Former Dolphins’ Ot Jawuan James | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former Dolphins’ Ot Jawuan James

Broncos have wanted James for years
Which is all the more frustrating for those of us who remember when they wanted him in a trade before his option year. Denver was (purportedly) dangling either Matt Paradis or CJ Anderson + a 3rd... and we turned them down, despite the fact we'd already seen Jessie Davis play the position just as well in James' absence.

James was never elite for us, but he was a fair right tackle for us over the past handful of seasons. At the price he's signed for I'm glad we passed. Ok the cap has gone up and so has pay, but if we are going to pay someone the highest amount for their position I'm expecting a pro bowler/all pro calibre player and James simply isn't that kind of player. Like I said, he's a fair right tackle not an elite one, and so I'm not worried about him leaving.

Good luck to him in Denver. It will be interesting to see how he gets on, though looking at their OL, I'm not sure how upright Flacco is going to stay.

I wish him all the best for the future and don't get me wrong he is a good player but God damn the Broncos have overpaid him lol. There's no way we could've threw that kinda' money at him. I am starting to wonder if we're going O-line with the 13th pick. Dillard, Ford, Williams etc could be there when we pick.

I'm totally fine with him being gone. I like him to a point but for that price just let him go and get a comp pick(hoping for a 3rd) and stop over paying for average players.

Unless you have Q. Nelson's clone in the draft, we don't get a T at 13.

James should have been locked in two seasons ago. The money that went to Branch, McDonald , and Kiko would have taken care of this.

I'm all for not paying for other team's FA's (Suh), but when you constantly won't/don't sign your better players...that is troubling to me.

Howard will soon be on deck, and people will scream bloody murder when we back the truck up...especially if he has 4-5 INT's ("I'm not paying $20 million for that production).

Well, the Mosley deal is making James look like a bargain.

These teams are slamming down money for guys...

I'm not sure if it actually ever works.

I think we can expect to be paying Tunsil close to 20 a year.

I dont see the purpose some take on bashing the guy on the way out of the door.

Unlike alot of others, the guy came in and got better each year. Just sad that HCs and their coordinators had zero clue on how to get the best from him.

Back
Top Bottom