Former Member Of Gase’s Staff Assesses Miami’s Personnel | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former Member Of Gase’s Staff Assesses Miami’s Personnel

Some interesting nuggets in there. My favorite was where he said he believed when both healthy Kilgore is just as good as pouncey.

Maybe a healthy Kilgore is as good as an unhealthy Pouncey. Pouncey has shown he's a Pro Bowl center when healthy... Kilgore is not on that level. That being said Kilgore is serviceable and you don't need Pro Bowl talent at center to win in the NFL.

And the hits just keep on coming for Gesicki. What a waste of size and speed. How the hell was he drafted so high?

Pretty good overall. Certainly better than I expected. Smythe to Fasano is sensible. Defensive tackle summaries also solid. Likewise the doubts regarding Ballage, who is overhyped here.

I don't agree that Davis is better at guard. Too high and too narrow are liabilities everywhere but moreso at guard. Davis is indeed a valuable 6th guy who this team is forced to play as 5.

Kilgore is not much on the field but he's so smart and dependable during camp and practice that the coaching staff tends to overrate. I remember some 49ers fans emphasizing that. Yeah, he has a rapport with Garropolo. Big deal.

Best summary was on Mike Gesicki. I have no idea why anyone cares what he does during training camp. Nothing could be more irrelevant. Those weaknesses aren't going away. The variable is whether or not he can make the 1-2 impactful plays per game.

And the hits just keep on coming for Gesicki. What a waste of size and speed. How the hell was he drafted so high?

I want to label him a miss-pick, but it really wouldn't be fair because I don't know what they were thinking when we drafted him. Who knows, maybe the guy they really wanted wasn't there and they had to settle for the next best option and knew going in that he would always have a limited, but possibly productive role. I think Grier likes to take input from his coaches when he drafts. However, I think sometimes he just needs to just say, no, and pick the guy he thinks will be best.

I want to label him a miss-pick, but it really wouldn't be fair because I don't know what they were thinking when we drafted him. Who knows, maybe the guy they really wanted wasn't there and they had to settle for the next best option and knew going in that he would always have a limited, but possibly productive role. I think Grier likes to take input from his coaches when he drafts. However, I think sometimes he just needs to just say, no, and pick the guy he thinks will be best.

I've given Grier the benefit of the doubt due to the monkey f@cking a football front office, too many hands in the cookie jar we always seem to have in place. Now it's alllll on Grier and only Grier. He can't continue to be that wrong on a #42 overall.

I tend to agree with the analysis that Davis has some foot speed limitations as a tackle option. Could see that on those cut ups that lockedon put out. 4th best o lineman you put out due to the athlete I think you can live with. I do understand the 5th or 6th talk as he looks like he may go down as a jack of many master of none.

Aaron Hernandez was a mismatch period. Sure the scheme use helped but he won one on ones. Gesickis got a long ways to go there. Seems ambitious. Says he’s gotten better getting off press I better not see him rerouted and moved off the spot all over the place then. I don’t know of a team that can carry for more than a couple years a guy who is suppose to be a flex and red zone iso win option “starting tight end” who doesn’t actually you know give them that.

Can’t say I’ve noticed lack of flexibility with Vincent Taylor. At least not in tbe pros. Thought he was more upright and rigid in college.

Kwon as a 2 down backer is terrible return. That lack of range to the perimeter of the field showing up in the pros. Not surprising play speed never matched time speed consistency wise. Said as much off the college tape. Sounds also like scheme can’t hide it.

Tankersley “lacked confidence.” Exact thing I said watching him in the preseason last year. If he doesn’t get it back he’s done. I’m pretty much ready to move on if what I saw in 18. Bad body language all over the place.

Oh yeah and the underrated guy in all of it is Durham smythe.

You should go ahead and label him a miss pick, because that is what he was. It was blatantly obvious that TE was a major position of need in that second round and consensus had it down to Dallas Goedert and Mike Gesicki. Myself, and many others, wanted Goedert. The team and beat writers sold us all on the freak athleticism of Mike Gesicki. Sounds like the epitome of a missed pick to me.

And to say Gesicki has "Aaron Hernandez" potential as a #2. Yeah right, maybe if it includes Gronk as our #1. That comparison is very off, IMO.

Tank and Lippett before him were both examples of Mike Tannenbaum wanting to replicate the Legion of Boom. Draft a mid round guy who used to be a WR, draft a long tall CB, and even trade for Maxwell. I know a lot of people within the organization were not thrilled with the Tank pick. I dont see him having a future in Miami

You should go ahead and label him a miss pick, because that is what he was. It was blatantly obvious that TE was a major position of need in that second round and consensus had it down to Dallas Goedert and Mike Gesicki. Myself, and many others, wanted Goedert. The team and beat writers sold us all on the freak athleticism of Mike Gesicki. Sounds like the epitome of a missed pick to me.

And to say Gesicki has "Aaron Hernandez" potential as a #2. Yeah right, maybe if it includes Gronk as our #1. That comparison is very off, IMO.

I didn't want him either. He seems a little soft for a TE. However, I am going to wait until we see what he does this year before I decide on whether he was a good pick or not. This coaching staff plans on using him a little differently than the previous one, so maybe he will actually pan out.

I don't think it was a miss, Miami knew exactly what they were getting in Gesicki and that's why they also drafted Durham smyth in the 4th. One to be a pass catcher and the other to be an inline blocker. I don't think they'd draft Durham if they thought Gesicki was the total package.

Everyone ripping on Gesicki from the article, but I would gladly take 8 TDs a year, or a bunch of impact plays even if he doesnt do crap between the 20's. He's the only TE on the roster that can be a threat in the passing game, all of our other TE's are close to the same player.

Back
Top Bottom