Former Cowboys Byron Jones, Dan Bailey named worst starters from 2020 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former Cowboys Byron Jones, Dan Bailey named worst starters from 2020

Uhhh what!? When Jones came back our D became shut down. He def had his few slip ups but whatever.
Im not sure I understand their rankings. At first I thought they were talking about FAs signing with other teams. But it seems they’re saying Jones was the worst corner in the entire league if I read it correctly and that is beyond absurd.

Uhhh what!? When Jones came back our D became shut down. He def had his few slip ups but whatever.
Totally agree. I love lazy stats. They then finally throw in only 73 targets. Since Howard shuts down the other side, that’s not many targets. You have to look at the bigger picture and ask what about all those times they DIDN’T throw his way?

it’s like that stat “QB rating when throwing on this guy or that guy.” Who cares? How many yards is he actually giving up?

The eye test tells me Jones played well. yes, he had some rough patches and got beat but he’s no disaster out there.

I thought he was pretty solid, expensive, but that is what happens in free agency we had to pay drafting poorly in previous years.

The eye test tells me Jones played well. yes, he had some rough patches and got beat but he’s no disaster out there.

I thought he played well. Most of the QB's went after Howard not him. Howard did make them pay though

His contact was another story and no he did not live up to that.

He always had shut down coverage on WRs. The other guys are also allowed to make plays though. His willingness to go for the ball also did improve a lot from his Cowboys days, it may have only translated into two picks but I like it.

Wish there was a comment section on that article page...I've never commented on an article, but this dude needs a whack.

Quote: "Cowboys fans don’t really watch Miami play very often."... apparently neither does this journalist.

No he didn't live up to the contract but he definitely wasn't a slouch out there. We took a huge jump with our defense when he came back. We were super solid and played beyond expectations for this team. Although, I do think Howard should be our highest paid corner on the roster. Just a couple of pennies.

Back
Top Bottom