Former Saban lovers, I'm curious.......... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former Saban lovers, I'm curious..........

Transcendental

Prepare for Glory!
Reaction score
I'm not trying to sit here and point out that you were all wrong. I just am curious how you really feel about the man right now after all of the staunch defending and belief that everything he was doing was going to turn this ship around. I seemed like according those backing him, that it was an absolute given he'd re-establish the franchise and get us an SB.

I still think he could have turned the team around. I don't respect him as a man for the way he has handled himself, but I still think he is a good coach and could have been a good one at the NFL level.

Well I am one of those that backed Saban to his last toe nail and I can tell you now I feel like he slapped the team, the player, and the fans in the face with this stunt that he pulled. I do believe that Saban had us on the right track however, this team is not very good and we need players at every position and if had just continue to do the things he was doing we would have been successful. I truly believe that.

I never particularly cared for the man thought he was doing more harm than good but was willing to give him a chance and in the end i'm glad he's gone. He might be a great college coach but he wasn't cut out for the Pros.

Im not happy about the way he did what he did, and how he lied and is still taking shots at the team still, all that aside i dont blame him for taking the alabama job, If he didnt take us to the playoffs next year it was a good chance he would be fired, and he would have missed out on a job offer from a team who was willing to give him anything he wanted, Alabama wouldnt take no for an answer and gave him EVERYTHING he asked for, anyone of us would have done the same thing alone, let alone the fact the our current job situation wasent completly stable. Plus he asked Wayne for a no fire clause and he said no, so what was the guy suppose to do? I dont like the way he did it and how he played the mind games about it, but i dont blame him for doing it

I'm not trying to sit here and point out that you were all wrong. I just am curious how you really feel about the man right now after all of the staunch defending and belief that everything he was doing was going to turn this ship around. I seemed like according those backing him, that it was an absolute given he'd re-establish the franchise and get us an SB.

I didnt like Saban at first but really warmed up to him during last season. I honestly believed he was the right guy for the job based on what I seen and the way he talked during the press conference when he was hired. Now fast forward I seriously thought based on the fact that he sweared that he wasnt leaving that he was going to indeed stay and finish what he started.

Now I am not mad for him taking the job considering the money involved but I am really dissapointed in the way he handled all of this, especially since I seen on other forums that this was going on since october. I just cant describe the feelings I have right now but just like some people on this site said its time to move on ...

I am a Georgia alum, so I had a chance to witness the transformation of the LSU program under Saban, so when he came to Miami of course I was excited. However, I still questioned some of his moves and the fact that the team always started off slowly. It's good that he's gone because he sucked here anyway.

I was a former Saban supporter. I dont think it is fair for anyone to judge us. He obviously was not the ethical person we all thought he was. Noone knew he would do this to us until a month ago...Im glad he is the laughing stock of the country. It will just open our eyes and make us more skeptical of the D**shbags that are out there

i wrote this in another post but oh well.

he's not the person i thought he was. i am a big lsu fan so i was in love w/ the idea of him coming to miami. he turned lsu around in a big way. but i never really saw the behind the scenes at lsu and how he did it.

i was bumed that he left lsu but i figured he had won a national championship, time for the next hurdle. even though he lied about not leaving lsu i was ok because that what you are supposed to say for the sake of the players and school

when he arrived in miami, from the oppening press conference his confident attitude and no nonscense approach had me hooked. this guy will turn it around. he has good knowledge of college players for the draft and he has a great defensive system steeming from his cleveland brown days w/ bellicheck. he started hiring good coaches like linehan and houck. it all looked golden.

one thing that starting to bother me was the way he handled the media during press conferences. the way he would demean someone for asking a question. some questions where kind of stupid but to chew the media out for that is asking for trouble. and i figured if he treated them that way how did he treat his players and coaches. and the way he would make a joke during a press conference and sit there like it was the funniest thing and wait for people to laugh. so that bothered me but i was still w/ him as a coach because i thought he was seeking perfection spending countless hours and motivated the team to be better. after the browns loss last year he supposedly put on a great speech that helped spur the turnaround. he had great wins this year despite a horrible start. he has the mean streak but i figured maybe that is what players need in this league since most nice guy coaches don't seem to fair very well. and in the end i thought who else we going to get.

and then he left. good riddance. it doesn't bother me that he left for more money and that he has a great job or even that he lied. what bothers me is that it goes against everything he has said for the last 2 years. every speech and everything in his book. the never quit and heart and determination to get the job done. i bought into that stuff and now find out that it is a total sham. when it got a little rough, he bolted for greener pastures. the last few weeks i keep hearing quotes from him like it's hard in the nfl, there is so much parity, yada, yada yada. and then when he gets to alabama he throws mueller and others under the bus. and to top it off he goes back to the sec to go against lsu, the last team he screwed. does he really want to impact young players lives or yell them into submission which he couldn't do at the pro levels. who knows but at least he can never take away the national championship he won for lsu.

i feel numb. im still waiting for some sport show to say "sike"

I used to think he was a great coach.

Still, even Wanny had a better record than him, and Wanny was garbage. Hell, we even made the playoffs a couple times under Wanny.

6-10.

Back
Top Bottom