Former Dallas Cowboys Diehard! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former Dallas Cowboys Diehard!

Collis

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I live in Texas and grew up watching "America's Team" the Dallas Cowboys. I will admit, I was a bit spoiled by all the championships and the media spotlight. I grew up watching Tom Landry, Roger Staubach, Drew Pearson, Tony Dorsett, Randy White and the rest of the cast. I was saddened by the sudden departure of Tom Landry when Jerry Jones purchased the team, but was intrigued by the hiring of Jimmy "How 'Bout Them Cowboys!" Johnson as our new head coach. Once again, I stood proud as Jimmy lead the 'Boys to the promised land.

After the departure of Johnson, I noticed a change in the team. At times Jerry Jones could be considered the "best owner" a team could have. At other times, he was his own worst enemy! There should be a league rule that a team owner cannot be the general manager of his own team. I don't want to be criticized about "abandoning ship", but I don't like the direction Jerry Jones has taken the Dallas Cowboys! The Dallas Cowboys have just as much or more talent than any team in the league, but with Jerry Jones and his "puppet" Wade Phillips leading the helm, I don't think this team is headed in the right direction and they lack the leadership needed to make it to the next level without "stumbling". Recently the headlines have been all about Cowboys Stadium, better known as "Jerry World", and not the Dallas Cowboys! It became all bout marketing and not about football, which leads me to my main point.

I have always respected Don Shula and the Miami Dolphins. In fact, I always considered them my AFC team. When the "trifecta" of Bill Parcells, Jeff Ireland, and Tony Sparano left the Dallas Cowboys three years ago to join the Miami Dolphins, I knew that a change was going to take place, a change for the better! When the "trifecta" left Dallas for Miami, I did likewise. I like the way these men think and the way they "handle business!" They are transforming an entire franchise right before our eyes! I like the off-season moves the Dolphins have made and feel that they are well on their way to contending for a Super Bowl! I still live in Texas, but I've been "reborn again"! I have a fire and a passion in me that I haven't felt for many years. I'm excited about the NFL along with the Miami Dolphins! I feel that a championship caliber team is coming together in the right way. It's all about football again! Through proper coaching, drafting, and free agency, the Miami Dolphins will soon be among the NFL elite! I proudly wear my Aqua & Orange Dolphins Jerseys in an endless sea of Silver & Blue! GO FINS!

I have a friend that loves the cowboys and hates jerry jones. He stays to his team though, in hopes jerry jones falls out. Can't win em all over I guess. Always good to have more fans. Welcome aboard!

Intresting story. Though I gotta say it is a little hard to believe that you would just drop a life long team favorite. I understand now likeing Jerry Jones, hell I am shocked most Raiders fans haven't ditched on their team because of bullheaded owners *coughaldaviscough*. I guess the test will be how quickly you defend against division rival trolls and how well you defend the Fins. But as Redbeard said, it's always nice to have another Fin Fan on board, converted or otherwise. Welcome to the boards.

welcome to the best site on earf' believe that. and thank you for finally seeing the light.

Welcome aboard my friend. I live in the Cowboys 2nd home San Antonio, and let me tell you it aint easy but
I love being different. Wear your colors loud and proud. Orange stands out very nicely in a sea of blue and
silver...

Back
Top Bottom