Former NFL GM raves about Dolphins' 2020 NFL Draft Class | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former NFL GM raves about Dolphins' 2020 NFL Draft Class

at least Casserly has actually held an NFL job. reminds me of that Colts GM who tore Kiper a new a-hole

Matt Millen and Hue Jackson held NFL jobs and I value their opinion as much as I value the opinion of my neighbor and my neighbor is a postman who doesn't even have season tickets.

5 years? With Tua's injury, you'll know if hes the guy within a year.

If he starts to have pain in the hip, its over. Let him sit until we play a bad defense, or week 17. He needs to get sacked a few times.

Pain? Im telling the medias he's progressing well, and then trading my two firsts and Tua to move and get Lawrence.

Are you all really shocked we gave up nothing for an injured QB???

The Lions, Skins could have used a generational talent like Tua....but passed.

I have a fairly high opinion on Haskins do I think the Skins will be... okay

Detroit? Maybe but more so due to the Front Office

well its more my opinion of tua rather than haskins….haskins can turn out to be a quality qb and the skins could still wind up regretting it

It wasn't necessarily a "sexy" draft, but I like what Miami did. Can't skirt around the fact that the Dolphins offensive line was easily the worst in the NFL. That unit had to be a focus and it was with a 1st, 2nd and 4th spent on offensive linemen. The team probably missed a few players that they wanted to have, but that is always the case with other teams competing for the same talent.

Last edited:
Are you all really shocked we gave up nothing for an injured QB???

The Lions, Skins could have used a generational talent like Tua....but passed.

Detroit is under pressure from their owner to make the playoffs this year. they needed a guaranteed immediate starter at a position of need, hence Okudah.

Washington came away just fine with their pick. Young is the only other guy i'd put in a conversation for generational talent from this draft.

The fans who don’t realize this is a 3 year rebuild are probably disappointed because a lot of the higher draft picks are not going to come in and be starters from day one. They will have to develop as NFL players and will likely not because starters until after the 2020 season starts. They will hopefully be NFL ready by the time the 2021 season begins. The 2021 draft should provide skilled position players and picks which will shore up the holes they still have on their roster.

The Dolphins will likely be a 5-6 win team next season as they go with Fitzpatrick as the starter and let Tua sit and fully recover from hip surgery. The young offensive lineman and the other draftees will get the 2020 season to adjust to the NFL and hopefully improve as the year goes along.

By the 2021 season the Dolphins should have Tua at QB and assuming the young players drafted this year and next year are upgrades at the positions they were drafted to play, the Dolphins should be legitimate contender for a playoff spot. By 2022 the Dolphins should definitely make the playoffs or else Ross is going to b making changes at the GM and HC position. So 2019-2021 are going to be the rebuilding years and if they are rebuilt well and Tua can stay healthy, Dolphins fans should look forward to several years of playoff football and hopefully a SB or two.

Last edited:
If you like Tua it’s an A draft.. if you don’t it’s an F. There’s no in between. He either turns things around or we try again in 5 years. But hitting on every other pick we still won’t make the playoffs
C'mon.

If our long snapper excels it's at least a D (regardless of what Tua does).

How crazy would the Chargers D be if they had taken Simmons? Bosa, James and Simmons

Back
Top Bottom