Former Coach Adam Gase Casts Shade At His Dolphins Quarterbacks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former Coach Adam Gase Casts Shade At His Dolphins Quarterbacks

Dolph N.Fan

Active Roster
Reaction score
The more things change, the more they stay the same. And for former Miami Dolphins head coach Adam Gase, that can only mean one thing — blaming others for the shortcomings of his own team and own errors. Gase may no longer be in Miami, but that didn’t stop him from offering a backhanded jab at his old quarterbacks in South Florida yesterday when talking about his new quarterback, Jets’ second-year pro Sam Darnold.

“It’s easy for me to call plays…he’s not the kind of quarterback you’re looking to protect; you’re looking to turn him loose,” said Gase. “There are no limitations on him. That’s fun as a play caller.”

Oh. Why don’t you tell everyone how you really feel, Adam?

We’re so lucky Ross didn’t give his guy another year.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...e=smg&utm_medium=wasabi&utm_content=home-hero

Gase hitched his wagon to Tannehill. He thought he could win with him and was wrong. If we moved on from Ryan and kept Adam it would have been a bad move. If Adam was unhappy with Ryan he should have moved on in year 1.

If gase lasts to the end of the 2020 season I will be shocked. Amazing how a no talent fraud can swindle his way into a fourth year as a head coach.

Gase hitched his wagon to Tannehill. He thought he could win with him and was wrong. If we moved on from Ryan and kept Adam it would have been a bad move. If Adam was unhappy with Ryan he should have moved on in year 1.
Which most of knew Gase’s “endorsement” in Tannehill was a facade.

If gase lasts to the end of the 2020 season I will be shocked. Amazing how a no talent fraud can swindle his way into a fourth year as a head coach.

It all depends on Darnold though. If he's the real deal he will carry Gase, if not it won't end well and Bell will be run to the ground.

I mean after first season that was all on Gase. Yes Gase got the job because he thought he could work with Tannehill. Those injuries likely were the straw that broke Tanny. But last year, not having a true back up plan, that was on Gase

He owes Peyton a Manning for all of his success as a coordinator and promotions to head coach

Which most of knew Gase’s “endorsement” in Tannehill was a facade.

I don't think so at first, but as time went on, specifically in 2018, yes it was a façade. I don't think he had any confidence in Tannehill after the shoulder injury and making it clear he would play over Brock when healthy wasn't saying much at all.

It all depends on Darnold though. If he's the real deal he will carry Gase, if not it won't end well and Bell will be run to the ground.
If Gase wouldn’t run the bell with a QB that needed protection, he’s definitely not going to use Bell if he has Darnold. Darnolds arm will fall off soon.

I don't think so at first, but as time went on, specifically in 2018, yes it was a façade. I don't think he had any confidence in Tannehill after the shoulder injury and making it clear he would play over Brock when healthy wasn't saying much at all.
I can see this

Back
Top Bottom