Former Dolphins QB Chad Pennington provides insight | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former Dolphins QB Chad Pennington provides insight

'86 was a pretty cool year because I saw him at the end of the year too vs the Rams in Anaheim and he threw 5 TDs. That was the start of four wasted years of prime Dan Marino. Missed the playoffs four years in a row. Hell, I don't have to tell you, lol. He was pretty damn impressive that year!
Those wasted years of his prime were one of the low points in franchise history in a way. Some better drafting Pre and during those years and we probably get back to the SB. Must have been awesome seeing him in person when he was young. I didn’t see him play “live” up here in NJ until later in his career. We had great seats close to the field on about the 25 and he was going against Neil O’Donnell and the Jets coached by the Tuna. Marino tore it up that day but what stood out as absolutely fascinating was how he could see 4 potential targets and get rid of the ball faster than Neil could find 1. No exaggeration. Jets had guys wide open waving their arms and he couldn’t find them and as a result got dropped in coverage sacks a few times. I truly realized just how much of a different tier Dan was in - seeing him past his prime - yet still 1,000x better than a decent starting QB.

Pennington was extra-ordinary in how he made it look simple - it drove me crazy because as a Jet he would tear the dolphins up. He had crazy stats and it all came from making it LOOK really easy!

I lost years of my life with the way he gave me high blood pressure.

When he became a Dolphin i struggled to accept he was a dolphin cuz he KILLED us!!!

I'm under the impression that from a total leadership perspective, Chad Pennington's 2008 is still one of the top 5 seasons a Miami Dolphins QB has ever had (behind Marino's 84, and either 86 or 94 and Griese's 73)
One of the best seasons to watch as a fan, he had that team playing good disciplined football with minimal talent..

Ravens bracketed the the field in between the hashes and Chad couldn’t get the ball outside, game over

I can't believe this guy didn't know Chad Pennington played with Randy Moss at Marshall. And I find it interesting that Pennington did tell him either.

Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more Wildcat!

Back
Top Bottom