Former Coach Adam Gase Casts Shade At His Dolphins Quarterbacks

J. David Wannyheimer

None of my business.
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
I think its entirely possible that Gase has success in New York and I won't shed a tear. He ran this team into the ground because no player was good enough for him.
When Gase was fired, I thought that he would be a good candidate to rebound and have success with a different team. After seeing what's going on with the Jets, I think it might have to be with his third team.

Sirspud

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
When Gase was fired, I thought that he would be a good candidate to rebound and have success with a different team. After seeing what's going on with the Jets, I think it might have to be with his third team.
Yes but Gase has Sam Darnold going into his second year and I'm not discounting the possibility of a big second year leap for him. If I had to guess who would be atop the AFC East in three years I would guess its the Jets and Darnold.

phins_4_ever

E12 FH Tailgate Gang
Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Yes but Gase has Sam Darnold going into his second year and I'm not discounting the possibility of a big second year leap for him. If I had to guess who would be atop the AFC East in three years I would guess its the Jets and Darnold.
Not with Gase. He'll ruin Darnold and stop him in his development. Remember no ego bigger than Gase is allowed. Darnold will execute the plays called regardless how stupid they are and he will not get a chance to change a play or audible out of a play.
Plus having a character like Bell on the team is guaranteeing trouble in puke green la la land. Wait for the first 2- or 3-game slide for some wheels to fall off.

Based on talent the Jets should be a 10-6 team. And that's probably where they will end up. 10-6 and everything will be great in Jets land. Just like it was in Dolphins land in 2016. But that will make Gase's head even bigger and year 2 will be a mega step back.

Sirspud

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Not with Gase. He'll ruin Darnold and stop him in his development. Remember no ego bigger than Gase is allowed. Darnold will execute the plays called regardless how stupid they are and he will not get a chance to change a play or audible out of a play.
Plus having a character like Bell on the team is guaranteeing trouble in puke green la la land. Wait for the first 2- or 3-game slide for some wheels to fall off.

Based on talent the Jets should be a 10-6 team. And that's probably where they will end up. 10-6 and everything will be great in Jets land. Just like it was in Dolphins land in 2016. But that will make Gase's head even bigger and year 2 will be a mega step back.
Gase got better play out of Tannehill than anyone else did. I'm not so sure he'll ruin Darnold.

royalshank

Not a Game-Changer
Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Then why did he call plays that had his QBs at 4 YPA in both games so far?

royalshank

Not a Game-Changer
Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Gase got better play out of Tannehill than anyone else did. I'm not so sure he'll ruin Darnold.
He had 170 yards on 40+ throws week 1. That sounds like Tannehill play calling to me.

Sirspud

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He had 170 yards on 40+ throws week 1. That sounds like Tannehill play calling to me.
Yeah the Jets were garbage in week one and last week looked like one of those jailbreak on Tannehill every play games that we saw under Gase last year (and with Philbin too). I guess Gase might just have gotten that bad.

Avigatorx

Ohana
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Yeah the Jets were garbage in week one and last week looked like one of those jailbreak on Tannehill every play games that we saw under Gase last year (and with Philbin too). I guess Gase might just have gotten that bad.
The only things more predictable than Adam Gase are death and taxes.

Sirspud

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The only things more predictable than Adam Gase are death and taxes.
I honestly though that Gase's problem had less to do with being a poor gameday coach/play caller and more to do with poor leadership and steadily deconstructing his roster. But seeing the Jets these first two weeks has been eye opening.

circumstances

Starter
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
I honestly though that Gase's problem had less to do with being a poor gameday coach/play caller and more to do with poor leadership and steadily deconstructing his roster. But seeing the Jets these first two weeks has been eye opening.
Couldn't be happening to a better coach or team. Go Gasy!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Top Bottom