rogers, Detroit
2002 - DE Julius Peppers, Carolina
2001 - T Leonard Davis, Arizona <-------BUST
2000 - LB LaVar Arrington,Washington
1999 - QB Donovan McNabb,Philadelphia
1998 - QB Ryan Leaf, San Diego <------BUST
1997 - DT Darrell Russell,Oakland <------BUST
1996 - LB Kevin Hardy, Jacksonville
1995 - T Tony Boselli, Jacksonville
1994 - RB Marshall Faulk, Indianapolis
1993 - QB Rick Mirer, Seattle<------BUST
1992 - LB Quentin Coryatt, Indianapolis

1991 - DB Eric Turner, Cleveland
1990 - RB Blair Thomas, N.Y. Jets
1989 - T Tony Mandarich,Green Bay
1988 - DE Neil Smith, Kansas City
1987 - LB Cornelius Bennett,Indianapolis
1986 - DT Tony Casillas, Atlanta
1985 - G Bill Fralic, Atlanta

This was the best overall pick!!

clear.gif

Philter25 said:
:roflmao: Thanks, I needed a good laugh today.

If you read all the posts you will notice that is what I meant to do since the only 2 RBs argument someone gave, I said that 4 T have been taken and therefore following his analogy T shoud be our pick, since its what has been picked the most. I meant to be sarcastic, and make people laugh.

UM Tackle Eric Winston would of have been a guaranteed top 5 pick(even the top pick) had he declared. Miami would be stupid to pass on EW next year if they have a top pick again. He is like a PACE,OGDEN, GALLERY, etc.

RB's are comodities.... they are used and discarded and not worth the money for the number 2 pick... that is the point.... Saban knows this.... never draft on need.... draft BPA at the number 2 spot....

thedayafter said:
RB's are comodities.... they are used and discarded and not worth the money for the number 2 pick... that is the point.... Saban knows this.... never draft on need.... draft BPA at the number 2 spot....

Bingo!!

Joey 22 said:
If you read all the posts you will notice that is what I meant to do since the only 2 RBs argument someone gave, I said that 4 T have been taken and therefore following his analogy T shoud be our pick, since its what has been picked the most. I meant to be sarcastic, and make people laugh.
and a job well done. :lol:

Last Year and this year UM Tackle Eric Winston would of have been a guaranteed top 5 pick(even the top pick) had he declared. Miami would be stupid to pass on EW next year if they have a top pick again. He is like a PACE,OGDEN, GALLERY, etc.

Back
Top Bottom