Tua Tagovailoa
MIA • QB • 1
CMP%67.8
YDS2653
TD16
INT10
YD/ATT6.84
View Profile
The Dolphins are really betting it all on Tua Tagovailoa this year. A new offensive system, better offensive line, and the offseason addition of Tyreek Hill is what the Dolphins believe can help Tagovailoa reach his potential and become one of the league's top quarterbacks.

Tagovailoa may already be good, even with all the problems that challenged him over the past two years. Tagovailoa completed 67.8% of his passes for 2,653 yards with 16 touchdowns and 10 interceptions last season -- and he's 13-8 as a starting quarterback despite having three offensive coordinators coach him in his two seasons. His deep ball criticism is a bit of a myth, as Tagovailoa trailed only Justin Herbert in completion percentage of passes thrown 20-plus yards downfield (Herbert was at 48.4% and Tagovailoa 48.3%).

Are the Dolphins overvaluing how good Tagovailoa is? We'll find out this year, but the numbers suggest he could be in line for a breakout campaign.

Ray R insert - Maybe the media is beginning to "see the light" - LOL

You will be surprised at how good coaching is gonna make a difference in Tua. Bout time we got a coach to show some confidence in him . Confidence breeds success and success breeds confidence. :UP:

Last edited:
Not sure “betting it all” is the correct phrasing there.

I have all the faith in Tua and as some of you know I’ve already started talking about the 2023 draft and what I expect to add to Tua’s team.

Betting it all would be trading up to No.1 next year for CJ Stroud, who is fantastic. But his services won’t be needed in Miami.

We bet the normal amount so far.

Trading up next year to end up with theee first round picks is a suggestion I’ve made. That’s pushing your chips and sending a message.

Not for nothing but the article the OP posted is an excerpt from a story called "Most Overvalued Player on Every AFC Team". To be fair Josh Allen was the Bills representative.

Not for nothing but the article the OP posted is an excerpt from a story called "Most Overvalued Player on Every AFC Team". To be fair Josh Allen was the Bills representative.
True, but the tone of this analysis was considerably more positive than the "flip of the coin" narrative I saw on so many of their other reviews.

Back
Top Bottom