Former Member Of Gase’s Staff Assesses Miami’s Personnel | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former Member Of Gase’s Staff Assesses Miami’s Personnel

He was a good player for sure .... but special.... idk there

Well he did s et the nfl record for yards his first 5 seasons or something like that i think. The guy is special for sure but lacked some of mental aspects

Well he did s et the nfl record for yards his first 5 seasons or something like that i think. The guy is special for sure but lacked some of mental aspects
Had a ton of catches but he wasn’t / isn’t a dynamic player.

He’s not like the Julio’s or Odell’s is the league. A solid complimentary piece. Wish we still had him but he’s not one of the top tier receivers in the nfl, which is what i would consider special imo

Get ready for a lot of 1 catch for 12 yards or 2 for 18 box scores from tbe flex tight end

Everyone ripping on Gesicki from the article, but I would gladly take 8 TDs a year, or a bunch of impact plays even if he doesnt do crap between the 20's. He's the only TE on the roster that can be a threat in the passing game, all of our other TE's are close to the same player.

Sounds pretty similar to what the Bucs might get out of OJ Howard who was overdrafted based on athleticism.

I hate to say say I told you so on Mike Gesicki because I hoped he would make me look foolish but I was right about him, Dion Jordan and that soft ass tackle from Stanford. I will admit Xavien Howard surprised me.

I don't think it was a miss, Miami knew exactly what they were getting in Gesicki and that's why they also drafted Durham smyth in the 4th. One to be a pass catcher and the other to be an inline blocker. I don't think they'd draft Durham if they thought Gesicki was the total package.

I am not sure if you were following Dolphins twitter and/or marketing efforts last season, but the team was selling Gesicki hard. He was going to be a serious vertical threat, one that was going to be a lot of trouble for defenses. Jimmy Graham comparisons. They even had the beat writers convinced.

The hype around Gesicki around this time last year (even earlier) was insane. It was as much as Preston has now, but without the preseason game to warrant it. Even the Preston hype is a bit too much, too fast, but I digress. Preston Williams could potentially fill the role of electric offensive star if he continues on his trajectory.

Gesicki on the other hand, who knows. I don't know how anyone, including the Fins, can say with a straight face they know what we have in Mike Gesicki.

Everyone ripping on Gesicki from the article, but I would gladly take 8 TDs a year, or a bunch of impact plays even if he doesnt do crap between the 20's. He's the only TE on the roster that can be a threat in the passing game, all of our other TE's are close to the same player.

Haha I think we'd all gladly take 8 TDs a year. He had zero TDs last year and zero impact in an inept offense desperate for any sort of production.

If he had 8 TDs, we aren't having this conversation.

Last edited:
Take that analysis with a grain of salt. Sounds a LOT like he wants to validate their decisions from last year, blame players for shortcomings, and hype up their "finds." Reads more like PR piece for the coach than a roster evaluation.

Take that analysis with a grain of salt. Sounds a LOT like he wants to validate their decisions from last year, blame players for shortcomings, and hype up their "finds." Reads more like PR piece for the coach than a roster evaluation.

It actually reads nothing like that, but okay.

Back
Top Bottom