Former Member Of Gase’s Staff Assesses Miami’s Personnel | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former Member Of Gase’s Staff Assesses Miami’s Personnel

It actually reads nothing like that, but okay.
So you were expecting him to say that his previous regime did everything wrong, made all the wrong calls, and his judgement was poor?

If I were expecting a coach of a former regime to critique the roster he left, I'd expect it to say the talent he was given was raw, not working hard enough, or not as good as the fans thought. I'd expect him to say the gems he uncovered were really good and almost at the point of breaking out and if he had had more time, they would have been really good because he had laid the foundation and not been allowed to reap the benefits. I'd expect him to say the players were fundamentally flawed and that their failure had nothing to do with coaching. That's basically what he said, so that's why it seems to me to be exactly what I would have expected from a former coach posting anonymously.

Last edited:
So you were expecting him to say that his previous regime did everything wrong, made all the wrong calls, and his judgement was poor?

If I were expecting a coach of a former regime to critique the roster he left, I'd expect it to say the talent he was given was raw, not working hard enough, or not as good as the fans thought. I'd expect him to say the gems he uncovered were really good and almost at the point of breaking out and if he had had more time, they would have been really good because he had laid the foundation and not been allowed to reap the benefits. I'd expect him to say the players were fundamentally flawed and that their failure had nothing to do with coaching. That's basically what he said, so that's why it seems to me to be exactly what I would have expected from a former coach posting anonymously.

It seemed pretty balanced in terms of critique - it had some good things to say too... and it was well known that Gase opinion on draft picks were definitely considered so if he's shitting on draft selection, he's not exactly talking highly of Gase either.

Take it for what it is, an evaluation by a coach. A lot of what he said is actually pretty consistent with what we all think, anyways, right?

It seemed pretty balanced in terms of critique - it had some good things to say too... and it was well known that Gase opinion on draft picks were definitely considered so if he's ****ting on draft selection, he's not exactly talking highly of Gase either.

Take it for what it is, an evaluation by a coach. A lot of what he said is actually pretty consistent with what we all think, anyways, right?
Maybe, but it is also a very conveniently self-serving analysis from a former coach … just saying … we should consider how well it lines up with the interests of the source. That's all I'm saying.

I don't think it lines up with an anonymous coaches interest at all. It was a fair evaluation, nothing groundbreaking in either direction.

=)

Back
Top Bottom