Former Fin Freeman signs with Pack | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former Fin Freeman signs with Pack

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I know this will probably get moved(it is semi Dolphin related), but it looks like Arturo Freeman is now officially a Packer.

http://www.jsonline.com/packer/news/apr05/317567.asp

Moving to fill a void in the secondary that has remained open most of the off-season, the Green Bay Packers signed free-agent safety Arturo Freeman, a former Miami Dolphins starter who played under new defensive coordinator Jim Bates.

The South Florida Sun-Sentinel reported Monday night that Freeman's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said the 6-foot-1, 210-pound safety had signed a one-year deal with the Packers. Rosenhaus did not answer his phone earlier in the day and was unavailable for comment.

Freeman, 28, made a free-agent visit with the Packers on Thursday and Friday and met with Bates, who installed him as the Dolphins' starter after taking over as interim head coach last year. In Freeman, Bates gets a player who can function in his defensive scheme immediately as well as help others learn it.

So now for the people who thought he might come back, he is officially gone.

He was mainly here because of Bates but he did produce a couple of big plays for us. Hope he does well there with Jim.

I wish him the best, hopefully he can step up in sharper's shoes..

I'd like to see him get some respect.

bobdroopy said:
I wish him the best, hopefully he can step up in sharper's shoes..

I'd like to see him get some respect.

Here here.

He played well this season and i'm sure he'll do well in GB. Wish we could've gotten him back. Beats Tillman at least.

See you Arturo.....don't get frostbite at Lambeau Field.

:nana:

I also wish him well... kinda wish he was here.

Freeman and Jones would have been nice at safety.

I never knew bates was in GB. I wish him the best for the headcoaching job should have been his. He was the only cog in the system that worked hard.

Dont get me wrong I like Saban but Bates has paid his dues! I think the players felt the same way!

Back
Top Bottom