Former Saban lovers, I'm curious.......... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former Saban lovers, I'm curious..........

I don't understand why people think he STILL could have turned Miami around when he has obvious indecisiveness problems AND problems within his ring of assistants.
I do not think that you can be successful at the NFL level with those kind of issues.

He also could not handle the pressure of losing....his mentality was that of a fickle fan who jumps off the bandwagon when things get tough. I don't see a guy like that lasting long enough to turn any NFL team around.

I'm not trying to sit here and point out that you were all wrong. I just am curious how you really feel about the man right now after all of the staunch defending and belief that everything he was doing was going to turn this ship around. I seemed like according those backing him, that it was an absolute given he'd re-establish the franchise and get us an SB.

How about you just read the boards the last two days.

I'm not trying to sit here and point out that you were all wrong.

Yes you are. If Saban has taught me anything, it's to recognize when one person is saying one thing and meaning another. :wink:

But, to answer your question, I thought he could have turned this thing around and that he was committed to the team. As an LSU alum, I "knew" that a pro gig with full control was his dream. To bail after just two years was ludicrous to me. The way he did so was especially galling!

Final analysis. Great college coach, a failure as a pro, and classless as a human being.

Not since Bill Clinton has anyone lied so convincingly. The man has talent, you've got to admit it. "I did not have relations with those Alabaman's"
All the time having secret negotiations. Yup, not many can lie with such power.

I thought he'd be pretty good, he never gave himself the opportunity to be good and overcome adversity and instead he ran away like a little ***** with his tail between his legs

Well at the time I didn't realize he was a total hypocrit. He was always preaching loyalty and fighting through the rough times and talking about pride and whatnot. Well turns out he's the total opposite of what he preaches...I just can't respect a man like that. Not to mention he outright lied.

I'll admit, I certainly got the wool pulled over my eyes. He's a fraudulent backstabbing lying *******, and the worst thing to ever happen to the Miami Dolphins.

i believed the team was on the rebound. i think he did some good and alot of bad however i think his departure has left this team in better standing. a great head coach with some great assistants that can keep a fire under this team for four quarters of football. i believe the defense will get alot younger through free agency but keeping the core players intact is a good start. dump alot of the stupid salaries still hangin around and pick up good quality players in the draft. i feel another qb is in need. i feel the core wr's need to be changed up.

saban is rediculous, but all we can all do is fans is to look forward with optimism

I believed in him and hoped that he could turn this thing around but after the last few days he has been exposed as a fraud. He doesn't take responsibility for anything that goes wrong, blaming everyone and everything else but wants credit for the positive things. Saban's motto: The buck stops over there.

I'll admit, I certainly got the wool pulled over my eyes. He's a fraudulent backstabbing lying *******, and the worst thing to ever happen to the Miami Dolphins.
i think the worst thing that ever happened to the dolphins (and actually there have been many) is big baby jimmy johnson shaming marino into retirement at least 1 year earlier than needed because his ego couldn't handle the competition..

He was a great coach (motivating), he clearly didn't have a game strategy, but perhaps that problem could have been solved by a good OC and DC...

He was a coach who brought some good pieces to this puzzle, but he LIED to us..., he said that he wasn'y intrested in the Alabama job and when the lucrative matters came ahead, he clearly waived us saying "my heart is in college football", he also kind of wasted 2 years from us and some good players that we have that are about to retire such as Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor, eventhough I liked the direction he gave to this team until now.

Now, I feel like taking a HC who is familiarized with the NFL system and not a college guy...

GO PHINS!!!, LETS GET CAM CAMERON AS HC, KEEP DOM CAPERS AS DC AND GET SOME GREAT OC (JIM MORA)!!!

I'm not trying to sit here and point out that you were all wrong. I just am curious how you really feel about the man right now after all of the staunch defending and belief that everything he was doing was going to turn this ship around. I seemed like according those backing him, that it was an absolute given he'd re-establish the franchise and get us an SB.
Lets not forget BAMA is a bigtime job

i dont feel anything toward saban personally. he was a great college coach. he came to the nfl. two years here, and he was 15-17. now considering the personnel problems we had, this isn't too bad. he was around .500 with a team a lot of coaches wouldnt be able to coach to such a record.

i think saban realized that he is a better college coach than a pro one. he knew it would be tough to make this team elite.

and he did the right thing. his heart wasn't here, his family didnt like it here. there was no way he could avoid reality. of course saban wanted to win a Super Bowl. But he decided that whats best for him, his family, and the DOLPHINS would be for him to go back to college.

would anyone have preferred him staying here doing something he didnt want to be doing?

Back
Top Bottom