Former NFL quarterback on Tua Tagovailoa not knowing playbook: ‘That should never, ever happen’ | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former NFL quarterback on Tua Tagovailoa not knowing playbook: ‘That should never, ever happen’

Cam is a washed running QB who is hurt more than Mary J. Blige...

I prefer the Brady comparisons. At least I know people are delusional when they do that.
Nothing delusional about commenting on various QBs in various stages of their veteran careers remarking about the amount of time it took them (or is taking them) to grasp a new system, in a thread devoted to Tua's comments re: his grasp of the system as a rookie.

If anybody directly compared Tua, or any other QB, to Tom Brady, I must have laughed so hard I immediately forgot it.

I didn’t really have any expectations. It had been so long since we took a QB that high I had no idea what to expect. I saw great play against Arizona that excited me and I saw bad play Afterwards
You said he performed “below expectations”, if they weren’t yours, whose were they and what were they? Certainly no one was expecting him to be a savior in his first nine games. And if you’re truly being objective, you would also understand his unique situation.

You said he performed “below expectations”, if they weren’t yours, whose were they and what were they? Certainly no one was expecting him to be a savior in his first nine games. And if you’re truly being objective, you would also understand his unique situation.
I absolutely understand the challenges he faced last year with recovery from injury, not having ideal talent around him, and still learning the playbook, it does not change the fact that Tua is what he is until he is not.

Being hopeful about his progress in his future and being objective about his performance to date are 2 completely different things. He deserves time to improve but at this very moment he’s objectively not good regardless of the reasons and excuses you might give. I will be cheering for him as loud as anyone this year and hope he becomes what we are all hoping he becomes.

I absolutely understand the challenges he faced last year with recovery from injury, not having ideal talent around him, and still learning the playbook, it does not change the fact that Tua is what he is until he is not.

Being hopeful about his progress in his future and being objective about his performance to date are 2 completely different things. He deserves time to improve but at this very moment he’s objectively not good regardless of the reasons and excuses you might give. I will be cheering for him as loud as anyone this year and hope he becomes what we are all hoping he becomes.
That's what we're saying. You're not being "objective" even though you're putting on this guise of being 'real'.

3,200yds 64% 20/9 rookie season with all that went on last year isn't performing below expectations unless your expectations were that he should be a top half starting QB.

He whooped Arizona, outplayed Mahomes head-to-head and looked bad against Denver and Oakland. Welcome to the rookie QB ride.

Hopefully Tua rocks this year and all this chatter goes away.

If some of the new rookie QBs outperform Tua this year, then yikes!

That's what we're saying. You're not being "objective" even though you're putting on this guise of being 'real'.

3,200yds 64% 20/9 rookie season with all that went on last year isn't performing below expectations unless your expectations were that he should be a top half starting QB.

He whooped Arizona, outplayed Mahomes head-to-head and looked bad against Denver and Oakland. Welcome to the rookie QB ride.
Are you extrapolating his stats from 9 games to 16? That's a stretch. Most likely he would've played worse early on because he was less ready physically and mentally. As of right now, I think it's fair to put him somewhere around 25th or so in QB rankings. Trust me when I say I'm rooting for him. I've invested in somewhere around 250 of his rookie cards so I would like nothing more than for him to become a superstar. LOL.

Heard of selective vision? Its the long lost cousin of selective hearing. Only see what you wanna see.

Are you extrapolating his stats from 9 games to 16? That's a stretch. Most likely he would've played worse early on because he was less ready physically and mentally. As of right now, I think it's fair to put him somewhere around 25th or so in QB rankings. Trust me when I say I'm rooting for him. I've invested in somewhere around 250 of his rookie cards so I would like nothing more than for him to become a superstar. LOL.
So he would've been worse earlier due to not being physically and mentally ready, but it's in your opinion that he WAS physically and mentally ready once he started and therefore why you claim that he "under performed"?

THAT sounds like a stretch.

So he would've been worse earlier due to not being physically and mentally ready, but it's in your opinion that he WAS physically and mentally ready once he started and therefore why you claim that he "under performed"?

THAT sounds like a stretch.
That would be a huge indictment on Flores if he risked his franchise QB’s health and teams success by trotting him out when he still wasn’t physically or mentally ready, don’t you think?

Heard of selective vision? Its the long lost cousin of selective hearing. Only see what you wanna see.
Are you trying to be ironic? Because selective vision is exactly what the people have who think Tua is above criticism.

Do you think he’s perfect right now or do you think he has a lot of room for improvement? If you think he has a lot of room for improvement, we think the same exact thing. If you don’t, you’re a blind Tua lover and lack the ability to see things objectively.

The people with selective vision are the ones dealing in “woulda, coulda, shouldas”.

Are you trying to be ironic? Because selective vision is exactly what the people have who think Tua is above criticism.

Do you think he’s perfect right now or do you think he has a lot of room for improvement? If you think he has a lot of room for improvement, we think the same exact thing. If you don’t, you’re a blind Tua lover and lack the ability to see things objectively.

The people with selective vision are the ones dealing in “woulda, coulda, shouldas”.
There's a big, logical gap between "he can play better" vs "he played below expectations".

Enough with the strawmans.

Of course he needs improvement. Even Tua knows what he needs to improve on. Even the QBs who been in the league learn every day, it never stops. But people blow things out of proportion where TT was down right terrible.

There's a big, logical gap between "he can play better" vs "he played below expectations".

Enough with the strawmans.
So, just to be clear, after 2 really impressive performances against the Cardinals and the Chargers, in Tua's last 6 games, you expected him to have a QB rating of 83, a QBR of 44.8, throw for only 6 TDs vs. 5 INTs, get sacked 16 times, throw for less than 100 yards twice, and get benched twice?

Isn't that both underperforming AND playing below expectations? Unless you had the expectation that he would be one of the worst QBs in the league for the last 6 games of the year.

So, just to be clear, after 2 really impressive performances against the Cardinals and the Chargers, in Tua's last 6 games, you expected him to have a QB rating of 83, a QBR of 44.8, throw for only 6 TDs vs. 5 INTs, get sacked 16 times, throw for less than 100 yards twice, and get benched twice?

Isn't that both underperforming AND playing below expectations? Unless you had the expectation that he would be one of the worst QBs in the league for the last 6 games of the year.
Did I expect a rookie coming off a devastating injury, no offseason, a bottom 5 pass blocking win rate Oline, no run game, and the worst remaining receiving core in the league to not play great?

Why yes, yes I did.

And you can search my posts for examples of me saying that the team would take a step back starting Tua over Fitz if you decide you need proof.

Like I said, it's not Tua's fault that your expectations were too high.

Back
Top Bottom